N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^ Heh I totally called it! :D

Ah well at least you won't have to pay to get it repaired Mike, just remember, RROD!

Hurrah for RROD! :D

lol, yeah who would ever have thought i would be glad to see it flash 3 red lights!!!!

But yeah S.C.G at least it wont cost me now!

Just need to go out and find something to put it in now! got an e-mail this morning with the label n stuff.

Poor xbox, I thought I had an RROD last week, realised it wasn't plugged in properly..-.- silly me.

I had a shock when I first had three controllers attached (as I can't tell the difference between the green and red).

UPS have just collected my 360. The driver goes "guess its an xbox then" lol. Wonder how many he has collected then...

I had a guy come pick up a parcel for my sister, he said " Im here for the xbox " then said " sorry I mean power drill, ive been saying that most of the day " :D

I had a guy come pick up a parcel for my sister, he said " Im here for the xbox " then said " sorry I mean power drill, ive been saying that most of the day " :D

Jesus what an unreiable machine! Not a fanboy statement, as I strive not to be one, but I can't understand how people can buy this machine, living in the fear that it will almost inevitably break.

Even as a ps3 owner, I live in this fear, as this machine has a fail rate that is not as low as would first appear but is somehow overshadowed by the xbox. I mean, it's already happened to Daft 2-3 times and Dwarf once as well as a few other people on these forums.

everytime my ps3 crashes, I wonder if the next button press will determine if I need to fork out £150 to fix it. With my old fat ps2, I never had this problem and that is still going strong!

Guess my point and question is, do you guys fear turning on your machine to have those three red lights tell you that death has come for your machine?

everytime my ps3 crashes, I wonder if the next button press will determine if I need to fork out £150 to fix it.

For the first three years, it's unlikely that you'll have to spend any money to fix your Xbox. And if you get a replacement machine with a new serial number then you enter the details to Xbox.com and the three years start over.

I don't worry about it at all, if it happens, it happens. It doesn't affect my enjoyment of the games at all.

Well now have had the 3 main ones fail on me now this generation. My wii broke 6 months after i got it, then my ps3 went faulty and now my 360.

How annoying. But in a weird kind of way the 360 is best 'protected' now as cube said with it having 3 year warrenty on 3 red lights which is the main fault with it whereas wii/ps3 only have 1.

It's the same with everything, phones, mp3 players and indeed consoles. As they get more and more advanced, more things can go wrong with them. Back in the day the Nokia 3210 was an indestructible beast of a phone, as was the Gamecube. Look at what we've got these days and we have phones that break at the slightest bump, and consoles that break after a certain amount of time, or if they try and play a certain dual layer DVD (I'm looking at you, Brawl..)

I'm on my second 360. My first one died of the ol' RROD after 2 years and 9 months. I then decided that I would buy a PS3. Then it died on Boxing Day '08 after the BD lens stopped working and the fan went a bit haywire after having it only 11 months. Luckily I was just within warranty and got it swapped with a refurb for free.

Before this I bought a second 360 and it broke in February after the fans stopped working and it was overheating so had to get that fixed. My brother is also on his second 360. As for my Wii, I've had it since June '07 and apart from the odd freeze it's still going strong.

Forza 3 gets a release date.

Going a little overboard with the Forza 3 screens aren't you, Microsoft? We need a break. Just this once, we'll go back-to-back, but only because they look so damn pretty.

While we've got you, if you're in Europe, you're in luck, as Microsoft today announced the game will be out on October 3, which is over three weeks earlier than the North American launch on October 27.

I fuckin hate FIFA....why is it soo annoying? I was always a PES man myself but since FIFA 09's release, I have been trying to get into that....main reason being that all my mate's are into it, graphics are better and overall its meant to be the better game. But I still majorly suck at this game and just can't get to grips with it. It fucking infuriates me.

Think I'll be getting PES this year. Maybeeee fifa but i don't want to cave into peer pressure.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!