NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

After a bit of googling, as far as I can tell the only additional feature gold has over silver is to play games online. The friend lists and whatnot are all included in the silver package (which I have now after my gold trial ended). Now I don't know about you, but I think £30-£40 a year to simply connect to other people (not even private servers we're talking about here) seems excessive, especially seeing as nearly every other system format lets you play games online for free (excluding MMORPGs, which in fairness do get far many more updates and need constant maintenance). Put simply Dan Dare, in the grand scheme of things it isn't cheap.

A bit late to the discussion but anyway...

Before e3 I might have agreed with you, but if the whole party systems they announced works as well as the other aspects of Live, then it really would be worth 40 quid per year.

I realised this article was bullshit in the third sentence, when it said that online on the 360 was 'basically the same' as the Wii and the PS3. It really isn't. Perhaps it isn't £40 better than it's competitors, but it isn't the same. The Wii has shit online, I don't think anyone will argue and the PSN is somewhat... lacking. If the Wii didn't have Super Smash Bros Brawl, then I don't think many people would notice if the Wii had no online multi player. The PSN, last time I played on it, was utter crap; however, I'm told it has improved vastly over the past year.

Don't forget XBLA is much better than WiiWare and to a somewhat smaller degree, the PSN Store.

has anyone got "civilization revolution" i tryed the demo and my interest in it has leaped up. Would the game keep me busy for a while or is it a short game?

It's very fun, but does have the longevity of the PC games, although it will proably keep you entertained longer than your average 360 game. It's basically a simplified version of the PC games except with hella nice graphics.

Meteos Hitting Japan XBLA

Q Entertainment announced this week in Japan that Meteos, the action puzzle game they created for the Nintendo DS in 2005, is getting an Xbox Live Arcade port to complement the developer's previous Lumines Live. The new multiplayer port, called Meteos Wars, is scheduled to go up on the Japanese XBLA this October; no US release has been announced yet.

The original Meteos requires players to link matching blocks together in order to set them off like a rocket ship, shooting great piles of blocks to the top of the screen and keeping the playfield on the bottom as uncluttered as possible. This Live Arcade port is the first time the game's offered multiplayer battles, with two players fighting it out against each other at once. Each player has a gauge that fills up whenever they set off blocks or withstand an attack; filling this gauge unlocks a special attack that obstructs or annoys the player in some way, messing around with his blocks or ability to control his pointer.

The 360 version includes a few other extras, including characters you can decorate by completing certain achievements, but the basic game's unchanged -- stack, match, and set off.

A bit late to the discussion but anyway...

Before e3 I might have agreed with you, but if the whole party systems they announced works as well as the other aspects of Live, then it really would be worth 40 quid per year.

Well as far as I can see it's been £30-40 for connecting to people online only for a good while, and probably for a while more. The Wii online system kind of sucks (codes and whatnot), but MK Wii online is brilliant fun and I enjoy it more than any 360 game online so far.

I might be getting gold for Fable II, will anyone add me who's planning on getting this so we can raid..err...visit each other?

Lego star wars in annoying the hell out of me. Get 3/4 of the way through the epidsode and I fall in some mud and die. Negating my chance to get the complete the episode without dying achievement. Bugger. Anyone looking to go through both lego games?

Just buy one of the Ghost Jedi and the achievments become easy. The hardest achievements to get on the first lego Star Wars game are the levels where you cant die but you are in a vehicle.

Meteos Hitting Japan XBLA

Q Entertainment announced this week in Japan that Meteos, the action puzzle game they created for the Nintendo DS in 2005, is getting an Xbox Live Arcade port to complement the developer's previous Lumines Live. The new multiplayer port, called Meteos Wars, is scheduled to go up on the Japanese XBLA this October; no US release has been announced yet.

The original Meteos requires players to link matching blocks together in order to set them off like a rocket ship, shooting great piles of blocks to the top of the screen and keeping the playfield on the bottom as uncluttered as possible. This Live Arcade port is the first time the game's offered multiplayer battles, with two players fighting it out against each other at once. Each player has a gauge that fills up whenever they set off blocks or withstand an attack; filling this gauge unlocks a special attack that obstructs or annoys the player in some way, messing around with his blocks or ability to control his pointer.

The 360 version includes a few other extras, including characters you can decorate by completing certain achievements, but the basic game's unchanged -- stack, match, and set off.

Tihis fucking better come to US/EU XBLA. I ADORE the original a hell of a lot. A fucking huuuuge amount.

Give me... Give me....

Just buy one of the Ghost Jedi and the achievments become easy. The hardest achievements to get on the first lego Star Wars game are the levels where you cant die but you are in a vehicle.

I looked for those, because I know you cant die with those. But I cant find them to buy, and Ive heard you get them after completing the game.

Only in bulk becuase they charge £3.00 for delivery. And Ive tried that code and it doesnt work.

It worked fine for me, and plenty of people over on HUKD. There's also a free delivery code.

Tihis fucking better come to US/EU XBLA. I ADORE the original a hell of a lot. A fucking huuuuge amount.

Give me... Give me....

Same here, i loved Meteos! I even imported it from the US because it looked so good!

It worked fine for me, and plenty of people over on HUKD. There's also a free delivery code.

Same here, i loved Meteos! I even imported it from the US because it looked so good!

Can you give me all the codes to get it for £11odd?

Which is best out of plug n play kits and quick charge kits? And where can you get them cheap? I got a rechargable pack as part of a good deal but I don't have either charger (just been using rech batteries up until now)

Give me... Give me....

I suppose you could just download the japanese one if you made a Japanese acct? I did it to get the ToV demo... not sure if it would work for XBLA games. Mind you, it would be in Japanese.... I'm sure it would come out here, anyway :) Lumines did, and it was a popular DS title.

Play and charge is better in some cases, but it takes a good while to actually charge the battery.

Quick charge takes 30 minutes for an entire battery, but the reading (ie: the LED that tells you if the battery is charged) can be wrong sometimes.

Having owned both, i'd say go for the Quick Charge kit, but have 3 batteries so that you can keep changing them around if needs be.

News: According to Shortly Lumines came out on the DS. Shocking! :o! ;)

I use a play and charge. Being wired in doesn't bother me as I'm never that far away from the machine anyway if I'm playing. It's a little ugly though.

Play and charge is better in some cases, but it takes a good while to actually charge the battery.

Quick charge takes 30 minutes for an entire battery, but the reading (ie: the LED that tells you if the battery is charged) can be wrong sometimes.

Having owned both, i'd say go for the Quick Charge kit, but have 3 batteries so that you can keep changing them around if needs be.

News: According to Shortly Lumines came out on the DS. Shocking! :o! ;)

That Shortly, what will he come up with next.

Might put a quick charge kit on my chrimbo list :heh:

Give me... Give me....

US are getting it in October as well, priced at 800.

Arrrrgghhhh. Fuck Stage 6 of Braid and that 'backwards mofo of a jump while it's moving backwards ladder.'

It's the only puzzle piece I need, and I really want to finish this game so I can drop the points on Castle Crashers and move on.

I've loved parts of Braid, but a good third of this game is more frustrating than fun...........hmmmmm.

Arrrrgghhhh. Fuck Stage 6 of Braid and that 'backwards mofo of a jump while it's moving backwards ladder.'

It's the only puzzle piece I need, and I really want to finish this game so I can drop the points on Castle Crashers and move on.

I've loved parts of Braid, but a good third of this game is more frustrating than fun...........hmmmmm.

The final level of it is worth it alone :)

If you're getting frustrated use a walkthrough (there's tonnes on youtube) because if the difficulty is ruining your fun it might be worth it.

The final level of it is worth it alone :)

If you're getting frustrated use a walkthrough (there's tonnes on youtube) because if the difficulty is ruining your fun it might be worth it.

I will finish it.............don't think I'll let myself get this far with the game to then give up. I've been using those vids on youtube as a guide, but even then I'm struggling with this one.

Maybe I'll look for someone else's videos, and they may have a different or clearer way of doing it.

Is that the one where you have to drop the ladder, then rewind?

You drop it, go onto the platform that lets you rewind without moving yourself, and put the slowdown thing next to the ladder so it falls slowly.

Is that the one where you have to drop the ladder, then rewind?

You drop it, go onto the platform that lets you rewind without moving yourself, and put the slowdown thing next to the ladder so it falls slowly.

That is indeed the one............and you just made it sound so simple with what you said there. The youtube video I watched didn't use the 'slowdown thing' for when the ladder dropped, just the rewind time.

I've not attempted it since posting here, so I'll go back to it now and give it ago.

Gizmo - No Fable Pub House Games code yet at all?

Edit - Done it, was more simple than I though......I'm weaksauce!

XBLA discussion in relevant thread in the future please guys.

But srsly, Braid is quite short, why on Earth would you use a youtube video to do it? Then you basically didn't play the game. The whole point of the game is to figure it out... take that away and... :/

But srsly, Braid is quite short, why on Earth would you use a youtube video to do it? Then you basically didn't play the game. The whole point of the game is to figure it out... take that away and... :/

I agree with what you're saying, and I so wanted to play the game through without having to resort to a guide.

Difference is that my experience of the game towards the latter stages became more of frustration than fun..........and where so many other things in my life deserve time I don't think I want to waste it being pissed off over a game. I'd rather just finish those last jigsaw pieces with a guide and take in the ending.

I can imagine I wasn't the only person around here to fall back on a guide for a few puzzle pieces.

Nope, still no code :(

Lol I just pre ordered the ltd ed on Play then bought the code for a couple of quid off eBay... the Pub games are ok, not that great tbh, some of them are original yes but not a great deal of long term appeal and as for making cash to spend on Fable 2, heh yeah right... I ended up in debt. :/

Anyone here played Eternal Sonata? I'm pleasantly surprised, as I didn't think it would be that good. I liked the demo so bought it new for a tenner. The battle system is quite like ToS, expected really since it's a Namco game.

I've played it and I still need to finish the second run through.

I loved the game, especially the fighting system. I'm glad somoone else likes the game. It doesn't seem to be all that popular.

Eternal sonata has its flaws, bad writing, slow cutscenes, but I like it. I never actually got round to finishing it now that I think about it, I got to the ice level, I guess I'll do it soon.