NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Got my fable 2 code and i ordered after everyone else so it seems they are still handing them out early

Again: no excuse. Just because it's a game, it doesn't excuse bad work. Bad writing will be bad writing, regardless of form. And wrong. The writing is bad for a game because it's overblown, passive exposition. Good story telling in games is about using the medium to tell a story, not cramming it in to preposterous cut scenes where the notion of it being a game in the first place is ignored.

I remember me, you and Jamba having a chat about this before in the context of Half Life 2. Now that's how to tell a story well, and through the medium as you say.

I love Sonata but haven't played it much. I got to a point early on where i entered a village Inn and was told i needed to find some kid; I looked around a bit, couldn't find him, and haven't played it since :(

There's only one place to go to find that kid.

You have to talk to people around town and then you're told he was at the cliff at the left of the settlment you arrive at.

That's if I'm thinking of the right place. That's the only kid I remember you being asked to find.

When are you guys gonna stop talking about wimpy games and stark talking about real men´s games like Brütal Legend it will be the sort of game that will put hair up the shaft of your cock!

If your convinced then, you should know that it´s being made by Grandmaster Tim Schafer and is sported by the voices of Lemmy from Motorhead, Dio of Black Sabbath fame, Rob Halford from Judas Priest and Jack Black

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26524.html

Debut trailer.

Just felt like you should know (All of you!)

I remember me, you and Jamba having a chat about this before in the context of Half Life 2. Now that's how to tell a story well, and through the medium as you say.

mmm yeah. I'd still call hl2 the best example yet. Mass effect is likely a close second as player interaction and choice drives and changes story, making it a kind of game device in itself. Similarly, Fable 2 should be a good story game because quite separately from the narrative, the real story of the protagonist will be in contextual changes on the environment, wrought by the players actions. Should be excellent.

When are you guys gonna stop talking about wimpy games and stark talking about real men´s games like Brütal Legend it will be the sort of game that will put hair up the shaft of your cock!

For some reason the trailer reminds me of lame 90s kids cartoons (minus the blood).

Trying to decide whether I want to buy Fable or Fallout first. Both are such big games I just know one of them will be buried by the other, depending on which I can properly get into first.

Why do they release such big games so close to one another :(

mmm yeah. I'd still call hl2 the best example yet. Mass effect is likely a close second as player interaction and choice drives and changes story, making it a kind of game device in itself. Similarly, Fable 2 should be a good story game because quite separately from the narrative, the real story of the protagonist will be in contextual changes on the environment, wrought by the players actions. Should be excellent.

Totally. I love how just looking at each other's characters and worlds we'll be able to interpret their journey through the physical and pschological attributes of each - scars, demeanour, physique e.tc. I just hope there are a lot of permutations so each character is unique in their own way.

Halo 3 online can be a real bitch at times. I just had a match where it respawned me in front of an enemy vehicle on 4 of 5 times.

Plus, when are they going to fix the problem that the game completely fails to tell you about bomb/flag plants/scores? It's the most retarded thing ever.

Halo 3 online can be a real bitch at times. I just had a match where it respawned me in front of an enemy vehicle on 4 of 5 times.

Plus, when are they going to fix the problem that the game completely fails to tell you about bomb/flag plants/scores? It's the most retarded thing ever.

They should just get rid of the vehicles online full stop, especially the ghosts. The people who get in them are just ridiculously annoying yet get some easy kills for what you mentioned, as well having shield X 99, it seems at times.

They should just get rid of the vehicles online full stop, especially the ghosts. The people who get in them are just ridiculously annoying yet get some easy kills for what you mentioned, as well having shield X 99, it seems at times.

Nah, vehicles are easy to take out, stickys and lasers destroy them easily, and driving a warthog round with a good gunner on valhalla means a shit load of kills.

And mongooses on swat are quite handy, if the person on the back can get hs's easy wit his br.

I don't think I've ever seen that bug and I've played loads online....

Vehicles make Halo what it is, they're something completely different in the game and when used to effect can be amazing. IT's so much more realistic the vehicles being strong like they are, a warthog in real life would be hard to take down. The ghosts are great too but there are ways to take them down easily - bruteshotting it works best I find but also a well placed grenade and few BR shots can do the trick.

Vehicles make Halo what it is, they're something completely different in the game and when used to effect can be amazing. IT's so much more realistic the vehicles being strong like they are, a warthog in real life would be hard to take down. The ghosts are great too but there are ways to take them down easily - bruteshotting it works best I find but also a well placed grenade and few BR shots can do the trick.

If someone was shot in the head while in a vehicle in real life they would certainly be killed, especially in an open vehicle like the warthog/ghost. But the players in vehicles seem to get a massive shield boost that ruins it to some extent. My friend is extremely good at the game, yet the number of times I have been watching the screen after he has loaded bullets into a medium-distance ghost rider, only for them to drive off is frankly ridiculous.

I'm not saying it's hard to take a ghost down 1 on 1, but they get some easy kills for circling bases and are generally just a nuiscance. A perfect example for something vehicle-related that's quite unfair is when a full accommodated warthog circles a base, continuously killing people.

Warthogs can be used strategically, though, which I commend, but ghosts are just things invented to piss people off.

and driving a warthog round with a good gunner on valhalla means a shit load of kills.

People who do that tend to be unskilled (aside from being damn nuisance spawn killers)... and the people getting killed would probably disagree with the statement 'vehicles make the game'.

I don't think I've ever seen that bug and I've played loads online....

I get it in 90% of games. Most of the time I have to keep an eye on the bottom right of the screen to know what's going on as I get no clear indication/voice over saying what's going on. Very occasinally I get a CtF game where an announcer says "Flag taken", "flag captured" on various stuff. Bomb games never have anything.

Also, vehicles are the best thing about Halo (well....second, the voice acting of minor characters is the best thing).

If someone was shot in the head while in a vehicle in real life they would certainly be killed, especially in an open vehicle like the warthog/ghost.

I'm fairly sure that you can snipe people who are in vehicles.

Still, the Ghosts on Isolation and Snowbound really shouldn't be there.

I'm fairly sure that you can snipe people who are in vehicles.

Yeh, you most definitely can, but this is something that seems to be buffered by the windscreen and is quite tricky to pull off. But generally speaking the overall shield is enhanced.

100% with you regarding the ghosts on snowbound, particularly. I can't remember one skilled player who resorted to using a ghost on it, and the people who do are just in it for the cheap kills.

Warthogs are a great addition IMO, although can be misused for spawn killing, while ghosts online just tend to heavily piss me off. Even though you can stick them if you get close enough.

Can't remember if I posted this already but I really enjoyed the Force Unleashed demo :D so much fun and I felt so powerful! One thing that surprised me is I didn't think the graphics were very good, but the various engines ran smoothly and were fun to watch at work. Never saw any stormtroopers holding onto each other or grabbing crates though! Kept forgetting about my lightning powers and that AT-PT was tough, well he was the first time, til I realised I could just force push him and zap him about a bit up close :) Has made me quite interested in the full game.

Vehicles make Halo? lol?

I played the first halo when it was released, as well and Halo 2 and 3 online. I'm around rank 47 which is pretty good, but theres plenty of people better. However, as you get to a higher skill level the usefulness of vehicles decreases (especially ghosts). Whatever way you look at it, at the end of the day being in a vehicle requires next to no skill what-so-ever...just aiming a massive crosshair anywhere near the person kills them rapidly and is seen by a lot of people as something people who play Halo very little do. I've personally not played in a few months, and didn't play it that much when I did, but I agree 100% with Sheikah when he says it's the most annoying thing on earth (for example on Standoff (?) when people just hop in the warthog and spray the turret at anyone they see) it's almost pathetic. Spartan laser/rocket launcher/plasma grenades do work well against vehicles though, and as you improve you get killed by them less and less.

Vehicles are the most annoying thing in halo, followed by people who camp snowbound behind the blue lazers all day with a shotgun.

Vehicles make Halo? lol?

Well, they certainly make the single player. They're the only good parts.

Well, they certainly make the single player. They're the only good parts.

Wish I could agree. I cringe whenever I see the start of a vehicle scene in single player campaign. I guess it's down to personal choice, the warthog bit at the ending of Halo 1/3 is pretty good. But in general, I hate being in a warthog/ghost for long...I prefer to be able to hide behind things as well take advantage of the flexibility of being on foot. Obviously theres points in all the Halo games where it's a necessity to be in a vehicle, or very useful at least. In those cases i'll use a vehicle, but if i've got the choice between being on a warthog/ghost or having the max amount of grenades, as well as a sniper rifle and rocket launcher or whatever, I know which scenario i'd pick everytime.

But yeah, it's about personal taste though, just prefer FPS' to have a few vehicle scenes but leave the person to actually tackle the enviroment without a huge advantage!

I am aware the whole post makes me seem like some halo addict, I really enjoyed the split screen campaign with friends...especially on the first one, but the campaign on halo 2/3 lacked something, so I hardly even played those. I guess the vehicle/non vehicle debate can be compared to something like invincibility on mario: for some it's fun, but for others the risk factor of being able to get screwed at any moment is what makes the game enjoyable.

Just my two cents.

Can't remember if I posted this already but I really enjoyed the Force Unleashed demo :D so much fun and I felt so powerful! One thing that surprised me is I didn't think the graphics were very good, but the various engines ran smoothly and were fun to watch at work. Never saw any stormtroopers holding onto each other or grabbing crates though! Kept forgetting about my lightning powers and that AT-PT was tough, well he was the first time, til I realised I could just force push him and zap him about a bit up close :) Has made me quite interested in the full game.

I thought it was 'ok'. It might be a later in the year purchase when hopfully the price has gone down for it.

Although when i played the bioshock demo i thought it was 'ok' and when i did buy it, it has been one of my favourite games on the 360! lol.

Anybody played N+ on 360 and on DS? Just completed the DS game, like 2 days after I got it. I always thought it was supposed to be hard, is the 360 version better?

People who do that tend to be unskilled

Ha, whatever you say, id say the only unskilled players when it comes to warthogs are those who dont know how to get rid of them.

If you have something better, use it to your advantage.

I'm with skunky here. If you let the other team fuck you with hogs, it means you let them take control of the map and power weapons.

Vehicles make Halo? lol?

I played the first halo when it was released, as well and Halo 2 and 3 online. I'm around rank 47 which is pretty good, but theres plenty of people better. However, as you get to a higher skill level the usefulness of vehicles decreases (especially ghosts). Whatever way you look at it, at the end of the day being in a vehicle requires next to no skill what-so-ever...just aiming a massive crosshair anywhere near the person kills them rapidly and is seen by a lot of people as something people who play Halo very little do. I've personally not played in a few months, and didn't play it that much when I did, but I agree 100% with Sheikah when he says it's the most annoying thing on earth (for example on Standoff (?) when people just hop in the warthog and spray the turret at anyone they see) it's almost pathetic. Spartan laser/rocket launcher/plasma grenades do work well against vehicles though, and as you improve you get killed by them less and less.

Vehicles are the most annoying thing in halo, followed by people who camp snowbound behind the blue lazers all day with a shotgun.

The better you get at Halo, the less you will see warthogs running rampant. Unless there's a really really good driver, or the other team is stategically hogging all the power weapons, warthogs are only good for a few kills. I love people getting in Warthogs, because I know there's an easy double-kill waiting to be taken. Around newbies though, warthogs are more useful.

Also shooting people in ghosts is no different to shooting them whilst their on foot, (It's just difficult when they're moving to hit the player everytime, let alone 4-shot them with a BR).

On a side note: anyone still play this regularly? I haven't stopped playing it really since launch - it's such a good game, with great depth for those that stick with it. (Nearly got my 49!).