N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

This is the cinema version of pub food - greasy, unhealthy and not even very flavorsome and yet you're still happy to chow down. It's a big sweaty sci-fi movie sporting a cat-faced Ripley, smurf sex and exploding super-coptors but doesn't really have any decent ideas to really make it stand out. Not bad but a bit over-long. Very much Titanic's spiritual successor.

Cameron's getting flabby.

Edited by gaggle64

Absolutely beautiful. A cinema experience that I thoroughly enjoyed. My eyes were so often glazed with wonderment. Also my first ever 3D film, so that helped. The story is fairly predictable and there's nothing subtle about the messages or the ''metaphor'' in this film. That's not to say I didn't like the story, it just felt like a reworking of another sci fi. Good characters for the most part, I may have mentioned this before...I LOVE SAM WORTHINGTON, heh. But the main villain is just the worst villain in cinema history (probably an overstatement, but it'd be a fun discussion :P).

7/10

Yay, I love it too. One of my fav disney movies!

But it's a very mediocre film, lol.

Even if it's mediocre, it's still great to me. =D

Plus I just love Disney films haha. My secret dream was to one day get to work in the Disney Studios, but that's never going to happen. =P

Yeah, didn't even have the darkness of the first Rescuers film.

Madam Medusa scared me, back in the day.

Ah the first was great too. I watched it so many times. We even had an audio tape of the film which we would listen to again and again and again.

And yeah the film did scare us back in the day when we were little. It was all so dark and gloomy, and the part where Penny has to retrieve the diamond is just scary haha.

Even if it's mediocre, it's still great to me. =D

Plus I just love Disney films haha. My secret dream was to one day get to work in the Disney Studios, but that's never going to happen. =P

We've been over this. I'm going to bribe/blackmail/sleep my way into Pixar then bring you along. And Flink can be our chauffeur.

We've been over this. I'm going to bribe/blackmail/sleep my way into Pixar then bring you along. And Flink can be our chauffeur.

Haha okay, let me know when you're starting with this masterful plan!

And Flink can also make us tea/cocktails, cook us dinner, wash and iron our clothes... He'd be our own personal maid. And my sex slave of course.

It's a Wonderful Life (1946) Blu-Ray (Colour Version)

It's a nice film, and that's all I have to say (it's not really my kind of film). Although the picture was very clear and the colourisation was done remarkably well (if it didn't mention it on the box then I would probably never have realised that it was filmed in black & white).

I hope you mean Die Hard 2 aka Die Harder aka The Christmas One :p

Fave Christmas films:

Santa Claus: The Movie (1985)

It's A Wonderful Life (black and white, of course).

A Christmas Carol (1999. The one with Jean-Luc Picard)

Miracle on 34th Street

Die Hard 2

Love Actually

Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi

actually the first die hard was based around christmas too :)

even has let it snow at the end :)

and die hard 1 is certainly better than die hard and la la la you know the score.:santa:

Yeah Die Hard is better and set around Christmas too. I don't know why I associate the second one as being more Christmassy. :p

I think Home Alone 1 & 2 are typical Christmas films. I got them from Jim last year as a Christmas present (we watched them of course) and I think he'll want to watch them again this year. Some sort of weird Christmas tradition. =P

Yesss! It will be our Christmas tradition. Along with the lasagna we made last year. :D

My favourite Christmas films are:

Home Alone One and Two

Jingle All The Way (Fuck yeah)

ELF!

Die Hard (the first two in particular)

Love Actually

and possibly Notting Hill. :D

There's so many more, though. But these are a start.

I love Love Actually. Probably one of my secret favourite films.

Yesss! It will be our Christmas tradition. Along with the lasagna we made last year. :D

But I'm not sure we can have the lasagne this year, so it's not really a tradition?

I love Love Actually. Probably one of my secret favourite films.

Not exactly a secret heh. =P