Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

Sin City

Extreme violence, a couple of times I thought the credits were about to roll but didn't. I don't know who was in the lift at the end, I guess it was an important figure connecting the '2 stories'. Like there were 2 stories in Pulp Fiction also. You can see Tarantino's influences.

Some of the action was quite fun and I liked the narration.

7-9/10

Am I the only one who isn't a fan of Toy Story? I always found it really dull whenever I saw it growing up.

Toy Story 2 was more interesting, because I loved the fact that all the cowboys were kept in their boxes, but left them really readily.

I know, what's the deal with that. Completely stupid. Also, can you believe they have talking toys?! Completely unrealistic in my opinion.

Today I saw The Invention of Lying. I saw that it was good.

Am I the only one who isn't a fan of Toy Story? I always found it really dull whenever I saw it growing up.

Toy Story 2 was more interesting, because I loved the fact that all the cowboys were kept in their boxes, but left them really readily.

Stay away from me. It's for your own safety. :mad:

I liked the Toy Story films. I even remember going to see the first one, must have been 4 years old.

Toy Story 2 is better I think, but the first one feels like it has more relief within it. One can find more solace in watching it.

but left them really readily.

Que?

Anyway Toy Story is a happy part of my childhood. I remember going to see it and I remember when we were on some family holiday down south I saw Smiths or Woolies advertising pre-ordering the video and when we got back I made my mom go out and pre-order it ^_^

I was thinking while watching it Buzz got off fairly lightly, he could have been seriously psychologically damaged. His whole purpose and meaning was completely changed and he got through it pretty quickly with the help of some drag. If it had been an adult and not a toy it would have required therapy, meangingless sex and a lot of whisky.

Yeah, I write it as Mum but I've always said Mom.

Now, I will spell it like thus.

Ooh, I did see a film awhile ago: Austin Powers - Goldmember

I noticed a little error in this that only me and about five other forum members would have: The company Roboto Industries' logo has 'Roboto' written in Japanese underneath, but the Japanese characters suggest that it should really be 'Robotto'. (For reference, it says ロボット Instead of just ロボト.)

I also noticed that chap who was Hiro in Heroes and Franklin in Scrubs was in it.

Beyonce had one of the best afros of all time/10 (aka 7.9)

More Mer-ther :p Still, its no different from you saying "oc ai" (as all Scottish people blatantly do :p). You know what I mean though, each dialect have their own bastardisations of the English language that becomes part of the regional (or wider) lexicon. People are just uptight about "mom" because its seen as American.

(although yes when I feel it needs to be I write "mum", but this place is hardly an assignment or greeting card)

And TV I think its common that double-constants are changed. Wouldn't say its an error, but probably a conscious decision in the Westernisation of the company name (the fictional company...) 'Roboto' rolls off the tongue better than the more clumsy 'Robotto'.

Edited by Ashley

^ It's pronounced 'Och aye' :p

The Mask

Literally haven't seen this in nearly 10 years or something. Still, it was nice to see it again and it's an enjoyable film, even though some of the atmosphere has waned somewhat over the years. Cameron Diaz still looks stunning in it though :wink:

7 out of 10

(500) Days of Summer

I really liked it. I liked that the plot was fair to the characters, no one was the "baddie" of the relationship, people change in real life, we have to deal with it.

Lovely soundtrack too. Oh, did anything happen before the main titles and "Us"? I came in late, and heard the narrator speak before that. I'm so scared of missing anything.

I love Sweet Disposition by The Temper Trap more and more everytime I hear it. Which is tough, as I can exclusively reveal that it's against one of my picks in the MUSIC WARS! And I think I prefer this. But it might just be the "new" effect.

8/10

Seriously? How can you NOT like Toy Story? Even some of my family like it and they don't like animation. You are actually and honestly the first person I know who doesn't like Toy Story :blank:

Yeah, I write it as Mum but I've always said Mom.

It's 'mom' to me. I say 'mom' and I spell it like that too. I've never known it different. I've only recently found out Brummies say mom more often.

Help! I'm a fish

I woke up this morning and turned my telly on and found this. I missed like half an hour of it and I had nothing better to do so I watched it. Decent kids' movie. I'm sure Alan Rickman (Snape from Harry Potter) voices the baddie fish.

6/10

toy story 3d:

now im going to review this at my local omniplex. I;m sure ye had a better experiece with yere higher quality cinemas in england or whatever. BUT

it was terrible.. I got charged full price( 11 euro) for a 13 year old film with very limited 3d. I tell you something now I will NEVER go to another 3d remake. If it's not made with 3d in mind, then just don't

for 3d effects and sound(which was also crap in that cinema)

2/10

BUT toy story itself still looks fantastic 13 years on. It doesn't look all that worse to UP bar 3d. Toy story is still 10/10 in my mind and always will be. There isn't a single thing wrong with that movie

but toy story 3d gets a 5/10 from my experiece.

oh my god you ..

toy story 2 was close but ruined by jessie's cringeworthy voice at times. But her song touched me :blush:

Because Disney have done far better.

Just because there are better movies doesn't mean you don't have to dislike this one.

If I do that then i'd be like this " Terminator 1 is shit because 2 is better". You get me?

out of curiousity, What disney movies do you think are better anyway?

toy story is a loved movie worldwide.I know some people like to be different but this is ridiculous.

You like aladdin, right? I'd say it's a very typical disney movie -- racist, pro-western bastardisation of 'alien' culture. Very disney.

Toy Story was Pixar before disney got scared and bought shares. Leave 'em alone!

I never liked Aladdin because of the scene towards the end where Jasmine is trapped in the gigantic hour-glass. I think that first triggered my "phobia" of sand.

I like Hunchback Of Notre Dame (if you don't watch any scenes with the shite gargoyles, who ruin the film), Pocahontas (again, the shite animals ruin the film), Sleeping Beauty (love the backgrounds, and general art) and Lion King.

But yeah, Beauty & The Beast is the only one I have proper time for.