NEurope
Ashley

Super Mario Galaxy

Last time Nintendo tried to keep Luigi a secret in a Mario game (because of "spoilers"), they shoved him on the box.

Famitsu score from GoNintendo.

Mario Galaxy 10 9 9 10

* Keeps up the feeling of “I wanna see what’s in the next level!”

* Gradually builds up things available in game, keeping a good difficulty balance and level design.

* Gravity change gimmicks and special actions improve boss fights.

* Wiimote controls work almost too well

* Tempo is abnormally good

* Just being able to point and gather star pieces in exhilarating.

* Game everyone can enjoy

In today's climate that's a brilliant score. The comments seem good too. The sole reason Mario 64 is the classic it is was due to that magical ingredient that made you want to keep playing.

Keeps up the feeling of “I wanna see what’s in the next level!” ...Perfectly sums up my entire feeling of Super Mario 64.

I just wonder how the wiimote controls can work "too" well?

Good start though. This should be incredible. It seems like Mario is back in the public's eye too (sales of MP8,NSMB) and with the advent of this game alongside Smash Bros/S&M@Olympics it looks as though Mario will be enjoying some kind of rebirth. And although he's never really been away it seems that, in 2000-2006 Mario wasn't really held in highest of regards anymore. I look forward to March 2008 when I can look back on HUGE Nintendo releases and rub my hands with glee.

9.5/10 from Famitsu. What games have achieved equal or higher than this score from Famitsu?

Super Mario Sunshine, God of War 2 and Halo 3 all got 10, 9, 9 and 9.

Didnt Red Steel get 39/40? Famitsu are always a bit.... meh with reviews.

Still, can't complain at that, it's a positive start.

No Red Steel didnt get 39/40! Thats an awesome score, I know this game is going to be the best ever, I can feel , this just convinces more so! This game is going to sell insane amounts of copies!!

38/40...that sucks...I'm cancelling my pre-order now. It should have got 50/40 due to its awesome overly coolness...

...seriously tho...I wonder what they decided warranted the point missing from those two reviewers

Last time Nintendo tried to keep Luigi a secret in a Mario game (because of "spoilers"), they shoved him on the box.

lol

38/40...that sucks...I'm cancelling my pre-order now. It should have got 50/40 due to its awesome overly coolness...

...seriously tho...I wonder what they decided warranted the point missing from those two reviewers

I don't know, I thought that. Personal preference maybe, I thought this would get four 10s to be honest. Still a great score, what is the Japanese release date? I bet this sees Wii sales go through the roof!

The ONM score has been released and the full review is in the next issue out tomorrow.

97%: “It’s funny because the thing that annoys us most is that its fantastic graphics show us the sort of games we could have been playing for the past year had some developers bothered to pull their finger out. Throughout the whole game the graphics constantly amaze, with stunning visual effects, some remarkably huge playing areas, and characters that are positively filled to the brim with personality. The sound is some of the best we’ve heard in a Mario game. Some of the power-ups give a similar sense of nostalgia. While some of the missions are quite simple, others will test the skills of even the most dedicated Mario fans.â€

BRING IT ON!

Could this be the third Edge 10 for three months running? (after Halo 3 E:181 and The Orange Box E:182)

It's starting to become a big possibility considering the lack-luster Sunshine got a 9.

I can't wait for this.

Super Mario Galaxy Leaked!

13844-50749-mariojavthegreatjpeg-550x.jpg

Apparently, US game store called EBGames has a demo of the game with a 10 minute restriction. When you play that game on a Wii, the limit is not there. A EB employee leaked it.

And again as usual pirates can play the game a lot earlier than people who actually buy games.

BTW gread job Nintendo giving them FULL GAMES (if true) so early - someone must have a lot of faith into average EB shop employees. So games already finished ... translated .... mhm thanks for letting us WAIT.

And again as usual pirates can play the game a lot earlier than people who actually buy games.

BTW gread job Nintendo giving them FULL GAMES (if true) so early - someone must have a lot of faith into average EB shop employees. So games already finished ... translated .... mhm thanks for letting us WAIT.

Yeah. :sad:

The dates for the folks wanting to buy the game.

JP November 1, 2007

NA November 12, 2007

EU November 16, 2007

AUS November 29, 2007

Solitanze is that you? lol

Could this be the third Edge 10 for three months running? (after Halo 3 E:181 and The Orange Box E:182)

It's starting to become a big possibility considering the lack-luster Sunshine got a 9.

I can't wait for this.

I wonder would be unprecedented...

I've left myself out of this thread for a while, last time I properly read it was the U R MR GAY thing...Don't know a whole lot about the game to be honest...only came in to see if anyone had posted ONM's score..nearly bought it but go scared of spoilers...