NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

@ Hero-of-Time - Yeh I'm surprised how quick Microsoft are sending back my 360. They got it on Tuesday evening and by Friday it was out for re-delivery. Although I don't honestly know whether mine has been fixed or not as there was a double problem on mine (on first switch on, I'd get a single red light but on all subsequent switch ons I'd get RRoD. I'd also get RRoD if I put a game in the drive). I'm not overly optimistic that it's been fixed. If it has, it says something on the support website about having to go into download history and redownload every piece of DLC that is on the hard drive so it can be used off with Xbox Live. I hope I don't have to do that as I literally have loads of DLC, mostly from RB and GH.

I'll know by tomorrow evening (hopefully, as long as UPS actually can be bothered to deliver it) if my 360 has been repaired or not.

Ok, so I get two red rings everytime I turn on the machine. My 1 year warranty is up; is there anyway I can force the RROD upon my console - or will they not check anyway? (I really don't have the money for repair...).

Ok, so I get two red rings everytime I turn on the machine. My 1 year warranty is up; is there anyway I can force the RROD upon my console - or will they not check anyway? (I really don't have the money for repair...).

Just tell them that your console shows red lights on the ring when you turn it on.

This is crazy, everybodys consoles are dropping like flies and with Gears 2 around the corner aswell!

I know, while I'm not too bothered about Gears I do want Fable II and Pro Evo 2009.

Quick Question : What do I need to send to get my 360 repaired (ie do i need to include HDD etc.)? and If it ok just to had it to the UPS guy in the original box?

^ ok. I did mine a week or two ago. This is what you do. Take everything that is connected to the console off (hard drive, MU, etc.). Once that is done, find a random box to put just the console in as the console isn't sent back to you in the same box so you'll lose the original xbox 360 box if you send it in that. Apart from that, everything else should be explained in the emails you receive after requesting a repair.

I seem to remember a mass 360 cull around this time last year when the words Fable / Fallout / Gears where replaced with the words Mass Effect / CoD4 / Orange Box.

Just tell them that your console shows red lights on the ring when you turn it on.

Well if I say that it shows 3 RR, will they check at all?

I seem to remember a mass 360 cull around this time last year when the words Fable / Fallout / Gears where replaced with the words Mass Effect / CoD4 / Orange Box.

Never before have so many awesome games been mentioned in one sentence!

Okay, so i rang XBOX Support (and got onto some really incomprehensible guy called Claude) and i said i RROD and then they said call back tomorrow?! And i can't register the console online? What?

Also, stupid question, but where do I find the serial number for my X360?

Never before have so many awesome games been mentioned in one sentence!

I almost added in Bioshock but that was August iirc so not really around the right timeframe.

So my 360 is supposed to be delivered back to me tomorrow at some point. Well, from looking at the data from the tracking info, it's still sitting in Frankfurt and it says the last update was at 3:58pm ET. ET means Eastern Time right? Argh........ I just want the bloody thing back now. It's been a hassle the whole time it's been out for repair.

I told them mine RROD'd when it was just the DVD drive that was fucked, still got it repaired for free, even though it was over a year old. I don't think they bother checking.

nice. I'll send you a FR today.

Just added you...I think. :heh:

Sorry it took me so long. Better late than never! :D

Which is it though? It doesn't say "serial number" anywhere - loads of Kanji.

On the back of mine there are 3 lines of stuff above the bar code. The Serial Number is the middle one. But mines old so it might be different.

Lmao, Ive been on the phone to xbox support for 10 mins, and so far its been:

*cheesy music*

'please hold the line, thanks for waiting'

*cheesy music*

*cheesy music*

*cheesy music*

*cheesy music*

*cheesy music*

Time to RAGE!

My 360 RRoD'd once and they dealt with it quickly. I have since strapped fans to the side of my xbox in a haphazard fashion in an attempt to ensure it does not happen again. I also got the exact same Xbox back, which I'm glad about

*cheesy music*

*cheesy music*

*cheesy music*

Ahhh the fun of XBOX customer support.

I also got the exact same Xbox back, which I'm glad about

If my Xbox got the RROD I certainly wouldn't want the same one back. :p

You get the same shell and they replace the faulty components. Anyone thinking they're going to get a brand new XBOX is a complete idiot.

Ring them, say it RROD. On the website they only take into account your current warrenty RROD warrenty is 3 years.