NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

I started playing it again just recently. It is pretty good. Although I didn't have a clue what was going on. The gravity gun is really cool.

Find yourself in a combine infested city 17- link up with the rebels. Try and use a teleporter, alyx vance gets through, doesnt work so well for you - travel to the place you were going to on foot/hoverboat. Get attacked by combine after meeting up again with alyx and meet new faces at the other end of the teleport machine. Have your route cut off so you have to travel through ravenholm, told by Alyx Vance to head up the coast. Find out that Eli Vance has been captured so your target is the prison Nova Prospekt to retrieve him. Get to Nova Prospekt, Mossman double crosses you and takes Eli to the citadel, but when trying to escape yourself and new partner Alyx expierence time travel. You end up a week in the future in city 17. Meet up with rebels in the now ruin city 17. Alyx is captured. Fight your way up the citadel to meet with Breen and Mossman. Breen tries to flee earth after Mossman turns on him. You shut down the power source for the citedal and breens escape.

Not mentioning the g man of course

Reading the beginning of that, that's what's happened already. I know what's happened. Don't spoil it for me.

I meant I don't know what's going on before that.

They keep on saying stuff about Black Mesa and Ravenholme and I don't know what it's on about.

Ill put in spoiler tags for safety, but not really spoilers.

Black Mesa was a research facility that imploaded after an experiment. Freeman was a scientist that got thrown in. Watch the beginning of half life in 60 seconds to get the gist. Its in german, and funny.

Ravenholm is a village whose inhabitants have had head crabs make home on their heads. The lone survivor is the local priest. Brother Gregory. I love him.

Already clocked around 4 hours of game time on the Orange Box. Absolutely loving it!

Infinite Undiscovery... Probably my most disliked game of the year...

It its defense I have only been playing for around an hour, but so far I am just not compelled to play it...

The voice acting, the mouth syncing, the story and the combat, all fail in my opinion...

Going to put it up on Ebay with a 5 day duration, that will give me more time to play the game and give it a little more time to see if it gets better. But Im not getting my hopes up.

From what i've heard to opening few hours are awful but it gets a lot better after that. The combat system also gets alot better from what I hear once you've leveled up.

I'm tempted to buy it now actually...

From what i've heard to opening few hours are awful but it gets a lot better after that. The combat system also gets alot better from what I hear once you've leveled up.

I'm tempted to buy it now actually...

Wait till Monday and get it from Morrisons for £25

Early Warhammer 40K action game footage anyone?

http://kotaku.com/5045678/first-warhammer-brawler-footage-looks-hot

Am I getting confuse or does he refer to it twice while intruducing it as "a first person" game, but it's 3rd person :/ Or is he referring to the fact you're playing as one player not an overwatching player...? Still, that's a strange way to refer to it when in gaming-terms first person always means you're in the eyes of the player.

Still, it does look hot.

The rest of this year is going to be so awesome for the 360.

I'd call this coming silly season the best in memory for games. There's just so many games due, and a big swath of them look really, really good.

Any recommendations for a good shooter apart from GoW and Halo.

Call Of Duty 4

The Orange Box (Half Life/Portal for single player, Team Fortress 2 for multiplayer)

Rainbow 6: Vegas (both the first and the second)

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter (second is better and more refined that the first, but both are good)

The Darkness (only good in single player really)

Bioshock (single player only, no multiplayer modes at all!)

There's probably a lot that i've forgotten, but thats the list off the top of my head.

BioShock is the best fps on 360 i reckon, no multi-player, but its still amazin.

Get Bioshock, seriously.

If you haven't already played HL2 on PC also get Orange Box. CoD4 is probably the best for multiplayer, though I've never played the single. The others McPhee mentioned I could take or leave.

I am really enjoying Infinite Undiscovery right now, it's definitely the best JRPG on the 360 at the moment for me.

I love the combat, the dungeon design is top notch, I really love the characters and the dialogue is hilariously good at times, the story is pretty good and the music is really good.

Get past the first hour and it get's better and better.

Disc 1 spoilers

DINNER DINNER DINNER!

Call of Duty 4 and Bioshock are the 2 best that spring to mind from me. Both are amazing.

The Ghost Recon games are pretty good if you like some 3rd person tactical squad shenanigans.

Bioshock is fookin IMMENSE! All the others are good as well, the likes of COD4 etc.

Just got a copy of The Orange Box to play through, and I am loving every minute of it! Playing through Half Life 2....on the 8th level called Sandtraps. Can't believe this is the first time I'm playing it!

woah, talk about catch up :heh:

If you like HL2, episode 2 may make you shit your pants in joy. It's amazing.

This is really annoying. The past few days I've been having a massive amount of trouble connecting to parties in Halo 3 and CoD4. I've tried with an open NAT and a closed NAT, and one the rare occasion it works it usually goes smoothly.

I did a connection test, everything was fine except that ICMP seemed to take a while.

Edit: Actually...after a little bit of testing...the problem doesn't seem to be on my end.

Disc 1 spoilers

DINNER DINNER DINNER!

HAHA, yeh that part was pretty hilarious, I could not stop laughing when I first saw it

1:58 onwards is the part. Haha love it <3

Disc one does go stupidly fast though, took me about 7 hours... Hoping Disc 2 is much longer.

Oh man, got so pissed off at Half Life 2 just now. Was on the end of chapter 8 (sandtraps) and there were 2 fucking air ships that were shooting at me, as well as a fuck load of soldiers......took me 5 attempts to finally finish that damn chapter. Sigh.

I hate getting pissed off at games.

This is really annoying. The past few days I've been having a massive amount of trouble connecting to parties in Halo 3 and CoD4. I've tried with an open NAT and a closed NAT, and one the rare occasion it works it usually goes smoothly.

I did a connection test, everything was fine except that ICMP seemed to take a while.

Edit: Actually...after a little bit of testing...the problem doesn't seem to be on my end.

I had this problem quite a while ago, it was really annoying. I don't know too much, but basically you're NAT can be set to either open, moderate or strict. If you're open you can join anyone, if you're moderate you can only join people who are either open or moderate and if you're strict you can only join people who are open (hope that made sense).

To get around the problem, make sure the party leader has an open NAT. Or find and online tutorial and you can change you're NAT by going into your router's settings.

So in 14 days I won't have a TV anymore. What do I need to get my 360 running on my PC monitor in addition to a VGA cable? What do I do about sound, cable wise etc, considering I plan on using my headset. Also if anyone knows of a good switchbox that'd be handy too.

You'll need a hi fi or something with an audio jack in. Those look like a red and white scart. The VGA lead has audio cable to go in those.

also:

FUCK BT!

Jesus Fucking Christ!

OK- can anyone help me here?

this is my speed test

http://http://www.speedtest.net/result/319837430.png

but just now I've lagged as bad as I possibly could in game without being booted or the game freezing.

I have one of those homehub things- is it as simple as 'they're wank?' If so, can I use another router?