NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

isnt that just for the game?

I dont own any of the old ones, so i need a guitar n all

edit: just notice u added more, will pop down tmw

I've downloaded that photo party, but where the hell is it now?! I know its in the quick launch as a latest download but where will it be normally?

Quick Question: I bought 1 month of live from the marketplace a while back, and for some reason, it seems to have carried on as a subscription....how do you cancel this?

It's gonna automatically renew forever now. Only way to stop it is call up and cancel. Ridiculous, really.

It's gonna automatically renew forever now. Only way to stop it is call up and cancel. Ridiculous, really.

I had to do that before going to Uni. It's really annoying.

The phone call itself was painless, though.

Do you really have to call? I thought you could just change your package to silver in the acct management screen.

Realistically if you wanted it to automatically renew you'd be pretty annoyed if you had to repurchase it regularly.

Cancel your card and get a new one :D

That's what happened to me when I lost my wallet once, I got a new card and they couldn't update the annual payment!

Cancel your card and get a new one :D

Wouldn't it be simpler to alter your card details so they're completely wrong?

Then they charge you anyway, and when the payment doesn't come through, ban your account.

Well you are paying for a subscription to live. Probably why the 12 month subscription is the better one to get.

MS sent me a brand new 360. I guess the one I sent away was well and truly fucked.

MS sent me a brand new 360. I guess the one I sent away was well and truly fucked.

Weird, they did that to me as well, but I got mine a week before yours, and sent it off after?!

different number on the serial thing prob

mine was the same one but with different motherboard according to the sheet that came with the box on monday.

Weird, they did that to me as well, but I got mine a week before yours, and sent it off after?!

It is a proven statistic that 50% of postal workers can't remember where the Shetlands are.

just got maximum amount of achivement points on a game for the first time

on UNO yey 200/200 :D good relaxing game been playing it alot this week.

just got maximum amount of achivement points on a game for the first time

on UNO yey 200/200 :D good relaxing game been playing it alot this week.

if anyone's interested you can get UNO and Robotron together for £2.99 here http://www.365games.co.uk/index.php?productID=3043 (they mail you cards with codes on that unlock the full game)
Ninja Blade Videos

Trailer

Five Gameplay Videos

Actually looking better than I expected it, but it looks about as much to do with ninjas as Naruto. In other words, not at all. Where's the sneaking in the shadows? The assassinations, poison darts and ninja stars? This just looks like Devil May Cry but with skinnier swords and strange blurry wallcrawling.

I'd like a new Tenchu game that doesn't suck.

How do you know it's brand new?

The manufacture date says October 2008.

The manufacture date says October 2008.

miss out on the Japser?

Edit: Japser's manufacture date are September/October 2008

Xbox-Scene reports that some readers now have Xbox 360 games consoles with long-awaited Jasper motherboards. These should run cooler and should mean the end of the Red Ring of Death, which featured on a recent Guardian Technology cover.

The Jasper board has the new 65-nanometer version of the ATI graphics chip, which ran hotter than Xbox motherboards could sustain, over the long term. This should run cooler and it also costs less to produce.

It's not easy to tell which machines have the new board. However, they have 150W power supplies with a different plug, whereas Falcon boards have 175W power supplies. Maybe someone will figure out the numbering scheme so it will be possible to tell from the box.

Jasper boards also have 256 megabytes of Flash memory to store the new avatar-based (Wii-style) user interface, with space to spare. Earlier models had only 16MB of Flash.

At VentureBeat, Dean Takahashi (who has written two Xbox books, and wrote our cover story) adds:

What exactly was wrong with the older 90-nanometer graphics chips and the boards that came with them? I've gotten some new information about that. The main failure cause was "thermal fatigue" of the leaded C4 connections between the graphics chip die and its organic carrier. The underfill had too low a glass-transition temperature for the amount of heat generated. That caused cracking over time, resulting in graphics chips coming loose.

In previous versions, Microsoft addressed this with better heat sinks. The temperature sense diode was off in a corner and didn't reflect the true temperature in the core regions. Jasper has shifted to a material with a significantly higher transition temperature. Coming up with this fix took time, since the new material had to be identified and tested. The smaller 65nm chip die also helps since the stresses that cause the thermal fatigue are related to size.

www.guardian.co.uk

The Xbox 360 revisions

• Xenon
  • Zephyr
  • Falcon
  • Opus
  • Jasper
  • Valhalla

Doubtful, she doesn't have the 256mb onboard memory and her old 175W PSU works fine with it.

Doubtful, she doesn't have the 256mb onboard memory and her old 175W PSU works fine with it.

Righto.

hugs my elite falcon.

Oh Dante if you still have the Fable dolls can you pass them on to DTK Epic please.

I still have them Caris and I will passed them on to DTK Epic.

Who's DTK Epic anyway?