Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

Anchorman - 8.5/10.

Points deducted for getting that god awful Kansas song from the credits stuck in my head. So utterly ridiculous.

Also; Batman begins was a good 9/10 for me. But that might be because Batman is the best superhero ever.

SOMEONE POST VANTAGE POINT REVIEW.

Want to know if its good. Im seeing it on Wed unless someone posts that its awful blah.

I wouldn't say it was awful, alright really at best. To be honest me and my friend only went because Matthew Fox was in it so I can't really give a true review since I'm slightly biased. T

I would give it 7/10.

The Bard is the whole point of Kansas to be utterly ridiculous?

Little Miss Sunshine

I actually liked it. Not incredible, but it was a lot of fun and the ending was fairly inspired, if a little unsettling.

6/10

Eastern Promises

It was okay, would have been much worse if not for the direction of Mr. Cronenberg and the fantastic acting of Mr. Mortensen. The naked fight was fucking incredible, all the gutteral noises and continual stabbings. I would like to say that he was robbed at the Oscars, but Day-Lewis definately deserved it. Cronenberg however did not deserve the snub, his direction was fantastic, far better than the Coen's.

7/10

Crash

It hasn't finished yet but it didn't take me long to realise how much I hated this contrived artificial crap. Everyone is just so conveniently racist or stereotyped. Its so preachy it hurts.

4/10 - I'm giving it 4 simply because the acting in it manages to drag it out of the gutter.

But its just people crashing cars and having sex, and it has James Spader and David Cronenberg. What's so preachy and disgusting about that?

Ohhhh. That one.

Lol, I still haven't seen that Crash yet. I started watching it when it was on TV once but I wasn't in the mood for it...can't imagine why. :heh:

Little Miss Sunshine

I actually liked it. Not incredible, but it was a lot of fun and the ending was fairly inspired, if a little unsettling.

6/10

Exactly the score I predicted from thee, meister killthenet. :heh:

:heart:

Liar Liar

Jim Carrey stars as the Lawyer that cannot lie. Brilliant movie and one of Carreys best as well. 10/10

Do you like Huey Lewis and the news?

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercial and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far much more bitter, cynical sense of humour.

In '87, Huey released this, Fore, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip to be Square", a song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself.

*Oxigen_Waste bashes Jimbob in the head with an axe, and blood splatters over him*

Seriously... he had it coming, the heretic...

The Twilight Samurai: 9/10

Quite a simple story, yet very moving. Once I got used to the slower pacing I really enjoyed it. Tomorrow Yamada Yoji (the director) is coming to my university, I'll see if I can buy a dvd of one of his movies so I can get him to sign it. :smile:

Crash

It hasn't finished yet but it didn't take me long to realise how much I hated this contrived artificial crap. Everyone is just so conveniently racist or stereotyped. Its so preachy it hurts.

4/10 - I'm giving it 4 simply because the acting in it manages to drag it out of the gutter.

I love this movie so much though. Actually one of the few movies I've seen more than 3 times.

I cry everytime at the bit where the car goes on fire.

And yeah, it is pretty stereotyped and shit, but it's still an awesome movie.

I love this movie so much though. Actually one of the few movies I've seen more than 3 times.

I cry everytime at the bit where the car goes on fire.

And yeah, it is pretty stereotyped and shit, but it's still an awesome movie.

Yeah, I totally agree. I love it, just because it's all streotyped etc, doesn't make it shit. It's a good movie, no question.

Though I'm still pissed at it for winning the Oscar.