Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking 360 has crashed/stopped reading the disc during me playing Lost Odyssey again! It's upright, cool, and the disc is perfect. Why is this happening?!

Any suggestions? The 360 is approaching 2 years old, and it's really starting to annoy me.

Fucking 360 has crashed/stopped reading the disc during me playing Lost Odyssey again! It's upright, cool, and the disc is perfect. Why is this happening?!

Any suggestions? The 360 is approaching 2 years old, and it's really starting to annoy me.

Same thing has happened to me. At what part did yours crash the second time? Mine has crashed twice on Lost Odyssey, once exactly the part you were on. It's fine with any other game as well. I think it may be the game? Does the framerate sudddenly choke and the battle music stop when the disc read error occurs?

Guest Stefkov
I always put my 360 horizontally...but I don't really know why. It just seems wrong to put it vertically.

I'm with you. I just don't like that the disc is spinning vertically, in a flimsy tray. The Wii's alright, I trust it's built sturdily, but the 360; nono.

I'm with you. I just don't like that the disc is spinning vertically, in a flimsy tray. The Wii's alright, I trust it's built sturdily, but the 360; nono.

Well mines been spinning vertically for a whole year :heh: .. although i would personaly have it horizontal if i had the room to have it that way

haha I own an xbox but I aint angry ^.^ nor male...0.o

I'm still quite worried about how often they break..:indeed:

The console is great, it's just made appallingly it seems! I'm on my third.

The first one kept freezing etc...the second ones disc-tray opens randomly when playing a game and the third is a elite which is ok at the mo (touch bloody wood).

Noisy as hell though!

Well I don't want to have to be sending it back and to while at uni >_>

Noise doesn't bother me tbh, my mate has her 360 and she's had it a year now with no problems and I find it quiet ^.^

I'm going to go for the premium, because obviously core = bad haha xD. I'm quite tempted to get the elite now it's 50quid cheaper.

Are the falcon models a lot quieter, then? I'm certain mine is.

I've got a new 360 (not sure if it's a Falcon) with HDMI since the Bourne thing, which was on my launch day 360. Admittedly, the new one is quieter, but I still think it's about to jump off my shelf, fly out the window and boost to supersonic, ultra-visual speeds towards Neptune. Or something.

The noise of the 360 is probably the main reason I'm glad HD DVD lost the format war. I tried watching The Bourne Supremacy and the noise emitted from my 360 was so fricking loud, I watched the SD version on my whisper-quiet PS3 instead!

I think I must have a faulty xbox, since ive got it back from MS last September I cant actualy hear it when watching DVD's, HD-DVD's and the only time its noticeable during games is when the Disc drive spins.

I don't think much of the 360 noise, until I turn it off. Honestly you don't hear it when a game is playing (or at least, I don't, on my Elite), but if you turn the TV off first, then wait a few minutes, then turn off the xbox (hold (X) button, up, up, A - don't need to turn the TV on :heh:) the sudden silence surprises you.

I had my 360 vertical for the first couple of weeks, then Viva Pinata stopped working and started crashing the system, personally I think it was just the disk, but when I swapped it for a new copy, they assured me I should have it horizontal.

I don't think the Xbox is that loud unless you're actually playing a game. The speed the disc has to spin causes the loudness. I can watch a DVD/HDDVD on it and the noise doesn't bother me at all.

Well it is a games console, first and foremost, so yeh its pretty loud, pretty much all the time.:heh:

But yes you are right. When I put my 360 on without playing a game, its not too loud. But with a game, bloody hell the machine comes to life! :smile:

Well it is a games console, first and foremost, so yeh its pretty loud, pretty much all the time.:heh:

But yes you are right. When I put my 360 on without playing a game, its not too loud. But with a game, bloody hell the machine comes to life! :smile:

Lol, I only mentioned that because someone mentioned film watching on their console :)

I actually won a game of Halo 3 today!! :smile: It's such a good game when your not getting your arse kicked!:heh:

Can't wait to get online with my 360....but I think for now, I'm gonna stick with offline. I got exams coming up in May and June (A-levels: need to do well cos I need to get into Uni!!) and the fact that I just bought my 360 on Friday will keep me more than busy on top of my normal school work and social activities.

...but I have been looking at prices for the wireless adapter...bloody hell is it expensive!!!!!!!!

...but I have been looking at prices for the wireless adapter...bloody hell is it expensive!!!!!!!!

Its a farce especially considering wireless is standard in almost everything. It also makes up the extra money for a PS3...at least it used to, not sure with the new price drop. They should have made it standard with all models.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!