Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Playstation Discussion Archive

CooInTheZoo

But enough about the Wii...

Hasn't the Cell been in production for a bit though? That would vastly shorten the production time if they had them stockpiled right?

yeh but they're having a lot of problems with them. sony are banging on about how great they are, that even if one of ur ps3's cell processors were to break down the other six would be able to cope without any noticeable affect on the console. however, word has leaked to the printed press that sony could be releasing ps3's with one processor down already. in theory they are hoping no one will notice and the other six will make up for it, but what if just one more breaks down? they are trumpeting their success in that one can break without anything going wrong, but not teling anyone that you could buy a brand new console which is already at that stage.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, even though the Cell processor is already in production, only around 20% of them are fit to be used in a PS3.

but will they admit their failings? or that the cells IN the concoles could go down at any time? of course not!

and i know i posted this as the last line in the GDC thread but think it is suitable here too for anyone not in that one:

imagine the scene, sony HQ.... "no, we can't start manufacturing yet!! leave it until after wednesday until we can see what else we can steal from nintendo!!"

Looks cool, if i was a women i'd buy one :p

However, it's a cheap strategical move to try and muscle in on female gamers, they know Nintendo has benefited hugely from the pink DS and see's how the marketing approach Nintendo has is working in expanding the general gaming audience. What they dont realise is that a colour doesn't change the console, the PSP doesn't appeal to females as much as a DS in terms of games and playing it.

God, that PS3 looks fugly, especially in those latest photos shown in the link posted by leosalvia, they try to make it look like teh sex, but fail miserably... it looks like a ten dollar whore compared to the Wii, which looks like a supermodel.

Edit: Whats even worse about it is it's weight... I've read that it weighs 5 f***ing kilos! The Ps3 must be the heaviest console ever made... theres no doubt about it.

Whats next, Sony Bank accounts, Sony Cars, Sony Mortages. Next we will have a planet named Sony. They seriously want to take over the world and have their brand on everything. They make me sick. Fools

well, in my experience (and this is before i was ever a nintendo fan) anythng i ever bought that was made by sony always broke within the first few months. a video recorder, a walkman, a personal cd player, all three broke very quickly, so i've stayed away from them ever since. JVC, Panasonic and Goldstar (or Lucky Goldstar as they now call themselves) have never let me down. so sony could possible take over the world, just keep penetrating each new market by throwing out inferior versions of everything everyone else makes.

with that in mind, i heard the ps2 was tempermental when it first came out, is this true?

well, after all the crap "analysts" have been spewing out recently, i'll wait and see. yeh this could be good for nintendo, although i doubt even if it were coming out in the original numbers that they would dent the popularity of each other that much.

only thing is, as much as i "laugh in the face" of sony right now, they'll just spin this to make it look like their system is in such high demand that they can't keep stocks up, hoping more people will want one as a result. they should be politicians.

well, in my experience (and this is before i was ever a nintendo fan) anythng i ever bought that was made by sony always broke within the first few months. a video recorder, a walkman, a personal cd player, all three broke very quickly, so i've stayed away from them ever since. JVC, Panasonic and Goldstar (or Lucky Goldstar as they now call themselves) have never let me down. so sony could possible take over the world, just keep penetrating each new market by throwing out inferior versions of everything everyone else makes.

with that in mind, i heard the ps2 was tempermental when it first came out, is this true?

I believe it was....and thank God...zilla ;) someone else knows Sony products are generally pants. My Dad (who owns a PS2) and a mate were talking about it before, and one of my old teachers once mentioned something about them being rubbish too, haha :)

I think (i'm probably wrong though) that Sony is going to come back fighting at TGS.

I reckon they have realised alot of people are losing faith in them etc...and will do a knock-out conference and show-floor.

If they don't? Well they well and truly have blown it!

However i'm pretty sure Sony will make sure some of Nintendos hype is taken away come September 22nd!

Hurry up Nintendo! Everyone thinks the Wii has got it in the bag....but i wouldn't be surprised if Sony have some tricks up their sleeve!

Obviously alot of you will disagree, which is fine, but Sony really haven't been fighting as late and i reckon at TGS they will gain more hype.

Nintendo can't have this laid back attitude for much longer.....

When I first saw the pic I thought it was hideous, but Im starting to warm to it a little. Bubblegum pink will undoubtedly sell to any techno-girls out there (Im particularly envisaging a sell-out in Japan - people will have to have it because its cute).

I think (i'm probably wrong though) that Sony is going to come back fighting at TGS.

I reckon they have realised alot of people are losing faith in them etc...and will do a knock-out conference and show-floor.

If they don't? Well they well and truly have blown it!

However i'm pretty sure Sony wil make sure some of Nintendos hype is taken away come September 22nd!

Hurry up Nintendo! Everyone thinks the Wii has got it in the bag....but i wouldn't be surprised if Sony have some tricks up their sleeve!

Obviously alot of you will disagree, which is fine, but Sony really haven't been fighting as late and i reckon at TGS they will gain more hype.

Nintendo can't have this laid back attitude for much longer.....

U would think that but they have to do quite a bit to convince the jap crowd at this stage.

They can only come back fighting with nintendo not there:D

God, that PS3 looks fugly, especially in those latest photos shown in the link posted by leosalvia, they try to make it look like teh sex, but fail miserably... it looks like a ten dollar whore compared to the Wii, which looks like a supermodel.

Edit: Whats even worse about it is it's weight... I've read that it weighs 5 f***ing kilos! The Ps3 must be the heaviest console ever made... theres no doubt about it.

Dude, how often do you look at a console while you play it? All of mine are under the TV in a cabinet; have you got yours strapped to your head or something?

And the weight - again, my consoles are under my TV. I dont generally see the need to carry them wherever I go.

A lot of pointless fanboy posts in here that really arent worth picking apart. Oh well; more PS3s for the rest of us.

Nice post Owen.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!