Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

Milk

Fantastic, from start to finish. There wasn't one moment where it dragged, and they told the incredible story of Milk extremely well. Penn's performance is one that needs to be seen, and ever though I'm yet to see the Wrestler, I think with the performance he gave he deserved the oscar he recieved. The only thing that I felt was a little off, was the suddeness of his asassination. It just felt as though they wanted to get the movie done with, so cut straight to the end so to speak.

It's a little (Well, very) depressing when you realise some of the films issues are still issues to this day, and that though Milk did a hell of a lot for gay rights, a damn sight more needs to be done to fufill what he wanted. With the ban on Prop 8 only just happening, and hate crimes still present, it makes the film more relavent to todays issues than ever.

Rachel Getting Married

Been desperate to see this for ages.

I'd give it...8.9/10? Maybe a solid 9.

An excellent film, very realistic in it's portrayal of the atmosphere, and that no character was a "type". I mean...we feel sympathy and anger to virtually all the main characters. That's an important point.

Wonderful camera work, and Anne Hathaway as you've never seen her before (I'd only seen her in Devil Wears Prada, which is hardly stellar).

Brilliant and cathartic.

What?

That's my one quip with the film - there were too many irrelevant scenes. It was too long and drawn out, which sort of makes me not want to sit through it again.

But yeah, it was brilliant.

Lol, a friend said the exact same thing to me. Maybe it's just me being wierd, but I really didn't feel it dragging at any moment. Though, I do wish Franco had been in it more.

That's my one quip with the film

My god! I was abouit to post a really sarcastic post quoting from the dictionary as you obviously meant to say quibble, but then when I looked it up, quip actually doubles as another meaning for quibble?!

The things you learn.

My favourite bit of the movie was when they were having the celebratory party, and the two campaign guys got together in that cupboard.

Hah, yeah, when he pushed him back down, I laughed. I did love how it managed to switch from comedy, to moments dealing with serious issues with relative ease. There was no sudden "Oh, how awkward" sort of moments.

Rachel Getting Married

An excellent film, very realistic in it's portrayal of the atmosphere, and that no character was a "type". I mean...we feel sympathy and anger to virtually all the main characters. That's an important point.

Wonderful camera work, and Anne Hathaway as you've never seen her before (I'd only seen her in Devil Wears Prada, which is hardly stellar).

Brilliant and cathartic.

I need to see this, I've been wanting to for ages. Damn my local cinemas.

My god! I was abouit to post a really sarcastic post quoting from the dictionary as you obviously meant to say quibble, but then when I looked it up, quip actually doubles as another meaning for quibble?!

The things you learn.

Might I remind you that I got, and deserved, an A in GCSE English?

AKA I'm good.

Might I remind you that I got, and deserved, an A in GCSE English?

AKA I'm good.

Yeah but I'm better.

And to be fair, it was listed as the 4th least obvious meaning of the word, and I doubt anyone would consider it a real use anymore.

Vicky Christina Barcellona

I nearly fell asleep twice, and two people (of the 10 in the cinema) walked out. That pretty much sums up my opinion of the film.

The characters were flat, the actors bored (other than Cruz who was the only interesting thing. Johannsen started as such but after Cruz came along she dissapeared, both physically and emotionally), the narration dire and over-expositoney ("Vicky and Christina are two very different girls, Vicky is doing a masters while Christina is more freespirited" blah blah blah. Thanks, could you not at least attempt to show us this?) and the whole cliched free-love angle just didn't sit right with me.

The film locations were nice to look at but its a shame the plot wasn't as interesting.

And im not sure if the mormon comment was the ignorance of Allen or supposed to be the ignorance of the character.

Rachel Getting Married

Brilliant and cathartic.

Awesome. I didn't think someone would be watching it so quickly on the same day as me. :) I hadn't seen Anne Hathaway in anything accept Devil Wear Prada as well and it was a completely different role and showed her in a new light seeing as she usually does these fluff films (Bride Wars). I'm glad she was acknowledged as a nominee for best actress!

I need to see this, I've been wanting to for ages. Damn my local cinemas.

DO IT.

Watch Rachels getting Married. :grin: An excellent film! I agree with Paj 100%, my only quip is that I have to back up Chairdriver in this argument. :p

(I also need to see Milk and did not realise James Franco was in it)

Planet Terror

Watched it with mum. We both cracked up massively when the dog got run over. Normally, because I love dogs, I prefer humans getting run over but it was so well badly done that I couldn't stop laughing.

Fun film.

7/10

Don't use quip that way. It doesn't ever have the same meaning as quibble in the sense that you mean, but quibble can mean what quip means, if you follow? Qualm is most appropriate if you want to shade your opinion that way. [/no harm done!]

Related; it's gyp, not jip, jipe, gipe, gype, jyp. Gip is also acceptable.

I get wound up over nothing.

Don't use quip that way. It doesn't ever have the same meaning as quibble in the sense that you mean, but quibble can mean what quip means, if you follow? Qualm is most appropriate if you want to shade your opinion that way. [/no harm done!]

Related; it's gyp, not jip, jipe, gipe, gype, jyp. Gip is also acceptable.

I get wound up over nothing.

See, I was right!111! :D

Well, after a difficult choice which came down to a coin toss and advice from fellow members including Raining, Paj, Strider and EEVIL.

Total Recall

You know it enough, i know it enough. No need for my thoughts.

"See you at the party Ricter"

10/10