Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

Conquest Of The Planet Of The Apes

I heard it went downhill, but I still really liked this one. VERY short (it felt, anyway), and not much happens, but Roddy MacDowall is amazing as Ceasar...delivering some very emotive speeches, and the messages from the first films are still there.

A bigger budget, or a better score might have made the actual conquest more exciting.

7.5/10

Man, I actually love that film, and I love you! Such an awesome edition to the saga.

Ahh, fuck the critics. All 5 films rocked in their own way.

Yeaahh!! That program was goood. At first when I heard about this Taken film I thought it was related, but alas no...

Its a shame, isn't it? A taken film would be pretty sweet.

And, about Shia, who really cares? All I can remember of him was getting hit in the bollocks by branches in that ridiculous chase scene in that new Stargate film. Oh wait, sorry, I meant Indiana Jones.

I was going to go and watch Indy 4 tonight but ended up be late and decided it was probably going to be garbage so I stayed in and watched Saving Private Ryan instead. Yeah it's just brilliant, not much else needs to be said.

10/10

Burn After Reading

Finally was able to drag someone with me to see it

I really liked it bu couple things bothered me, like that the first 30 minutes are kind of just nothing but just served setting up the characters and the plot in a rather uninteresting way and that John Malkowhich´s character did next to nothing in the film except yell: "What the fuck!?"

But it´s a great watch and the ending is hilarious.

Battle For The Planet Of The Apes

I love how none of films feels unnecesarry in the grand scheme, and I like how this film shows that the timeline has been altered from the future we originally saw, but leaves us with an ominous final image.

A bigger budget would have heloed this a lot...Ape City looked more like a very small camp site.

However, Roddy McDowall was awesome as ever.

7/10

-----

After seeing them all; I'd finalise the ratings as this;

Planet Of The Apes

8/10

Beneath The Planet Of The Apes

5.9/10

Escape From The Planet Of The Apes

8.9/10

7/10

7/10

All in all, and awesome deal, 5 films and the behind the scenes disc for £7!

I love how none of films feels unnecesarry in the grand scheme, and I like how this film shows that the timeline has been altered from the future we originally saw, but leaves us with an ominous final image.

A bigger budget would have heloed this a lot...Ape City looked more like a very small camp site.

However, Roddy McDowall was awesome as ever.

7/10

-----

After seeing them all; I'd finalise the ratings as this;

Planet Of The Apes

8/10

Beneath The Planet Of The Apes

5.9/10

Escape From The Planet Of The Apes

8.9/10

7/10

7/10

All in all, and awesome deal, 5 films and the behind the scenes disc for £7!

Dude, what the fuck? 5.9 for Beneath?! Are you crazy?

I agree with your score for Battle, though. It could've done with a bigger budget, but it really is a nice film to end the saga on. :)

Anyway, tonight, I watched Beneath the Planet of the Apes

This is my favourite film in the saga. Completely love this, and each and every character is one superb form in this:

Cornelius: "If they find you, they will dissect you and they will kill you - in that order!"

Hahaha.

"Freedom!"

"Peace!"

"Peace and Freedom!"

"Freedom!"

"Peace!"

"We want Freedom!"

"All things bright and wonderful

The Lord Bomb made them allll."

Fucking amazing.

The ending scene could possibly have been improved, but this really is a splendid film. :)

9/10 for me. :)

Dude, what the fuck? 5.9 for Beneath?! Are you crazy?

I agree with your score for Battle, though. It could've done with a bigger budget, but it really is a nice film to end the saga on. :)

Anyway, tonight, I watched Beneath the Planet of the Apes

This is my favourite film in the saga. Completely love this, and each and every character is one superb form in this:

Cornelius: "If they find you, they will dissect you and they will kill you - in that order!"

Hahaha.

"Freedom!"

"Peace!"

"Peace and Freedom!"

"Freedom!"

"Peace!"

"We want Freedom!"

"All things bright and wonderful

The Lord Bomb made them allll."

Fucking amazing.

The ending scene could possibly have been improved, but this really is a splendid film. :)

9/10 for me. :)

Well obviously Cornelius and Zhira were godly in this, but they had very little screen time.

Plus it got too bogged down in stuff that felt very anti-climactic. The various deaths...the end in general...I dunno. I didn't think they needed a Taylor wannabe as the main protagonist, when Charlton Heston was in it anyway.

I just think the first one dealt with the simian future more successfully, and everything looks worse when compared to the amazing 3rd film. :bowdown:

Well obviously Cornelius and Zhira were godly in this, but they had very little screen time.

Plus it got too bogged down in stuff that felt very anti-climactic. The various deaths...the end in general...I dunno. I didn't think they needed a Taylor wannabe as the main protagonist, when Charlton Heston was in it anyway.

I just think the first one dealt with the simian future more successfully, and everything looks worse when compared to the amazing 3rd film. :bowdown:

They needed the lesser screen time, imo. The film was more focused on "the unknown" and the solution to the problem created at the end of the first film. The future dominated by the Simians, and not humans.

I think the film did pretty well to show a different perspective, through Brent rather than Taylor. He was a different character, and I think they performed pretty well at the end as a duo. I really liked the film, especially the last quarter. :)

The third film is amazing, but I still think this is the best in the series. Bluddy amazing. :)

Yes, Suckers. Watch the Planet of the Apes films. :)

As me and Paj the Vaj have said, the boxset is going for 7 quid at HAITCH EM VEEEE. 7 quid, for 5 films, works out at 1 point something or other per film. Thats fucking insane, and you get quality for that. Surely you guys can spare 1 point something or other per film for these film at HMV?

I had never seen any of them, and had no interest in them really. Mildly interested in the Burton remake, since I liked his stuff, but not enough to buy it.

Then randomly, I was reading SFX in the school library, and they had a small thing about PotA due to Heston's passing (I think), and suddenly I felt an overwhelming urge to see it. So I went into town afterwards, and purely by coincidence, the entire series was reduced to £7!

I metaphorically came in my pants. Then a little bit literally.

Jeeees-us! I just finished watching Magnolia, fucking long film (3 hours and a half with adverts). Also a fucking good film, worth the time.

'But it did happen'

9 / 10

What else did I see lately

Super Troopers

Amusing enough

6.5 / 10

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

Liked it much more than I thought I would :D Brand is rather funny and all. And it reminded me of Lost in Translation for some reason. Except nowhere near as good. Still, i'd give

7.5 / 10