Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

Jurassic Park

Not watched this in about 8 years, and it still feels fresh. The scene's were u frist see the T-Rex and when that weird looking dinosaur spits poison in fatman's face are still scary! Bit annoyed that Richard Attenborough lost his scottish accent towards the middle of the film, and then all of a sudden it comes back to him at the end...

8/10

Atonement.

Hmm... what to say...

9/10

I guess that about sums it up.

Have you read the novel? I read it over Christmas, and thought it was utterly brilliant, but I have yet to see the film. I hear it's good, but I fail to see how it could be as good as the book.

/"What is this pink spider thing, and why do I have control of it?"

Because its massively over rated hopefully.

Lies. It deserves way more than a 6/10.

Donnie Darko

First time I've seen it, and thought it was pretty damn weird. Even though I didn't totally get it, there was something about it that I liked.

I'd give it 6/10. Might watch it again to understand it better.

I was a little confused after the first watch, it all seems much clearer the second time round. Watch it again!

Lies. It deserves way more than a 6/10.

It's a 7/10 at the most in my book but it loses a point for introducing us to that cover of Mad World. I must admit though its always baffled me when people say they dont understand Donnie Darko I understood it perfectly the first time I watched it, so I guess ive never had the eureka moment.

I just hate that people discuss Donnie Darko so much when it's so plainly obvious what the story means. Added to that the fact that people think its weird, when its not strange in the slightest.

Shortbus

Got it in the post today. Fantastic film, brilliantly funny and incredibly positive. Hope John Cameron Mitchell continues to make films this good.

8/10

I just hate that people discuss Donnie Darko so much when it's so plainly obvious what the story means. Added to that the fact that people think its weird, when its not strange in the slightest.

I just didn't really get Donnie Darko. And yes I thought it was quite weird. The fact that it is debated so much is because quite a few people don't really understand it and what the fuss is about. I don't think the film was "plainly obvious" at all, or "not strange in the slightest". Disagree with that alot.

Yeah, saying the movie is "obvious" is crap. Thats a completely untrue statement right there. Most reviews pointed out how utterly confusing it can be when it was released, and anyone I've shown the film to has stated the same.

The film is, in my opinion, brilliant. It's one of the only movies I've given a 10 in the thread. There's just so much to like about it. From the story, Frank, Donnie to the ending it's brilliant and it really does make you think. It poses so many questions about the universe and the soundtrack is fantastic. It's one of those movies you have to watch more than once to understand it fully. I mean, the first time I thought it was alright, nothing special (I was pretty young). Though, my opinion completely changed when I watched it again.

Shortbus

Got it in the post today. Fantastic film, brilliantly funny and incredibly positive. Hope John Cameron Mitchell continues to make films this good.

8/10

He made Hedwig and the Angry Inch which is fun, if not camper than Shortbus at least. Dunno if you've seen.

Because its massively over rated hopefully.

Word.

The film gets a huge plus for some of the soundtrack. The use of Love Will Tear Us Apart, for example.

However, the film is hugely over-rated. There seems to be a specific crowd that do it, as well. "OMG, GARDEN STATEEEEEE!"

Lost in Translation was on the telly earlier, and I watched it, again. However, my housemate, the annoying prick that he is, banged on the wall telling me to turn my tv down, despite the sound being so quiet that only dolphins or small animals could pick up what the FUCK the characters were saying. I hate that guy, it was quarter past 11 on a Friday-fucking-Night. Pisses me off.

Despite all this, I love the film. It kinda makes me sad when I think about it. :(

Great use of music, again. Especially with the Jesus and Mary Chain being used for the finale.

8.5/10 for me. :)

Shortbus

8/10

All hail Shortbus and it's fantastic take on human sexuality.

Oldboy

Hard to describe it, even though it's the 3rd time I watch it. So,

OMGWTFBBQ BLOODY BRILLIANT/10

It was weird seeing it on TV... it's not the type of movie you expect to see on a so called family channel. :heh:

ALSO:

All this nonsense about Donnie Darko. It's quite easy to understand it, and anyone who claims otherwise should just stick to watching White Chicks. Apart from that, the movie has a fairly good plot, fantastic characters and quite a charming little take on life. I, for one, like it very much... so:

8/10

Why does everyone think that just cos some of us don't understand Donnie Darko, that we should stick to watching films like White Chicks? What the hell are you on about? It doesn't mean we are retarded or simple minded. We just didn't get the movie. I'm sure there are movies or even games that you didn't enjoy or understand totally despite everyone banging on about it.

So shut the hell up with those kinda remarks. I hate that so much.

All this nonsense about Donnie Darko. It's quite easy to understand it, and anyone who claims otherwise should just stick to watching White Chicks. Apart from that, the movie has a fairly good plot, fantastic characters and quite a charming little take on life. I, for one, like it very much... so:

8/10

I think thats a bit crap tbh. I watched it when I was 10 and a bit, and really didn't understand much of it, which is why I just sort of forgot about it. When I watched it the second time earlier this year, it made so much more sense.

People I've shown it too, they've got it after a few minutes, but it takes them a few minutes to think about it and work out what exactly happened.

@Baboo, just watch it again, I'm sure you'll enjoy it more if you do.:)

(*is ashamed that when he watched White Chicks he giggled a few times* :p )

I think thats a bit crap tbh. I watched it when I was 10 and a bit, and really didn't understand much of it, which is why I just sort of forgot about it. When I watched it the second time earlier this year, it made so much more sense.

People I've shown it too, they've got it after a few minutes, but it takes them a few minutes to think about it and work out what exactly happened.

@Baboo, just watch it again, I'm sure you'll enjoy it more if you do.:)

(*is ashamed that when he watched White Chicks he giggled a few times* :p )

Yeah, but if you were ten, I understand that you don't get it. Baboo's 18.

Why does everyone think that just cos some of us don't understand Donnie Darko, that we should stick to watching films like White Chicks? What the hell are you on about? It doesn't mean we are retarded or simple minded. We just didn't get the movie. I'm sure there are movies or even games that you didn't enjoy or understand totally despite everyone banging on about it.

So shut the hell up with those kinda remarks. I hate that so much.

Well, if not getting the movie doesn't mean you're simple minded, what does it mean then? It's either that or I'd have to call you dumb. And don't come to me saying that that's unrelated... the movie's not supposed to be hard to understand, so if you didn't understand it, I'd say that's your problem. I mean, one thing is not understanding why people like something... no understanding the thing itself, well... that's a whole different subject there.

And I'm dead serious about my suggestion. I really meant it. Regardless of wether you hate or not, it's m suggestion to you.