NEurope

Most of the new threads have branched out to cover most of the MPOTD aspects. It'd still be nice to get it back.

Most of the new threads have branched out to cover most of the MPOTD aspects. It'd still be nice to get it back.

I'm not disputing that at all, it's just the moderating team told us when they were asked that it was coming back. My question is - were we lied to?

Maybe they originally planned to bring it back but since all these new threads starting appearing they realised it may not be in the best interests of the forum? No need to presume they do everything for shits and giggles at our expense!

They said they would, but i think they decided now that the forum's better without it (i don't disagree anyway, we get much more threads, and more interesting threads popping up).

Maybe they originally planned to bring it back but since all these new threads starting appearing they realised it may not be in the best interests of the forum? No need to presume they do everything for shits and giggles at our expense!

Yeah, that's the reason why. When we said it was coming back, we were sure that it would be - it was only once it had been gone for a while that some staff changed their minds. So we're not lying to you, quite the opposite - you were only told it was coming back because we were being honest.

There's still been no final decision, but it's looking less and less like it'll be coming back, and I can see why many staff members like the forum the way it is now. I'd still like it to return, but the current state of general chit-chat suggests that it's not nearly as important to the forum as I thought it was.

I think the problem with it was the Name translates to new members who ignore the rules "Post your spam here". The new threads that take its place are slightly more descriptive in their titles as to what should be posted in them.

I have a couple of questions:

1) Whats with GLA and stuff like that in peoples sigs?

and

2) Is this forum always as crazy as it seems from my first few days here?

MPT is (probably) gone forever.

I mean, look at gen chit chat now. Its far more vibrant, alot more discussion going on and alot more threads with specific topics.

It would be nice if you could bring it back. Since you did say it would be back... At least bring it back with a lock on it. The MPT was like the backbone of N-E for the active members, you can't just take it away and keep it for yourselves.

For James:

1. Just people's clans/groups stuff.

2. No, its been a bad week(s).

*sigh* another one bites the dust.

UK this time, seems hes THE GANONDORF, who would have thought it?

Under my nose the whole time too.

That is awesome, and is one hell of a plot twist.

I have had my suspicions (identical reaction to my views on religion, ironically), but was never quite sure...

I have a couple of questions:

1) Whats with GLA and stuff like that in peoples sigs?

and

2) Is this forum always as crazy as it seems from my first few days here?

1)If you are either gay, or just a pro-gay equality liberal (like myself), PM me and you can join. :heh:

2)It *should* settle down, 4 people got banned today.

That is awesome, and is one hell of a plot twist.

I have had my suspicions (identical reaction to my views on religion, ironically), but was never quite sure...

Have a look at the meat thread if you want to catch up on more drama...

2)It *should* settle down, 4 people got banned today.

4? Today?? :confused:

I'm not disputing that at all, it's just the moderating team told us when they were asked that it was coming back. My question is - were we lied to?

No.

That was initially the plan but the forum is blossoming without it. Personally I'd say we'll give it a bit longer, and review the situation and then put it to the vote. But if it were to come back it would be more heavily moderated (ie the no spam policy would be more enforced)

No.

That was initially the plan but the forum is blossoming without it. Personally I'd say we'll give it a bit longer, and review the situation and then put it to the vote. But if it were to come back it would be more heavily moderated (ie the no spam policy would be more enforced)

i'd like to see the mpt back even under those rules...

did you disable to abilty to resgister? A friend of mine wants to join but sayd it's disabled is this true?

What's happening with the N-Europe quiz? Will it ever get finished :heh:

Good thinking Sherlock.

I also wonder about this.

What's wifi nights?

Hmm the quiz, well it was my little baby. Perhaps I shall ressurect it from the graveyard soon :D watch this space. Well not this space. General Chit-chat.

as long as Mr_Odwin doesn't infract me for bumping it

Wi-Fi Nights was staff member Markcullinane's idea, it's on hold at the moment.

as long as Mr_Odwin doesn't infract me for bumping it

Just delete lots of threads so the quiz is on the first page again.