NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Can anyone tell me what the hell has happened to Halo 3 online? I decided to have a go on it and all the modes have changed. There's now Big Team playing unless you have the heroic and legendary DLC (I have the Heroic but can't be bothered downloading the legendary). But why? They've just ruined it. I loved going on and joining Big Team matches for either slayer or whatever with the vehicle levels but now it's all changed and I can't do it. Any why after I finish a match and return to lobby does it keep coming up with the diamond shape thing and sayign recruit?

edit: ^ mine took just shy of 2 weeks

Can anyone tell me what the hell has happened to Halo 3 online? I decided to have a go on it and all the modes have changed. There's now Big Team playing unless you have the heroic and legendary DLC (I have the Heroic but can't be bothered downloading the legendary). But why? They've just ruined it. I loved going on and joining Big Team matches for either slayer or whatever with the vehicle levels but now it's all changed and I can't do it. Any why after I finish a match and return to lobby does it keep coming up with the diamond shape thing and sayign recruit?

edit: ^ mine took just shy of 2 weeks

They revamped the ranking so you get a per playlist medal based on exp, then revamped all the playlists.

BTB has been replaced by Squad Battle. It's much better.

my 360 has just been picked up by ups :)

to the peeps that have recently had RROD how long did it take from pickup date to getting it back for you?

11 days, and I got a brand new console. :smile:

Thanks Dan. I'll have a look at it in a min or two. I loved playing the big team matches. Just wished they had kept those as it was awesome. But I'll have to move on and try the new stuff.

edit: Ok, not really liking the changes to Halo 3's online. Seems to take longer to get hold of players, even though there are less. And that's another gripe.... the Squad Battle only allows for 12 players, which would seem adequate, but when you think that they had 16 players on Big Team matches prior to the revamp, it seems kidna sucky especially on Sandtrap.

Having a huge dilemma. I was all set to go and buy Mirror's Edge on Friday but now with all the talk of GoW2 and after having played CoD: W@W, I don't know which to get. I want something to play online and Halo 3 is getting a bit stale. Argh........ Damn you publishers! Too many games out in the last few weeks. *shakes fist* it shouldn't be this hard to decide.

Hey quick question, I just started playing Oblivion for the 360(bought it at launch haha), 47 hours in and I haven't even started the main story yet, level 18 or soemthing like that.

Anyway awesome game but just a little problem, I want to increase my conjuration, illusion and mysticism minor skills which are currently at level 10, 10 and 15. I just don't know how to do it. So anyone got any tips? cheers

edit: Ok, not really liking the changes to Halo 3's online. Seems to take longer to get hold of players, even though there are less. And that's another gripe.... the Squad Battle only allows for 12 players, which would seem adequate, but when you think that they had 16 players on Big Team matches prior to the revamp, it seems kidna sucky especially on Sandtrap.

It's because there are less, dude. Less players = less choice for the system, and longer waits for suitable hosting.

and for me 6v6 is waaaaay better than 8v8. All I ever saw in BTB was laggy shitfests with no coordination, stupid players and tedious slogs of objective games going nowhere.

of course you don't have to agree with me. The versatile nature of Halo MP caters for a whole spectrum of tastes.

Just to say that no worries, I just found a way to level up. Had to visit the discount spell store in the Imperial City :P

I've not used my 360 in months, but I bought GoW2 the other day, which is a great game btw. What's really pissing me off though is that, after being in my drawer for 6 months or so, neither of my 360 wireless controllers now work, unless they're plugged in with the play and charge kit! I press the guide button, but absolutely nothing happens. They're both fully charged (or should be by now) and, like I say, have hardly died from overuse. They've just seemed to have died while sitting in my drawer!

Gah! The infamous 360 build 'quality' strikes again....

Have you used the controllers on any other 360 recently? Have you tried resyncing them?

Anyone know if I can plug a USB headphone and Mic and use it in chat on Xbox live?

Because my third headset is crapping out and in my experience I find them a bit bad in the quality department.

Have you used the controllers on any other 360 recently? Have you tried resyncing them?

My controllers have been in my drawer for ages, except for a couple of very brief plays. And I can't even switch the controllers on to resync! Nothing lights up when I press the guide button. Grr.

Dodgy batteries maybe? unlikely but possible, try non rechargables in them.

Yeah sounds like the batteries are dead, can happen sometimes when you don't use them for a long time. It would work plugged in because then it's powered by the 360.

True... I'll give them a go with normal batteries when I get home and report back. :)

Yep, that seems to be the case, the controllers work fine with standard batteries in.

Still a bit peed that my rechargable ones have just dicked out on me though. Is there anyway of reviving them? :heh:

Already posted in the Mirror's Edge thread but if anyone wants a copy i'll be looking to let mine go on Monday. Yours for a copy of CoD5, Banjo: N&B, Fallout 3 (all on 360/PC) or £30 (offers considered)

True... I'll give them a go with normal batteries when I get home and report back. :)

Yep, that seems to be the case, the controllers work fine with standard batteries in.

Still a bit peed that my rechargable ones have just dicked out on me though. Is there anyway of reviving them? :heh:

Recharge them with the Play and Charge kit but don't try and disconnect the controller before it's finished charging, maybe it needs a full charge after not being used for so long, not sure.

Yeh basically just charge the batteries for a considerable period of time, perhaps overnight and that should revive them.

It happened to me before, and eventually after just charging while using it and charging over night etc. it regained it's charge.