NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

get back on it, its such a good game.

anyone know a cheap place i can get viva pinata for next wednesday lol, i wud go morrisons but i think the offer stops on sunday :/

Yeah it is, imo. I felt the same as you did, glad I went for it though.

Is there a cable or something I can buy that lets me use my PC headset (regular jack) with my 360 VGA cable?

Quick question, one I feel almost retarded for asking. If I where to leave my 360 in the box for the next 8 months would the hard drive keep the data stored. I can't see why it wouldn't but then I remember the Xbox1 that every time you switched the power off you had to reset the clock time.

Anyone know if the the double xp on COD4 is up and running?

It is now I did prestige last night and took me just a few games to get up to level 11 on search and destroy.

Man we really should all play a game together sometime. Im gonna be playing tonight no map pack annoynigly cause the cod 4 site is down so I cant redeem my freaking game of the year code.

Anyhow HeadlessHaden is my GT if anyone wants to play some Cod4 tonight.

Quick question, one I feel almost retarded for asking. If I where to leave my 360 in the box for the next 8 months would the hard drive keep the data stored. I can't see why it wouldn't but then I remember the Xbox1 that every time you switched the power off you had to reset the clock time.

Same way you're computer hard drive needs everything reinstalled every time you reboot? :heh: Of course it will be fine.

The New Xbox Experience - What You Want to Know

Many of those who got to attend PAX got a look at the New Xbox Experience - specifically the dashboard. Now it's everyone else's turn to get the goods on what's coming your way. Even those who saw the demo will learn some new things. Every Friday, we want to bring you information that will hopefully answer some of the questions you've been asking. Granted, we may not have something every single week but check back, anyway. After all, you don't want people to point and laugh at your lack of knowledge, right?

For our first week we wanted to show you how the Games Played slot will look in the New Xbox Experience.

It will become obvious for the next few Wednesdays that my team is Gamerscore obsessed. Let's be honest, with high Achievement counts, it was sometimes a pain having to scroll through all of them to see how well we were doing. Once the New Xbox Experience launches that will all change.

When you click on your Gamercard in the New Xbox Experience you will see some familiar options; your messages will be accessible, you will be able to edit your profile or update your Avatar, manage your account, switch profiles (if you have multiple profiles) and change the Theme (more on Themes in the coming weeks). From here you will also be able to see every game you’ve played on your Xbox 360.

2848768817_1650b962bd_b.jpg

Check out the screen shot up there. The team has created a mock account for Major Nelson (Yes, we know the Gamerscores don’t match up on his account but that is because we created this screen shot on a build that is still being worked on).

The first card shows all of the Achievements you’ve unlocked and lists out your overall Gamerscore and the highest possible Gamerscore you could have based on the games you’ve played. To the right of that every game you’ve played will have its own card that fans out. If you’ve played 3 games (like this account has), you will have 3 cards. 500 games? All 500 will fan out on your screen. You can check out what Achievements you’ve unlocked per game and what you have left to work on.

We’ll have more updates like this until we launch this fall so make sure you keep checking back for the next set of screens and details.

From what I've seen I actually prefer the current system to be honest.

The current system is the new Xbox Guide.

From what I've seen I actually prefer the current system to be honest.

I was the same at first. I still am.

This one might grow on me. It's just having everything on show will get a little overwhelming will it not?

All of the games you've played being listed right next to that box up above. Say you've played 40+ games. That's a lot of tab things to slide through.

Started Bishock again, going for the whole shabang this time (i.e. Dairies/Upgrades/everything) on hard. Although the vita-chambers take away a lot of the difficulty (I'll probably play it through a third time with those off).

Finished my first playthrough on mass effect :) did it as a paragon so now just started a new character as a renegade, im going to use different secondary characters for the achievements too :) plus this time im a soldier so i can use snipers and assault rifles :P doing it on expert too so might take some time :P

Does the difficulty go up a lot?

Started Bishock again, going for the whole shabang this time (i.e. Dairies/Upgrades/everything) on hard. Although the vita-chambers take away a lot of the difficulty (I'll probably play it through a third time with those off).

Finished my first playthrough on mass effect :) did it as a paragon so now just started a new character as a renegade, im going to use different secondary characters for the achievements too :) plus this time im a soldier so i can use snipers and assault rifles :P doing it on expert too so might take some time :P

Does the difficulty go up a lot?

I really can't play through games more than once, and find absolutely everything etc for achievements. I just don't have the energy!:heh::smile:

I can't usually either; but Mass Effect and Bioshock are both such fantastic games. I've played both twice now and will almost certainly play both again at some stage - I'm still to play Paragon in ME, and Hard Mode / No Chambers in Bioshock.

I can't usually either; but Mass Effect and Bioshock are both such fantastic games. I've played both twice now and will almost certainly play both again at some stage - I'm still to play Paragon in ME, and Hard Mode / No Chambers in Bioshock.

Actually you're right about Bioshock, there's no way I'm gonna get rid of that. Such a class game, I will probably give it another playthrough sometime in the future.

I can understand Mass Effect as well, choosing different classes, different characters, different decisions etc.

But other games in my collection, like DMC4, are games that I don't think I'll ever play again. I liked it yes, but after playing through it once, you've pretty much seen everything...unless you're an achievement whore:heh: :smile:

Actually you're right about Bioshock, there's no way I'm gonna get rid of that. Such a class game, I will probably give it another playthrough sometime in the future.

I can understand Mass Effect as well, choosing different classes, different characters, different decisions etc.

But other games in my collection, like DMC4, are games that I don't think I'll ever play again. I liked it yes, but after playing through it once, you've pretty much seen everything...unless you're an achievement whore:heh: :smile:

Yep, definately. I didn't even finish DMC4. I got up to the second half where you control Dante and gave up.

Yep, definately. I didn't even finish DMC4. I got up to the second half where you control Dante and gave up.

Haha, me too.

Oh man, just started playing Half Life 2, Episode 2 and as usual its so fucking good. Had a bit of a break after completing Half Life 2 and Episode 1 within a week.

Right now I'm only borrowing a copy of the Orange Box, but I'm thinking I'll buy my own copy when its on sale. Just love it too much!

I was wondering, if I buy one of these fancy play and charge kit that charge trough USB can I connect it to my PC and use it to play games on it?

Like when you connect a wired controller to a PC.

Well that´s crap, especially since controllers are stupidly prized here :/

Well that´s crap, especially since controllers are stupidly prized here :/

Buy either:

A wired controller

or a 360 Crossfire (USB adapter for your PC).

The controller only transfers data via wireless and charges via the USB port.

I am tempted to do that but the price and not enough stores stocking wired controllers is giving me some doubts.

36,78 pounds (converted from ISK) for a wired controller and importing a controller is a no go seeing as import taxes would end up making me pay about as much.

I might go with the crossfire.

Oh man, just started playing Half Life 2, Episode 2 and as usual its so fucking good. Had a bit of a break after completing Half Life 2 and Episode 1 within a week.

Right now I'm only borrowing a copy of the Orange Box, but I'm thinking I'll buy my own copy when its on sale. Just love it too much!

I've got a copy of Orange Box for sale if you want it. It's virtually new (only played it twice - don't have enough time for games like that at the moment).

A tenner plus P&P?