NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Ring them, say it RROD. On the website they only take into account your current warrenty RROD warrenty is 3 years.

Ah, I thought you could register RROD consoles as well...damn I hate customer support...:heh:

You get the same shell and they replace the faulty components. Anyone thinking they're going to get a brand new XBOX is a complete idiot.

I actually got a brand new Xbox, they sent me a letter with it saying so, but it wasn't clear why. It appears they couldn't fix it.

If my Xbox got the RROD I certainly wouldn't want the same one back. :p

You would, because if you get a different one you can lose the licences for all your Xbox live downloaded content as far as I'm aware

Just wondering; how long did it take you guys to get a repaired 360, from the date the courier picked it up?

From pick-up it takes about 1.5 - 2 weeks generally...

You would, because if you get a different one you can lose the licences for all your Xbox live downloaded content as far as I'm aware

Arnt they stored to your gamercard on MS's servers? When i got me elite, all my dlc was re-downloaded with ease

From pick-up it takes about 1.5 - 2 weeks generally...

Hmm, will be eagerly awaiting the return then - with Fable 2 and Gears in hand.

Extended Play Download Days (price drop on DLC)

For a limited time only (well, until the end of October) the Marketplace is running an ‘Extended Play Download Days’ promotion which is offering some pretty good savings on some of the more popular DLC.

Here is a list of all the content, the new pricing and the savings:

Title	Content	Original Price	Promo Price	Savings
Mass Effect	Bring Down The Sky	400	300	100 (25%)
Lost Odyssey	Triple Bonus Pack	200	120	80 (40%)
Forza Motorsport 2	Motegi Track Pack	400	240	160 (40%)
Forza Motorsport 2	The September Car Pack	400	240	160 (40%)
Forza Motorsport 2	December Car Pack	400	240	160 (40%)
Forza Motorsport 2	FINAL March Car Pack	400	240	160 (40%)
Oblivion	The Elder Scrolls IV- Oblivion Shivering Isles	2400	1600	800 (33%)
Guitar Hero 3	Def Leppard Track Pack	500	360	140 (28%)
Guitar Hero 3	Foo Fighters Track Pack	500	360	140 (28%)
Guitar Hero 3	Classic Rock Track Pack	500	360	140 (28%)
Beautiful Katamari	Accessory Set A	200	120	80 (40%)
Beautiful Katamari	Accessory Set B	200	120	80 (40%)
Beautiful Katamari	Accessory Set C	200	120	80 (40%)
Beautiful Katamari	Accessory Set D	200	120	80 (40%)
Beautiful Katamari	Special Accessory	250	120	130 (60%)
Beautiful Katamari	Just-size Stage	300	210	90 (30%)
Beautiful Katamari	Big-10 Stage	200	140	30 (60%)
Beautiful Katamari	Big-11 Stage	200	140	30 (60%)

Those prices were reduced around a month ago. I wish the ME DLC was 200 points.

Arnt they stored to your gamercard on MS's servers? When i got me elite, all my dlc was re-downloaded with ease

I've never had the problem because I've always had the same 360, but if you search the internet, it's easy to find people moaning about licences not transferring, maybe it's different now

This year or the next one?

Because considering the time the first game took to come here I would hardly find to be surprising

just had a go on devilmaycry4 currently on mission 3....not impressed prob end up sending it back to lovefilm tomorrow :(

sooooooooooo close to fallout 3!!!

Beatles License Songs to Viacom Videogame Unit

The Beatles have licensed songs to MTV Networks' Rock Band videogame series, according to several people familiar with the matter, a coup for the Viacom Inc. unit in its battle with rival Activision Inc. for supremacy in the world of rock and roll video games.

The deal, which is set to be announced Thursday by Viacom's MTV and the band's own Apple Corps Ltd., makes the Beatles the next and biggest major band to license its songs to a music-oriented videogame, joining Aerosmith, Metallica, AC/DC and others.

Rock Band and Activision's Guitar Hero have engaged in heated competition over exclusive rights to use music by major acts.

The games Rock Band and Guitar Hero let players use miniature plastic game controllers, shaped like musical instruments, to play along with recorded rock and pop songs to test the players' level of skill. The game publishers have entered a handful of multimillion-dollar licensing agreements with some of the biggest names in the business.

The Beatles represent by far the biggest prize to date in the category. Not only do they have the best-selling album catalog any band, they have not yet licensed their music for sale by download services such as Apple Inc.'s iTunes Store.

Key details could not be learned, such as whether Rock Band is creating a special Beatles-only title, as Guitar Hero has done with Aerosmith and others; which songs or how many of them are to be included; or a release date or price. Rock Band is a product of Harmonix, a division of MTV.

Spokesmen for Apple Corps and EMI Group Ltd., the Beatles' record label, could not be reached immediately. A spokeswoman for MTV declined to comme

SUPER STREET FIGHTER II TURBO: HD REMIX COMING IN NOVEMBER

So, looks like I am pretty much right on the money with my prediction of the release date. According to this blog post on CAPCOM's official blog, Kramez says the game is coming in November. I am still banking on it coming out during Thanksgiving due to people being home for the holidays with plenty of free time to play 2 player games with family and friends.

Awesome news : peace: but is that supposed to be just for the game or the instruments as well? because so far Play have only just listed the actual standalone game up there, hopefulyl instruments to follow though...

oh and also take a look at the Peripheral range, Madcatz have gone all out it seems... :blank:

http://www.play.com/Search.aspx?searchtype=X360&searchstring=rock+band&page=search&pa=search&go.x=0&go.y=0

Though I must admit some of them do look rather good and I have the mic stand which is awesome. ^^

instruments in December apparently

Really? fail...:( I would rather have the game and instruments at the same time, but then again... it is only the drums that are significantly different and it detects whichever kits your using... so still yay for Rock Band early releaseness. :)

but omfg... Gears of War 2, Sonic Unleashed, GH:WT , Rock Band 2, Lips, Banjo Kazooie Xbla / N&B, Left 4 Dead, Tomb Raider : Underworld, Mirrors Edge plus more in the SAME MONTH... can November get any more awesome? :heh:

On the most recent Inside Xbox is a page about the readers most wanted... it has 6 games all from November that just really show how crazy next month is gonna be v_v I want them all, except CoD.

Well...my games for this year (if I can afford them all) will be Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, Banjo-Kazooie XBLA, Tomb Raider: Underworld, Mirror's Edge and Sonic Unleashed.

Right, so the courier pick up my X360 today, and said it should be reapaired and returned in "about 3 weeks". 3 weeks! :( .

silver accounts have to wait about a week for demos. If I use a 48 hour code, does anyone know if I can get demos on trial gold? I really want the Mirror's Edge and TR:U trailers.