NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Yeah, they really are... I was getting 500 ping on a game of Warhawk in a server in Scotland last night.

When to play TF2 a little later, 50 ping.

Nice BT... ¬_¬

Its BT, so no.

Your only option really is to change ISP or have a go at them... then change your ISP.

Honestly BT are pretty useless and changing your ISP is a pretty simple process these days.

I never get any lag with BT although I dont use the shitty homehub, Opening my NAT made a major differeance though so try that if you havent done it already. I'm not on the standard BT broadband that you norms get though.

Fuck me, MS's customer support is awesome.

I rang up the cancel my account payments, as I'm off to Uni, and they did it just like that. Took me no more than 3 minutes from dialling the number, and I'm already off Gold.

Fuck me, MS's customer support is awesome.

I rang up the cancel my account payments, as I'm off to Uni, and they did it just like that. Took me no more than 3 minutes from dialling the number, and I'm already off Gold.

Yea, I went to complain about the disappearance of Ninja Gaiden Black. Two minutes later I had 1200 points added to my account.

Yeah, they really are... I was getting 500 ping on a game of Warhawk in a server in Scotland last night.

When to play TF2 a little later, 50 ping.

Nice BT... ¬_¬

On the other hand, I have had BT for absolutely yonks with no problems. I've always had smooth online play, so maybe it's down to the area.

I'm well pissed off. I went across the sand in Sandtraps in HL2 without touching the sand and I didn't get the achievement for it. I can do it again fine now that I know how to do it but I'm annoyed it aint unlocked now.

You must have because its not glitched

VGChartz is running a megaton rumor about the launch of the new Xbox 360 dashboard. It has our curiosity piqued because of its creativity and sheer audacity. The story goes that Microsoft will have a five-hour televised countdown beginning September 25 at 7PM Eastern leading to the New Xbox Experience and the software-based relaunch of the console at midnight.

Allegedly, G4 will cover the event exclusively and Live members will be able to stream it. The rumor gets even bigger by saying that three new components of the NXE will be unveiled when the update happens at midnight. First is a partnership with Sirius Radio, allowing users to access the satellite radio station for a "modest monthly fee." Then there's the music store page -- think iTunes, except on your Xbox. Finally, there's the "mad lib" page, though nobody seems to know what the _______ it is.

Sending this whole thing into overdrive, the source claims Microsoft will announce 12 new titles "exclusive or first" on the 360, including Assassin's Creed 2, Mass Effect 2, a new Conker game and two new Halo titles. Also, six free original Xbox games will be available to download, with Halo being one of them.

The whole thing sounds like madness (and fanboy conjecture), but given the Xbox 360's slipping sales, a mega-event relaunch might just be the reset button the company needs for the console best-known to general consumers for the RRoD. The whole rumor isn't even that insane when we recall how Microsoft went all-out for the first Xbox 360 launch and, if Microsoft execs are to be believed, this is "an entirely new Xbox" made possible by "the magic of software."

I like the sound of "six free original Xbox games", "a new Conker game" and "Mass Effect 2". Not sure about "modest monthly fee", or "iTunes on your Xbox".

I like the sound of "six free original Xbox games", "a new Conker game" and "Mass Effect 2". Not sure about "modest monthly fee", or "iTunes on your Xbox".

Agreed, sounds awesome!

Anyways.....I JUST FINISHED HALF LIFE 2! Fookin amazing game. Fucking immense. Absolutely loved it. One of the best games I have played, hands down mofo! omg. SO SICK!

Need to start episodes 1 and 2 now. Might do that tomorrow though. Man it was so good. :smile: :smile: : peace: : peace:

Anyways.....I JUST FINISHED HALF LIFE 2! Fookin amazing game. Fucking immense. Absolutely loved it. One of the best games I have played, hands down mofo! omg. SO SICK!

I really should get a wired Xbox 360 controller so I can play through it again (on the PC).

I really should get a wired Xbox 360 controller so I can play through it again (on the PC).

Wait.... what?!?!

Agreed, sounds awesome!

Need to start episodes 1 and 2 now. Might do that tomorrow though. Man it was so good. :smile: :smile: : peace: : peace:

You aint seen nothin yet. Keep on truckin!

I just find using WASD controls to be very painful.

I'm not much of a PC gamer, but my best mate is, and I gotta agree with you, using those controls really hurt my fingers! Start giving me pain within 10-15 mins!

Thank god I'm a console man!: peace:

Can't wait for Mass Effects 2 & 3.

*head explodes*

Gotta say- even though I much prefer controllers to M+K, I'd find that really hard without autoaim.

Is it possible to use hybrid controls on PC games? Like, plug in a controller and use the left stick for movement, but the mouse for aiming. That would be awesome.

Is it possible to use hybrid controls on PC games? Like, plug in a controller and use the left stick for movement, but the mouse for aiming. That would be awesome.

Yup, i had to do that for a while when i sliced one of my fingers up goodo, couldn't type with my left but could use the analogue ok. It takes some serious getting used to, you have a lot less buttons and don't try putting crouch on the analogue stick button, you can't use it and move at the same time (same goes for anything assigned to that button).