NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Dont think PES demo is out. Seems like people were speculating with no confirmation.

oh ok.:smile:

Cool, think i will give the fifa demo a try n all! Not owned a fifa game since fifa 2003...

Same here mate! Always been a PES player myself but I'm more interested in FIFA now!

Unless PES actually improves.....:heh::indeed:

Xbox Product Manager Germany Boris Schneider-Johne states in a utmost interesting interview with Golem.de that this won't be the case for the majority of 360 games.

We now allow the customer to install games on their hard drive. This is optional, you don't have to do it. But if I do it, these games will load faster because a DVD-drive with seek operation does have load times every now and then. There are prominent examples, for instance: Project Gotham Racing 3, one of the first games for the Xbox 360. There the load times have been very long; those are going to get reduced immensely. Recent games are already optimized; there the gain is relatively small.

FFS, get my call of duty game of the year code and the site is down or some bullcrap. Ah well at least I have my precious cod 4 back.

Thanks Infinity Ward thanks very much!

Ah man what the hell do I care be awesome to see the servers uber populated with new map players any N europe people fancy some Cod 4 games this weekend?

Thanks Infinity Ward thanks very much!

Ah man what the hell do I care be awesome to see the servers uber populated with new map players any N europe people fancy some Cod 4 games this weekend?

I've just cancelled my Live as I'm about to go to Uni, so count me out.

I'll be getting the maps f'sure ,though!

I've just cancelled my Live as I'm about to go to Uni, so count me out.

I'll be getting the maps f'sure ,though!

I'm off to uni as well! No more Live for me after the 27th! Sniff sniff.

Now I can actually get a life hopefully!:heh::smile:

According to G4 this:

VGChartz is running a megaton rumor about the launch of the new Xbox 360 dashboard. It has our curiosity piqued because of its creativity and sheer audacity. The story goes that Microsoft will have a five-hour televised countdown beginning September 25 at 7PM Eastern leading to the New Xbox Experience and the software-based relaunch of the console at midnight.

Allegedly, G4 will cover the event exclusively and Live members will be able to stream it. The rumor gets even bigger by saying that three new components of the NXE will be unveiled when the update happens at midnight. First is a partnership with Sirius Radio, allowing users to access the satellite radio station for a "modest monthly fee." Then there's the music store page -- think iTunes, except on your Xbox. Finally, there's the "mad lib" page, though nobody seems to know what the _______ it is.

Sending this whole thing into overdrive, the source claims Microsoft will announce 12 new titles "exclusive or first" on the 360, including Assassin's Creed 2, Mass Effect 2, a new Conker game and two new Halo titles. Also, six free original Xbox games will be available to download, with Halo being one of them.

The whole thing sounds like madness (and fanboy conjecture), but given the Xbox 360's slipping sales, a mega-event relaunch might just be the reset button the company needs for the console best-known to general consumers for the RRoD. The whole rumor isn't even that insane when we recall how Microsoft went all-out for the first Xbox 360 launch and, if Microsoft execs are to be believed, this is "an entirely new Xbox" made possible by "the magic of software."

Is nothing but lies.

lets hope it isnt, is 25th the confirmed date for the new dashboard? i thought it was november

Got my free copy of Infinite Undiscovery today. :D

wha? Have they resorted to giving them away?

wha? Have they resorted to giving them away?

No, I'm guessing he got it from his place of employment (Squeenix) although giving it away as standard might not be such a bad idea. :heh:

Completed Bioshock. Damn, what a game. Can't believe I didn't do it before. Some of the end game storyline is fucking sweet, too. I pretty much went through the rest of the game from Arcadia (I lost interest at the tree death bit for months) to completing it (saving every Little Sister, awww yeah) in 3 days.

Completed Bioshock. Damn, what a game. Can't believe I didn't do it before. Some of the end game storyline is fucking sweet, too. I pretty much went through the rest of the game from Arcadia (I lost interest at the tree death bit for months) to completing it (saving every Little Sister, awww yeah) in 3 days.

I love Bioshock. One of my favourite games of all time. :smile:

bioshock is on my shit list for not including southpaw sticks. bastards.

That's because lefties are categorised as untermensch... :indeed:

A possible price cut is on the way.

UK retail chain Woolworths looks poised to cut the price of Xbox 360, following a similar move by Microsoft in the US.

The Arcade Xbox 360 will drop to GBP 129.99, the Premium unit to GBP 169.99, and the Elite console to 229.99, according to scans from the upcoming Woolworts catalogue, photographed by Engadget.

The three Xbox 360 consoles currently sell for GBP 159.99, GBP 199.99 and GBP 259.99 respectively. In comparison, a Wii console retails for GBP 179.99 with a copy of Wii Sports.

However, it is not yet clear whether this is a Woolworths-lead or Microsoft-bossed initiative.

The recent Xbox 360 price-cut to USD 199 in the US caused sales spikes of between 100 and 600 per cent.

Both Microsoft and Woolworths have been contacted for comment.

uh, what??

I'm joking, don't worry, I'm not really a member of the Nazi government of Germany.

Is it really worth it? I've kept ahold of it since it came out but I've not got far at all. I played through it then restarted it to save all the little sisters instead then got bored after saving the 3rd or 4th one. I havn't gone back since.