N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

Mcoy watched Troy the other night, he gives it 7.4 out of 10.1

Why the 3rd person?

It makes me want to slap you with a kipper.

----

Alien: Ressurection - Special Edition

Maybe it's better because of the specialness of the version I just watched, but it's better than I remembered. Certainly better than the third one. If only the third had better effects, it would edge this out.

8/10

Eastern Promises

Decent gangster film. Worthy plot for a crime drama and a script to match. Cronenberg did a good job portraying a gritty, dark and realistic London, and I liked the whole part of tattoos & the Russian mafia. One large critisism of it I have though, is that, even though the main focus was supposed to be around Viggo's character, I was much more engaged by Naomi Watt's character, which sort of threw me of a little. Still a good film, though.

7.5/10

See, I thought she was flat ('more of a preachy moral touchstone than a real character'). I much preferred Nickolai. But there you go.

The Naked Gun

100% sidesplitting humour throughout. Leslie Neilson stars as Frank Drebin. The first one is the best one in my opinion. Great storyline to it and great supporting cast as well.

10/10

Tonights movie is Die Hard 4.0, shall rate it later.

Why the 7.5? Where's the 9, 9.5 or 10? :shakehead

I don't give tens.

The longness of it really. I have a short attention span, I'll admit it. It felt like it was dragging a bit at times. I know, its more realistic to have these long lingering scenes, but did we really need to hear him stir his tea for two minutes. Someone would have spoke. Oh and the telephone at the start knocked it down a mark. That got annoying.

And the fact the intermission was about an hour before the end, it was like 3/4 of the way through the film. Surely it should be around the centre (and should be where the discs have to change over).

I don't give tens.

The longness of it really. I have a short attention span, I'll admit it. It felt like it was dragging a bit at times. I know, its more realistic to have these long lingering scenes, but did we really need to hear him stir his tea for two minutes. Someone would have spoke. Oh and the telephone at the start knocked it down a mark. That got annoying.

And the fact the intermission was about an hour before the end, it was like 3/4 of the way through the film. Surely it should be around the centre (and should be where the discs have to change over).

Don't give tens? Well, then, your 9.5=10, if you don't give tens, 9.5 would be your highest possible score, so where is it? :D lol

Ah-ah, you have the two disc-version!!! Shame on you!!!

Anyway, the tea scene is fantastic, so is the overall pace of the movie, and quite honestly, it should've been 15 mins longer, some scenes felt a bit rushed.

Don't give tens? Well, then, your 9.5=10, if you don't give tens, 9.5 would be your highest possible score, so where is it? :D lol

Ah-ah, you have the two disc-version!!! Shame on you!!!

Anyway, the tea scene is fantastic, so is the overall pace of the movie, and quite honestly, it should've been 15 mins longer, some scenes felt a bit rushed.

Meh. It was a gangster film. Not really fond of them.

And no I don't own it, classmate does. (and why is it shame on me for owning the two disc anyway?)

And I could give a 9.8 :p But regardless. Nothing is perfect.

Its a personal score, I personally don't really like films anywho.

Meh. It was a gangster film. Not really fond of them.

And no I don't own it, classmate does. (and why is it shame on me for owning the two disc anyway?)

And I could give a 9.8 :p But regardless. Nothing is perfect.

Its a personal score, I personally don't really like films anywho.

Relax, I was just kidding... and the two disc thig is shameful because you.... have to get up to change the disc halfway through! Ah-ah! :yay: lol

Relax, I was just kidding... and the two disc thig is shameful because you.... have to get up to change the disc halfway through! Ah-ah! :yay: lol

I WILL NOT RELAX!! :p

Disc switching at least gave a natural point for a break though.

Same here. I can't think of a single gangster film I enjoyed watching, apart from The Departed. And that wasn't really your typical gangster film anyway.

Mhm. And we're watching Scarface (1932 it says, so im guessing theres an original...I dunno) next week too. Although my friend had the idea of going in dressed as gangsters. Would make it fun.