NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Meh, everyone'll be on his side. I say he probably cheated.

I did it for Mass Effect :D was really fun all the way. It's great having the option to get 1000 points without needing to rely on anyone else or play online. Pretty close with Mirror's Edge and Fable 2 now too...

He probably has cheated.

Why are gamerscore numbers important anyway?

Well at the risk of starting another "achievements are not important/yes they are" debate, I just think of them as a big united high score*, just like you used to get on arcade machines :)

*e-penis

i just see it as a number and the fact that that kid was collecting them for 3 years and to have them vanish is hilarious

I did it for Mass Effect :D was really fun all the way. It's great having the option to get 1000 points without needing to rely on anyone else or play online. Pretty close with Mirror's Edge and Fable 2 now too...

Yea, if you enjoy the game enough then getting all of them is great fun. Although I much prefer single-player ones. A few simple online ones is OK.

So far I've 1000'd Burnout Paradise, BioShock (OK, so there's 100 more to get the 1100), Call of Duty 4 and Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts. I don't think I'll be doing all of them on any of my other games - some of them just don't sound like much fun.

re: achievements: If they act as a guide and a reward for interesting play, bring em on. If they amount to a stat grind they can kindly fuck off.

also, zero respect for someone who exploits the game repeatedly to get an achievement. If anyone already has 'Seriously 2.0' then I just pity the fool.

re: achievements: If they act as a guide and a reward for interesting play, bring em on. If they amount to a stat grind they can kindly fuck off.

also, zero respect for someone who exploits the game repeatedly to get an achievement. If anyonealready has 'Seriously 2.0' then I just pity the fool .

Now i know that is an achievment i can never see myself getting! lol

It's 100,000 (yeah you read that right) kills on Gears 2 in any mode. Savage.

Seriously?

yeah. It's a bit mental. Accumulative obviously.

It's inevitable you'd get it as a serious player (I'm on about 3.5k in about a week of campaign and horde). bit of silliness from Epic.

see also: Left 4 Dead has one for killing 53,534 zombies or something which is one higher than the one in Dead Rising.

MS.. Judge Jury and executioner.. I like that they only asumed he cheated.. well thats good enough for me.. the american way

Suppose the easyest way to get 'seriously 2.0' it just keep replaying single player levels where there is loads of locust, like the one just before the last boss kinda thing. (a few hours worth of replays me thinks, lol)

Which i simply can not be arsed doing!

I view it as an achievement that you would just get if you played through the single player a few times and played the multiplayer regularly each night for a few months or something, then suddenly one day "Doink! Achievement Unlocked" so it's one to get as part of playing the game normally rather than spamming parts of it repeatedly just to increase your kill count.

Suppose the easyest way to get 'seriously 2.0' it just keep replaying single player levels where there is loads of locust, like the one just before the last boss kinda thing. (a few hours worth of replays me thinks, lol)

Which i simply can not be arsed doing!

It takes about 10-12 hours of reloading the 1st checkpoint of the last level/last chapter over and over again. You get about 80-100 kills firing the rockets at the Locust with the Brumak and then reload and rinse and repeat.

As for the kills in L4D there is no way I will be getting that one. I have spent loads of time on it lately and ive only managed about 6000. The one on Dead Rising was easy to get, you just have to go into the parking lot with a van and constantly run them all over, takes about an hour.

Yeh that achievement for kills in GoW2 is insane. After finishing it on normal I think I ended up with just over 1200 kills. Really don't see why people would bother sitting down to play the single player 20+ times to get the 100,000 kills for the achievement. I certainly won't be doing it.

I don't think it's supposed to be about trying to get it per se- just that it's a reward for long term players and a bit of a joke from Epic and their 'bigger, better and more badass' line.

Rockband 2 Or Guitar hero World Tour,

Which should i buy? And anyone know where either are cheaper than the norm :)

World Tour + Guitar for £50 at Argos. Other than that the deals aren't too great, expect to pay at least £35.

I have World Tour and think it's pretty good to be honest. The Guitar is the best they've made (once you disable the touch pad) and the song selection is quite fun (if a bit easy until the last gig).

Once again, MS assume people with high gamerscores are cheaters. Why don't they try something different, like question as to why the score is high. This chap won't win this, so no point in him carrying on with his case.

Why don't they try something different, like question as to why the score is high.

Ermm....they did.

Quick Question: I bought 1 month of live from the marketplace a while back, and for some reason, it seems to have carried on as a subscription....how do you cancel this?

is that deal in-store? checked online and its £70 :/

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5666690/Trail/searchtext%3EGUITAR+HERO+4.htm?storeId=10001&referredURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.argos.co.uk%2Fstatic%2FProduct%2FpartNumber%2F5666690%2FTrail%2Fsearchtext%253EGUITAR%2BHERO%2B4.htm&jspStoreDir=argos&referrer=COJUN&cmpid=COJUN

My local Argos still had a poster in the window advertising it too. I got mine last Thursday.

If that doesn't work try Tesco in store, i heard they had the same deal on.