Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Has your mind changed?

AMN-Ryan

I know that this topic could get a little flamey, that is just the nature of the internet :P Anyway, with the recent news of the Revolutions specs that seem, on paper, underwhelming does that entice some gamers out there to thinks more about a PS3 or Xbox 360? Are a few of you still waiting for screenshots? Will the Revolution be the "2nd" system that sits next to the PS3 or Xbox 360? I want to hear some truthful opinions about this because I am curious.

As for me, in light of the recent announcments, the Revolution is going to be my "2nd" system. I think that the revmote is a neat idea and I want to see it in motion. As for a first console of choice, the PS3 looks like it will provide me with a gaming experience that I'm looking for.

For me the rev always has been and always will be my first choice console. I really am not bothered about the graphics it can produce as long as it will be fun with the revmote (which i'm sure it will be). i will be gettin a PS3 as second console due to it having overwhelming graphics, just the thought of a new GTA with that power :D

I don't know, its not the specs that worry me, its the whole revmote idea, I'm not sold yet, but come E3 I'm sure I will be.

Its really the virtual console that irresistible to me, I missed out on the NES, SNES and N64 so apart from emulation so downloads sells it for me.

The rev would be fine by me based on what I know. Its just that I dont think third parties will support it.

So PS3 will be may main console unless Nintendo releases som killer "non-mario" tiles (fps/adult titles) at launch, with the rev second for first party and my old gamecube games.

well the rev will be my console. i cant afford the 360 and definately cant afford the PS3. nintendos vision is not based on graphics. i do not have an HDtv so will i really notice that much of a difference in graphics? not really. i am quite happy with current gen graphics.

if there was one game that would make me contemplate getting a second console it would be from the burnout series.

Guest Jordan

Same as Rokhed. I'll never buy a Sony console/handheld but i've stuck to the XBOX simply because of its online service and fantastic exclusive games... as well as the 360 being a total power house of a console. Hell i shelled out money just so it would look better on a screen i own.

I'll still be buying a Revolution though, my heart will always be with Nintendo.

EDIT: Funnily enough Mike-Zim, Burnout 3: Takedown was the reason i originally bought and XBOX (yummy, my old Crystal one!) and i've bought every Burnout since (Revenge, Revenge 360). Word from Critereon is that there isn't gunna be another Burnout game for a while though.

If we all bought into the technical specification and graphics side of gaming, we would all be owning PSPs right now.

As you can tell by world figures, the DS is leading the Psp...despite being the weaker console in terms of specification and horsepower.

So, what does this mean?

Well, i personally think that it means we all love consoles that can play dvds, movies, whatnot. But, the DS just provides something different. An experience that is unparalled with anything the Psp could ever offer. It's a different way to play games.

It's been clear right from the start that the Revolution will not be a 'PS3 horsepower beater-powerhouse", and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. What i know right now is that the Revolution will offer a different way to play games in a way that the PS3 or Xbox360 will offer. It's saying right from the start that it will be different.

I'm one of those people that just prefers that something different and unique when it comes to games. If the xbox360 or PS3 becomes appealing in the future, then i may consider one of them. But, right now, i have only console that i truely desire to play and that's the Revolution.

Same boat as Rokhed and Jordan, my 360 is my main but i'll probably get a Revolution to sit next to it.

I'll also add that I could care less what specifications it has, i'm just more interested in actually seeing the bloody thing in action, playing real games. Maybe then will I actually get a little bit more excited about it.

I'm still hoping Rev games will look better than the specs make them look (if true) but I won't buy any of the other consoles. Instead I'm thinking of saving up more money to get a high-end PC in a year or so but since I'll be at Uni at that time it could also be a high end laptop.

Anyways I want a console for great games and great controls and not graphics - although they are a nice bonus. But I often forget I'm controlling a game with a controller when using the GC pad but the PC never lets me forget the keyboard + mouse set up.

I would love PS3 and a PS2, but frankly I only have money to buy 1 or 2 ...

So xbox 360 for me and a revoltuin like half-year after luanch to see how its going and to get it cheaper in second hand! Man, I can't wait till I'm 18 ... (or 16, when i can finally get a job)

I frankly don't care about graphics anymore. Maybe five years ago I might have cared, but now I would rather play something different and original then spend hundreds of pounds to play the latest fps clone and blow my load at the fact I can see individual fibres of a carpet. Maybe at some point in the future if I come into a load of money I'll get an X-Box 360 as well, but for the time being I'm still going Revolution all the way.

I'll be buying the Revolution without fail on launch day, and I already own an Xbox 360. I can enjoy both equally. Whether I get a Ps3 is down to the software. I've never enjoyed games on Playstations due to the god-awful controllers.

I'm sure the Revolution will be plenty powerful. The lack of HIGH DEFINITION does bother me a little, since the 360 looks so beautiful on my television.

Same as some of the above, a 360 is on my wish list, but a rev. will be my first choice. Sony's consoles no longer appeal to me, my ps2 is only used as a dvd player.

Nintendo are always good as providing great graphic (there hasn't been a generation were nintendo have been left behind, and in my opion the provided the best graphic in the past 3 generations, resi4, oot, lttp anyone?

Like many here, I don't give a damn, this was totally expected and doesn't change a thing. My first next gen console will be Revolution, if 360 has decent games that call to me I'll think of getting one, Ps3 though, I don't think so as it's going to be very expensive.

I'm getting a Revo and an Xbox 360. Revo will be in my room, and 360 downstairs on the HDTV. After really seeing how amazing HDTV is I do kinda wish Nintendo were offering it, but its not too big an issue.

I have absolutely no interest in PS3 whatsoever. As for which is my 'secondary' console, well it depends on games and how much I enjoy them. I have a Dreamcast and a Gamecube right now, and the one i play depends on what I feel like playing at that current time.

I supose it's up to Nintendo to provide us with enough games to make it the console you use most.Since I've played niether right now they are equal.

Guest Stefkov

rev for me, i havent the money to spend on stuff so expenive, we dont own an HDTV and im thinking that the rev wil reproduce the same graphics the 360 probably will do on a normal tv. as i so have a 40" wide screen i know its not that big but id be darn happy to play zelda on that with the FHC with surround sound.....

rev has always been my first choice, its basically why abve becasue its affordale but its also the games i know that i will be getting, nintendos games have mainly been unique i think this generation, the xbox and ps2 got the same games over and over basically.

i want a new way to play games, and a way that hopefully my dad will actually get into games r even my mum, i told my dad about brain training and he sounded impressed i think. im gonna et it and if he likes it then cool if they can repriduvce games like that on the rev then ill be more than happy.

not only will i gain a good, affordable console but like my sister with the ds my family might get into gaming. and with that i will be happy.

(on a side note i tried to play a 4 player multiplayer wario ware on m cube, my mum and dad had no idea what the hell was happening. they were like is it my go? and my mum got stressed cos we kept 'shouting' at her)

but anyway, rev is my first and only choice, i had thought of getting a 360 but i have no money, i will barely save up for a rev and i still owe my mum for other things.

The Rev will be my Primary console (and very possibly my only of this Gen). This is because I like Nintendo's games and they have given me a lot of fun with the Cube. I hope the Revo to me more of the same, and more...

Another reason is that it's cheap, and the games will be cheaper too (so I can get more of them, so have money to spend on other things), AND there's the Virtual Console part, with MegaDrive games too!!!...PLEASE GIVE US MEGA BOMBERMAN:P

Hmmm...there's only 2 buttons on the Revo thing...but there's 3 on a MegaDrive....I hope they add another button down there :P

However it depends what games don't come to the Revo to whether I get one of the others (and whether my brother gets one of the others, most likely a 360) PLEASE GIVE THE REV RESI 5 CAPCOM....PLEASE!!! :(