Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

Saw V

Having only seen this and the first one I still remained a bit confused.

I prefer this to the first one, didn't at first but I felt the plot got more intricate as it went on which i enjoyed. :) Rather than just trap after trap. I felt it was well made and kept me interested through out. It was more gory than before too! :D

Saw V

Having only seen this and the first one I still remained a bit confused.

I prefer this to the first one, didn't at first but I felt the plot got more intricate as it went on which i enjoyed. :) Rather than just trap after trap. I felt it was well made and kept me interested through out. It was more gory than before too! :D

I havn't seen the film...(seeing it tomorrow) but you are wrong. ;)

Sympathy for Lady Vengeance = 6/10

didnt know what i was watching part of the time

:confused:

Why so low?

I love how there's one scene in the film that literally screams "Fuck you. Fuck you again. Fuck. You.", when she marches down the alley-way and shoots the grunt in the face with the gun.

And the fact it's rife with metaphor.

Shimotsuma monogatari

Japanese to the bone and a girl movie, but pretty damn sweet. Very well directed, the photography is out there too, very surprising.

Anna Tsuchiya awesome and hot as always and Kyôko Fukada is freaking cute. I bet this is where Suda got his idea for Bad Girl in NMH.

The Man With the Golden Gun

Continuing with my Bond movies, on Sunday i took a look at the Roger Moore era with this great movie. Also stars Christopher Lee who portrays Scaramanga perfectly. Good story, great action. This movie just keeps getting better each time i see it. This gets 8/10

Next up is the Timothy Dalton era.

License to Kill

I dove deep into the Bond franchise and pulled out this classic movie starring Timothy Dalton, it was either this or The Living Daylights. This shows a more un-forgiving Bond who sets his sights on revenge and doesn't take no for an answer as it were. Great cast as well including a good performance from Robert Davi as Sanchez. I award this movie 9/10

Coming soon, the Pierce Brosnan era.

Righteoh, here we go.

Saw V

Erm...shits on Saw IV, thats for sure. Basically....hmmm. I might place it at second best after the first...I dunno. Actually no...Saw is in a league of its own, and then the sequels should be rated seperately and never compared. I really really liked how it explained the fall of....the dude, and his-ness, you know. Also the tamest of all of them! The beginning bit is blates horrible, but yeah...the rest is tolerable. Only like...once did it make me hand-to-mouth. And I did believe how it ended lol....I thought that was great though. So yeah. Difficult on the number but.....

7.4/10

nah, the bonds rock.

for me goldeneye will always remind me of the game, which means it will always be good.

licence to kill was also great, liked the more brutal bond they presented.

Yeah, Goldeneye's pretty good... not a 10, though!

License to kill was completely un-noteworthy, really... =/

Righteoh, here we go.

Saw V

Erm...shits on Saw IV, thats for sure. Basically....hmmm. I might place it at second best after the first...I dunno. Actually no...Saw is in a league of its own, and then the sequels should be rated seperately and never compared. I really really liked how it explained the fall of....the dude, and his-ness, you know. Also the tamest of all of them! The beginning bit is blates horrible, but yeah...the rest is tolerable. Only like...once did it make me hand-to-mouth. And I did believe how it ended lol....I thought that was great though. So yeah. Difficult on the number but.....

7.4/10

Great! :grin: Glad you enjoyed it! See it's hard to tell where to put it! Fair enough you prefer Saw but it is really good in itself. :)

I thought It was a bit more gory than the first myself just because:

The Pendulum chopping the guy in half was kinda worse and at the end with the guys bone cracking outwards, than the first?

None of the deaths really effected me! The best one was probably the head decapitaton one that was twisted.

Did you think that through that task there as definately enough room in the chambers for more than one? I thought it was obvious they had to work together. silly people. :p

Will there be a Saw VI?

Great! :grin: Glad you enjoyed it! See it's hard to tell where to put it! Fair enough you prefer Saw but it is really good in itself. :)

I thought It was a bit more gory than the first myself just because:

The Pendulum chopping the guy in half was kinda worse and at the end with the guys bone cracking outwards, than the first?

None of the deaths really effected me! The best one was probably the head decapitaton one that was twisted.

Did you think that through that task there as definately enough room in the chambers for more than one? I thought it was obvious they had to work together. silly people. :p

Will there be a Saw VI?

Actually, yeah you're probably right. Saw was probably the tamest, but after that they seem to go really OTT with the gore.

Yeah the bone cracking bit. And also the hand traps at the end yikes, but yeah pendulam was horrible.

Saw VI is definitely happening (possibly even filming soon) but yeah, its happening. As long as they keep the story as good as this one I don't mind.

Also! Dexter's Rita and 24's Morris. Love it. Did anyone else think the two main characters look REALLY identical. Lol I got confused once or twice. :heh:

I saw it with Molly so hopefully she'll be in here soon to spill her full opinion...

Actually, yeah you're probably right. Saw was probably the tamest, but after that they seem to go really OTT with the gore.

Saw VI is definitely happening (possibly even filming soon) but yeah, its happening. As long as they keep the story as good as this one I don't mind.

Also! Dexter's Rita and 24's Morris. Love it. Did anyone else think the two main characters look REALLY identical. Lol I got confused once or twice. :heh:

I saw it with Molly so hopefully she'll be in here soon to spill her full opinion...

I'm glad they are making films. :p Ooh there will be a Saw VI as long as the story stays half decent I'll be happy. :)

You are not alone I got so confused at the start of the film as to who was on screen with the main characters!!! >____<

Yeah the bone cracking bit. And also the hand traps at the end yikes, but yeah pendulam was horrible.

I agree the hand trap was pretty nasty! I'd not have put my hand in there. FIGHT TO THE DEATH!

Hmm for me the pendulum bit was more scary with 30 seconds to go, it was really tense.

Funny Games

Fucking disturbing!! Fantastically made - the remote control moment was like WTF!! NOO!! Quite unlike anything I've seen before

9/10

And can anyone recommend any good horror films? I've barely seen any so no need to worry about recomending ones Ive seen.

Which did you see? US or original?