NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

i play a few times a week, im really into team swat at the moment. Id be up for some games, im lookin for 3 other people whod be prepared to use tactics and all that jazz, its hard to find though.

and the warthog argument :

And if you get a warthog with laser/rocket riding shotgun, no one can fuck u up really.

And if you get a warthog with laser/rocket riding shotgun, no one can fuck u up really.

People that really know what they're doing grab the sniper rifle/laser/RL rather than piss around with vehicles tbh. I think the poster who is a rank 47, probably the person with the most knowledge and experience of the game here (or maybe spirited away), pretty much hit the nail on the head regarding vehicles.

The better you get at Halo, the less you will see warthogs running rampant.

-

On a side note: anyone still play this regularly? I haven't stopped playing it really since launch - it's such a good game, with great depth for those that stick with it. (Nearly got my 49!).

Yeah, i've hardly ever died to vehicles... but, for example, in team slayer games (even when I was rank 40+ in them) you can get lumbered in teams with people who just run out and die to vehicles over and over. All that means is that you may aswell just sit back in the base, kill anyone that comes in and just wait for the game to finish so you can lose a rank and gain no experience. That's why lone wolves is better unless you have a team.

I was in halls at University when Halo 3 came out, so played through campaign with a friend there, but couldn't get live to work so only played it when I was back for holidays etc, and this summer. Having played Halo 2 on the Xbox360 (which is different to Halo 3, but it's the same concept) helped a lot, and it didn't take me too long to get used to it. However, after I got back for the summer holidays, me and a friend who recently got an Xbox360 played it for a while, but got pretty bored after a few weeks. Haven't played it for over a month now, but if I come on i'll drop you a PM with my gamertag.

People who do that tend to be unskilled (aside from being damn nuisance spawn killers)... and the people getting killed would probably disagree with the statement 'vehicles make the game'.

No way, my brother and I are good players and we use the warthog all the time because it completely changes the flow of a game. We play on the same TV, he drives and I shoot, and it's a great way to change the game. There's a lot of skill in driving a warthog properly. We can also match anyone with a BR battle and other guns.

this regularly? I haven't stopped playing it really since launch - it's such a good game, with great depth for those that stick with it. (Nearly got my 49!).

I've got back into it recently, add me on Live if you don't have me and I'll play with you sometime. My gamertag is CharlieDouglas (recently changed from Moria360).

People that really know what they're doing grab the sniper rifle/laser/RL rather than piss around with vehicles tbh. I think the poster who is a rank 47, probably the person with the most knowledge and experience of the game here (or maybe spirited away), pretty much hit the nail on the head regarding vehicles.

Depends if he's rank 47 in BTB

Some dodgy camera filming there! lol

I do really like the look of the new dashboard though! :)

Agree with that, I think it's coming along nicely. Much better than the clunky Blades being used right now.

Depends if he's rank 47 in BTB

Lone Wolves.

Theres plenty of people better, loads. Sheikah is right though, vehicles are pretty useless in Halo. If theres 2-3 of you in a warthog, expect to be lasered/rocket launchered/snipered/plasma'd/power drained, same applies to ghosts etc. I personally think vehicles are pretty lame, apart from being easy to take down, when you get killed by one like 80% of the time it's by someone who gets -6 in k/d spread and is just annoyed of sucking so bad they need to resort to other means of being able to scroung a kill or two.

I'm not even being mean, it's just the reality.

Just watched that video about the new dashboard, what is the point of downloading a game to the hard drive? How much space would a game take up do you think? I'm guessing there would be slightly improved loading times but are there any other benefits?

2 reasons:

1, A HDD can run data far, far faster than a disc ever could.

2, No more ultra loud DVD drive!

2 reasons:

1, A HDD can run data far, far faster than a disc ever could.

2, No more ultra loud DVD drive!

Those 2 reasons are good enough for me. :smile: :smile:

You know, it annoys me that I don't play online more because I feel like I'm not taking advantage of the free year of Live I got, but I usually don't feel like it :P Gotta see if I play something with you guys, but I suppose I only have Halo 3 and GoW to play online (well I have some others like Forza, but I doubt anyone here plays it online) and I suck at all of them.

Meh.

get in on Gears. We need to kick off a regular game on here I'm sure we have at least 8 people...

get in on Gears. We need to kick off a regular game on here I'm sure we have at least 8 people...

im shit at GoW, but id play if you can sort a few matches not on the weekend

Yeah I'm also pretty shit. I'll revive my thread later in the week and see who can cook up a host.

If you play the game later at night at around 10 and not 8ish then it would be a lot better.

I'd join in the games in the next few days if you play after 10. Cos I'm always working when you seem to be playing.

Hows about tonight? Anyone?

Need to see if my Gears disk works, got it repaired at GS the other week.

I would, but I'm off out with some hombres

Thursday is my next games night. You guys up for it then?

Ninja Blade!

The character designs are by Keiji Nakaoka of Capcom's 2nd Character Development Studio (he did some character modeling and design for Lost Planet), the music is by Norihiko Hibino of Metal Gear Solid fame, and Itsuro Kawasaki from Production IG will be directing the event scene animations. The game is being developed by From Software, and is a completely original brand new cinematic action game where the player will slay monsters while dynamically travelling across the super skyscrapers of Tokyo. It's been in planning and development for over 3 years now and will use the Xbox360's spec to the fullest for interactivity and dynamic action packed gameplay.

- The game is based on real locations throughout Tokyo including the Shinjuku Skyscrapers, Tokyo Tower, and Roppongi Hills.

- The game will use the full spec of the Xbox360 to recreate the famous landmarks to be as close to reality as possible.

- You can use your superhuman ninja skills to dive from skyscrapers, make giant leaps, etc.

- Using a variety of weapons you can take down armies of monsters one after another.

- The cinematic action nature of the game aims to create action sequences that are comparable to a Hollywood movie, while seamlessly branching between gameplay and cinematics.

Ninja Blade trailer

Screens (dont the logo look like ninja gaidens logo!)