Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

Cursed (Wes Craven)

cursed1.jpg

Absolutely love this film (The Unrated version). It's terrible, trashy, has some terrible effects and should genuinely just not be at all watchable. But somehow it just works. No wonder it ended up selling a bucket load of Dvd's (It's became a sort of cult classic among Wes Craven fans supposedly). There are some hilarious moments scattered throughout the odd genuinely scary moment. Such as in the big finale when the police have come to shoot the Werewolf but can't find it:

"What's this Werewolf look like?".

"Well officer....She's got a bony ass.....fat thighs....and bad skin"

"YOOOUUUUU BITCCCCHHHHHHH!"

Love. Oh, and the whole "Gay? Not gay?" side story with whatshisattractiveface from Heroes in is oddly lovely/amusing too.

Fun.

Edited by Slaggis

I'm thinking Milo Ventimiglia is the guy who you can't name from Heroes?

This was from the movie '1 day' I reviewed. The music is kind of catchy but the movie itself was just crap. It's based around the two Handsworth gangs.

Oh yeah, 'scrilla' means money (I thought it was drugs)

Edited by Animal

The movie was awesome, didn't see much of it to be honest, so I guess not knowing much made the movie even more enjoyable (Fact is I never pay attention to any movies really)

7/10

Sherlock Holmes

This movie truly surprised me the most, I really thought it was going to be the typical type of movie, but I was stunned how everything went, how they mixed the action that felt modern yet the solving the crime was fantastic and felt like I was reading/watching an old show/book. I look forward to the next one.

7/10

It's very surprising how many awesome films came out last year, truly a looooooooooot better then 2008 borefest

Yeah she's brilliant... she also Uhura in Star Trek. She's really landing the big screen parts lately and I very much deserved!

oooooooooooh! It's her.

Yeah, she's alright actually. I can imagine the whole mo-cap/green screen is a bloody nightmare for actors so I always appreciate the performances under those conditions.

Would definitely like to see her in more stuff. Especially as she can be cast as Not Halle Berry.

Sherlock Holmes

Good movie but not great. Action scenes were good, banter between both leads were good but felt a bit underwhelmed by the whole thing.

7/10

Enjoyed it. Despite being a long movie and getting a shit seat in the cinema, right at the front, I still liked this one. The 3D really impressed me and the whole visual presentation was superb. Actual movie was decent. That pilot (the woman in lost) is the sex. I want to bone.

8/10

The Simpsons Movie

I'm glad I didn't pay to see this at the cinema. Nothing really exciting happened.

5/10

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

This was much more entertaining. I'll never understand the concept of characters crying after knowing others who have died after five minutes. I love it when I have to attack to the internet to find out who certain voices are, because I'd recognise them and it'd be bugging me all the way through. Ray Winston as a Beaver, fantastic.

8-9/10

Let The Right One In

Wow, really brilliant. Not a fault. Just really...beautiful? Original, injects life and zest into a horrible genre of shiteness ("vampire"), wonderfully acted and filmed and paced perfectly. Not predictable at all etc.

10/10

Let The Right One In

Wow, really brilliant. Not a fault. Just really...beautiful? Original, injects life and zest into a horrible genre of shiteness ("vampire"), wonderfully acted and filmed and paced perfectly. Not predictable at all etc.

10/10

I love that movie, it's fantastic and it's one of the best movies I've ever watched.

Let The Right One In

10/10

Yeah, I love too much. And how its seen from a childs POV - like at the end, really oblivious to death.

But you can see why I said I didn't want to see again. Really long and filled with snow. You know I hate snow.

Sherlock Holmes

Good movie but not great. Action scenes were good, banter between both leads were good but felt a bit underwhelmed by the whole thing.

Saw this last night, enjoyed it also.

The fight scenes seemed like they were swiped from The Matrix, but tried to circumvent that by using Holmes' mind and "predict" what he'd do.

The format seemed Midsomer Murders-esque, but tis something I might consider getting on the doovdé when it comes out. Hoping for the Moriarty sequel.

8/10

Yeah, I love too much. And how its seen from a childs POV - like at the end, really oblivious to death.

But you can see why I said I didn't want to see again. Really long and filled with snow. You know I hate snow.

It's not long at all, it's standard film length, under 2 hours...

And the snow was so lovely. If it was sand I could understand you not liking it. :grin:

Am I right in thinking it's next in line in the queue of pointless remakes? I heard it was being americanised, which is the stupidest thing I've ever heard in my life.

It's not long at all, it's standard film length, under 2 hours...

And the snow was so lovely. If it was sand I could understand you not liking it. :grin:

Am I right in thinking it's next in line in the queue of pointless remakes? I heard it was being americanised, which is the stupidest thing I've ever heard in my life.

No its worse..its being englishised. Way to ruin an epic movie.

Terminator: Salvation

Second viewage of this, first on Blu-ray. Saw the extended version of the movie, to be honest i didn't see much on the extended front of things. Still, it looked amazing in all of its high-definition glory. A good 4th installment in the series to be fair.

8/10

Rat Race

An all-star movie. Watched this last night on Film4 with a chinese and a few beers. Quite funny in places.

8/10

Let the right one in

Fucking love this movie. One of my faves. Main actors were brilliantly casted. Loved the way in which this "vampire" film was so different and unique. So good compared to the likes of the shite that is Twilight (that rhymes!). P.S Didn't anyone else think that the main guy looked like Andrei Arshavin from Arsenal FC? Fuckin loved him.

10/10

Titanic

Absolutely epic. But more so than that, I love watching the relationship between Jack and Rose slowly develop into something that takes them both over to the point where after only a few days together, she makes the decision to stay with him once the ship reaches America. The way her fiancé is obviously desperate for Rose to fall in love with him an can see her slowly slipping away is kind of heartbreaking too. I mean, he's a total dick, but he genuinely has feelings for her though he may go about showing that in totally the wrong manner.

After the ships gone down and Jack and Rose are lying on the floating debris, I love how the film is boiled down to essentially just the relationship between them. No ship, no fiancé, no mass panic...just them. When all the sounds around them have died down, it's so incredibly eerie. Even though there's over a thousand people in the water...there's just silence.

Anyway. I love. The script could be infinitely better, the score could be drastically improved in places (When she's intent on killing herself and the music still manages to sound almost joyful for instance) and the way it seems to portray that literally every person with money is a dick and everyone person without any is a fun loving Irishman...but I don't care. I think it's fantastic. When Rose finally lets Jack go before desperately attempting to scream at the passing boat, whilst the eerily calm music plays in the background, I never fail to sit there completely transfixed on the film.

Edited by Slaggis

Titanic

Absolutely epic. But more so than that, I love watching the relationship between Jack and Rose slowly develop into something that takes them both over to the point where after only a few days together, she makes the decision to stay with him once the ship reaches America. The way her fiancé is obviously desperate for Rose to fall in love with him an can see her slowly slipping away is kind of heartbreaking too. I mean, he's a total dick, but he genuinely has feelings for her though he may go about showing that in totally the wrong manner.

After the ships gone down and Jack and Rose are lying on the floating debris, I love how the film is boiled down to essentially just the relationship between them. No ship, no fiancé, no mass panic...just them. When all the sounds around them have died down, it's so incredibly eerie. Even though there's over a thousand people in the water...there's just silence.

Anyway. I love. The script could be infinitely better, the score could be drastically improved in places (When she's intent on killing herself and the music still manages to sound almost joyful for instance) and the way it seems to portray that literally every person with money is a dick and everyone person with any is a fun loving Irishman...but I don't care. I think it's fantastic. When Rose finally lets Jack go before desperately attempting to scream at the passing boat, whilst the eerily calm music plays in the background, I never fail to sit there completely transfixed on the film.

This. Absolutely this. The film is flawed in so many ways yet at the same just utterly compelling.

Confession: I think I cried solidly for about an hour because of this film.

Star Wars Episodes 2 and 3

Meh. Not bad but not great either. I loved how Darth Vader got off the upright table thing once he had his suit on. It was like a drunken Frankenstein.

Hayden Christensen can't act for shit.

Anyone else think Luke got the shit end of the deal? Leia gets sent to live with some rich people and he gets sent to live in the arse end of nowhere because "he should be with his family". If family was motive, surely his sister is better than his half uncle? Would have surely prevented any future almost-incest, however unlikely it may be.

7/10