NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

My 360's coming home! Woo!!!

Now, to put some money in my account and buy a new live year, CoD4, and Assassin's Creed!

Oh man I almost cried, just turned on my Xbox and saw a flash of red. Luckily it was 4 red lights and because the AV cable wasn't plugged in. Deep breaths. Deep breaths.

Oh man I almost cried, just turned on my Xbox and saw a flash of red. Luckily it was 4 red lights and because the AV cable wasn't plugged in. Deep breaths. Deep breaths.

Something similar happened to me couple of days ago - walked in to find three red lights blinking away. Mercifully the ethernet cable had merely become unplugged while downloading a demo. Phew.

Oh my gawd. Timmy and the Lords of the Underworld in Rock Band.

Whoever had that idea is a mother fucking genius.

Oh my gawd. Timmy and the Lords of the Underworld in Rock Band.

Whoever had that idea is a mother fucking genius.

Haha, awh man that's brilliant.

Wish I had seen that

Not a bad deal if I do say so myself, I do wonder if Tesco will go Honour the deal or not though, props to anyone who gets a 360 for that price.

Damn that would've been nice. From the sounds of things, if the product was shipped out before they noticed, you'd have been in for a mighty tasty profit there.

I hope someone has a union rep for that error :/

Any Help ?

On COD4 when the nuke takes down your helicoper and you can move around, is there any way to survive or do you just die all the time ?

Thanks

I am getting one of the following on Launch and the other on Christmas Day. Which on which day I do not yet know.

Assassin's Creed or Mass Effect. While Mass Effect looks far better that Assassin's Creed, even with ACs obvious quality, I feel that ME will be better enjoyed over Christmas when I have the time to savour it and that AC would be more accessible in short bursts when I have the time.

Which one when m8s?

Any Help ?

On COD4 when the nuke takes down your helicoper and you can move around, is there any way to survive or do you just die all the time ?

Thanks

Watch the spoilers, mate!

I'd already guessed that from trailers, but if others haven't, then you've fucked it for them. :mad:

EDIT: No point telling someone to watch the spoilers if you've quoted them :p Edited them out for you - McPhee

I think so, had trouble with Halo 3 earlier. Got bored in the end an did the whole CoD4 single player in one sitting!

Watch the spoilers, mate!

I'd already guessed that from trailers, but if others haven't, then you've fucked it for them. :mad:

Aye forgot about that :S I will fix it

Do XBOX360 have falcon models now?

http://forums.xbox.com/15804553/ShowPost.aspx

How to find a Falcon model 360 in stores

Based on the info in this thread, A Falcon model Xbox 360 MUST BE:

1. Lot #0734 (Halo 3) or later (all SKUs)

2. Manufactured on or after 8/24/07(An HDMI Premium manufactured on 8/19 has been reported as 65nm.)

3. Team FDOU (Other teams may be Falcon as well, but none have been reported)

Please note that getting a Falcon console is not guaranteed even if everything matches the above information. Only some new consoles are Falcon, and no Falcon refurb consoles have been reported.

How to find Lot and Team info:

There is a white sticker on the side of the box with the lot # and team. In order to find the manufacturing date without opening the box, there is a flap on the side of the box that allows you to peek inside and see the manufacturing date on the console itself.

Other info/Sightings:

(10/5/2007) No Elite SKUs have been reported with the Falcon.

http://forums.xbox.com/15804553/ShowPost.aspx

How to find a Falcon model 360 in stores

Based on the info in this thread, A Falcon model Xbox 360 MUST BE:

1. Lot #0734 (Halo 3) or later (all SKUs)

2. Manufactured on or after 8/24/07(An HDMI Premium manufactured on 8/19 has been reported as 65nm.)

3. Team FDOU (Other teams may be Falcon as well, but none have been reported)

Please note that getting a Falcon console is not guaranteed even if everything matches the above information. Only some new consoles are Falcon, and no Falcon refurb consoles have been reported.

How to find Lot and Team info:

There is a white sticker on the side of the box with the lot # and team. In order to find the manufacturing date without opening the box, there is a flap on the side of the box that allows you to peek inside and see the manufacturing date on the console itself.

Other info/Sightings:

(10/5/2007) No Elite SKUs have been reported with the Falcon.

Thank you Caris.

I think so, had trouble with Halo 3 earlier. Got bored in the end an did the whole CoD4 single player in one sitting!

It seems to be like it today too.

Just noticed on my GAME pre-order list that Assassins Creed is currently awaiting authorisation for packing, on the 12th. Hmmm, may get it earlier than i think if i am lucky.

Guilty Gear 2 Overture is now on japanese servers for download. not played yet so not sure how good it is.

The Xbox 360 update is December 4th and lets you download xbox games! The first batch has a couple of goods ones in it!

All details on http://www.oxm.co.uk!

Old news, right? :D

EDIT: Now the news has mysteriously dissapeared from the site. Perhaps it was bull?

Strange rumor. It must be impossible... I mean, XBOX games are huge and it would totally go against the whole "you don't need a HDD for the full experience" mantra MS are touting at the moment.

If those games have achievements, then holy hell these are going to sell.

I bet they'll get 500 points or something on each. Meaning theres another blade being made? I mean, unless it goes under Games... or something.

Burnout 3: Takedown is listed. Is that even back compat? God i'm confused now.

I mean, this would have been great if the games were like 900-1000 points but 1200 seems too much.

This article was put up on C&VG here, but was removed a couple of minutes after it was put up. Take it as you will

The Fall Xbox 360 dashboard update has been revealed to our colleagues at OXM from Microsoft and it's looking very good indeed with gaming classics and films on demand.

December 4 is the date you'll need to watch out for; that's the day you'll be able to download and play Halo. Yes, Halo as in the Xbox game, through Marketplace, on your Xbox 360.

Microsoft is introducing games it has published for the original Xbox on XBL Marketplace, with the eventual plan to bring as much of the back catalogue across as possible.

Games cost about 1200 Microsoft points (about ten quid), which according to us puts them a little over what you'd pay for them second hand.

The initial list of downloads includes Halo, Fable, Fahrenheit, Crimson Skies: High Road To Revenge, Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath Of Cortex and Burnout 3. All good then, apart from maybe Crash.

And if that wasn't enough, films on demand, though not confirmed for the December 4 date, aren't far away. Studios such as Warner Bros are potentially lined up for the service, so we can look forward to films such as The Dark Knight, The Assassination of Jesse James and I Am Legend appearing eventually.

Films will cost less than a fiver and come in 720p resolution. You have 14 days to start watching a film once it has downloaded. Once you started watching a film, you have 24 hours to finish it. After that, the film deletes itself from your hard drive. It's basically an online rental service then, like the US Video Marketplace.

What do these new additions mean for the future of Xbox Live Arcade? Does the PS3's PSOne download service now look horribly dated? It's going to be an exciting 2008 in the download space, for sure.