N-Europe

Miyamoto drops the Zelda A-bomb.

Nintendork

IGN reported this somewhat differently. According to them Miyamoto said Zelda uses Revolution's capabilities, not the controller. Meh, it's probably nothing.

I would say that we are progressing well with completing it,†says Miyamoto. “And one of the most important features is that, because Revolution can run GameCube software, when you play Twilight Princess on Revolution you can take advantage of the Revolution controller.â€

From noe.

I think alot of people need to apologize to NGC... i mean they did take alot of flack from many sites about there "exclusive Zelda news".

Personaly i didnt believe NGC... but then again its hard to believe any Nintendo news with out it coming from there own mouths!

This is something we all knew was probably going to happen anyway but it is good to hear it from an official source. My guess (hopes?) is that along with different control setup the extra power from rev could be used to give a graphical boost to an already beautiful game with possible use of normal maps and real-time reflections? Higher res texture maps and increased level of geometry these are all things that could be just add in as things are progressing on the cube version imagine a smaller team working on a port of the game for rev? Any thoughts? Also this is my first post here so a friendly hello to all!

i was hoping it whould be true becouse it really needed to be, releasing a AAA title like zelda at the very end of the gamecubes life whould destroy allot of it's sales but with revolution support the game has 5years to get the sales it deserves.

That whole issue really bothers me. Zelda:TP was nearly finished over a year ago and now they forced in Revolution capabilities - I doubt that will do the game any good. After all it has been designed for the Gamecube and I highly doubt that it is easy to change the gameplay so the Revolution controller would make sense.

Furthermore it is another sign that Nintendo abandoned the Gamecube long ago and want to make Zelda: TP more like a Revolution launch title. My favourite way would have been that Nintendo released Zelda in late 2005 and use the time for a next true Revolution Zelda - it doesn't have to be a launch title at all.

Also GDC will now contain less Revolution information but more confirmation that Zelda indeed uses Revolution controlls, has slightly better graphics...

I assumed this, for a long time. It just confirms how I think Nintendo is now treating Zelda now.

As I said in the Q and A yesterday, it will be seen to Nintendo's executives as a Revolution title financially, rather than a GCN title.

That whole issue really bothers me. Zelda:TP was nearly finished over a year ago and now they forced in Revolution capabilities - I doubt that will do the game any good. After all it has been designed for the Gamecube and I highly doubt that it is easy to change the gameplay so the Revolution controller would make sense.
I agree!

They should have either created Twilight Princess for GC and launched it for Christmas 2005 (with it's pedicted Nov '05 date).

OR

Create the game specifically for the Rev (which I would MUCH rather them do at this stage in development);

with a VAST overworld,

better graphics,

incorporate the controller properly (and not just as an extra for those with the Rev!),

and have it as a TRUE Rev launch title that people will take notice of on the shelves at launch, and not just see it as a 'last generation' GC game (to those new to Nintendo/Rev)!

Here's the news from another site;

http://www.cubed3.com

While in Paris collecting a French Cultural Award for his unprecedented contribution to game design, the Official UK and Ireland Nintendo site caught up with Shigeru Miyamoto. When quizzed on the progress of upcoming Nintendo GameCube game 'Twilight Princess', Mr Miyamoto had this to say:

"I would say that we are progressing well with completing it," ... "And one of the most important features is that, because Revolution can run GameCube software, when you play Twilight Princess on Revolution you can take advantage of the Revolution controller."

So that's official confirmation from the man himself, Twilight Princess will have added features when played on the Nintendo Revolution. The full interview can be read here, VIP access required.

Yay!

They couldn't do without some support of course, but it's nice to hear. It's probably only fishing and other minigames though, FHC swordfighting or the likes would kind of spoil an actual Revolution Zelda.

Yay!

They couldn't do without some support of course, but it's nice to hear. It's probably only fishing and other minigames though, FHC swordfighting or the likes would kind of spoil an actual Revolution Zelda.

*nods*

they will have to be careful how much fhc stuff they do put in and make sure that they market the game as a GC game with revo functions not a revo game. we dont want people buying it thinking its the revo zelda then being dissapointed that its not.

Good news tho. :smile:

Remember the people who have played the Metroid demo felt fatigue in the arm after around 30 minutes of intensive play.

If you want to marathon it now is the time to get training! :)

Yeah, I can imagine it's tiring to hold your arm for a long time aiming around.

The FHC might actually cause RSI :woops: