N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

The Fountain

Freaking amazing, awesome concepts and its deep without shoving it down people's throats. Clint Mansell delivers musically as always and Hugh Jackman is one hell of an actor.

One thing that bothered me, more cultural than about the movie is that they always depict Spain as a huge empire and totally ignore Portugal which was even bigger.

Darren Aronofsky really is an incredible director. I really dug the concept of The Fountain and tbh I feel like it is completely ahead of its time. Like this film will not be accessible to the masses for some time and then people one day will revisit and be like "daaaam this is good!"

Requiem For A Dream is still his best movie though, prolli best insight to the dark world of drug abuse ever made!

Yeah Requiem is amazing. VEERY disturbing, but jaw dropping. My least favourite Aronofsky movie is PI and it's still amazing.

That's not true. Spain was always bigger than us. But yeah, they kinda ignored Portugal... the bastards.

No, it wasn't we had a bigger empire than them (at times)and discovered much more things than them, yet they still are seen as the ones who discovered everything. O

No, it wasn't we had a bigger empire than them (at times)and discovered much more things than them, yet they still are seen as the ones who discovered everything. O

Actually no... they always had a bigger empire and discoreved more things.

I mean, they had California, Florida, Mexico and the Whole central and southern America except brazil. We had Brazil, Moçambique, Guiné, S. Tomé E Príncipe, Angola, Macau & Timor. That's least than half of the Spanish Empire.

And about the discoveries, it's actually nationalist propaganda, they started discoverging at the same time we did and at the same rate, and seen that they had double the territory, I think it's only fair that they get more recognition than we do.

After The Weinsteins decided we wouldnt get Grindhouse, how it was intended to be shown. I er aquired it, was pretty good. Planet Terror much better than Death Proof though. I found Death Proof pretty boring in places. I wouldnt really classify it as a B movie either. Planet Terror on the other hand was all kinds of awesome it had everything that a lame B movie should have. Stupid plot, Guns, Boobs, Over the top violence all in abundance. Top notch, its a shame we wont get a proper Cinema release over here. Hopefully we get a DVD though. 7/10 overall, Planet Terror 8/10 Death Proof 6/10

Actually no... they always had a bigger empire and discoreved more things.

I mean, they had California, Florida, Mexico and the Whole central and southern America except brazil. We had Brazil, Moçambique, Guiné, S. Tomé E Príncipe, Angola, Macau & Timor. That's least than half of the Spanish Empire.

And about the discoveries, it's actually nationalist propaganda, they started discoverging at the same time we did and at the same rate, and seen that they had double the territory, I think it's only fair that they get more recognition than we do.

That's not quite right, that was after Tratado of Tordesilhas I think, but it's not exactly the right thread to discuss this :P

First off, Who gives a fuck what they (comic book nerds) think? Second off, your late thats already been posted twice in other threads.

Thats Fish's opinion let him have it. Die Hard 4.0 is a straight up crowd pleaser and I think that is evident by 9/10 people who seen it, droppin positive reviews in this thread...

Funny, what you say and what you do don't quite match up. Fish can have his opinion, but the guys at Penny Arcade and I can't? And comic book nerds? You're on a video game forum, pot, kettle, blackness anyone? And because something's been posted elsewhere, I can't post it here, despite it being in direct relevance to something in this thread? Please don't tell me what I can and cannot do on a forum I administrate or you'll be out of here so fast your fucking head will spin. And trust me, there've been discussions about you staff-side, I'd get little objection.

Your completely entitled to your opinion on Die hard, but you didnt exactly give it did you. Jus looked like you shat on what fish said, with information from some random site.
I didn't "shat on what fish said", all I was showing was a conflicting argument to see what Fish thought... I didn't say it in a malicious or argumentative way. I like the Fish and would've gone into a discussion with him about it. That's the difference between me and you, you are quick to be hostile, while I'm just here to have a discussion and administrate.
Making threats over me saying who cares what a comic book site thinks, is pretty damn hilarious
actually the threat stemmed from a few things, firstly: swearing at me, then mocking me by saying I was late. two: my already being in a very bad mood this afternoon. finally: remembering arguments from way back when the music thread was closed that lead to discussions of banning.

People around here are so impolite to the staff that they think they can just walk all over us. Personally I am just at my wits end and you pushed me. Don't tempt me to go ahead and ban you, please....

If you have any more to say to me do it by PM.

Now lets get back to talking about the last films we saw, eh.

No, I haven't seen Die Hard 4.0, and as it happens, I don't even have a negative opinion of it. In fact, I don't have an opinion of it at all. In fact, I would quite like to see it, I loved the first three. I think you've read too much into what I've posted. All I was posting was a conflicting opinion for the sake of discussion.

And one thing has to be cleared up: you may have a low opinion of the guys at Penny-Arcade. But I don't. I'm one of those people that always reads Tycho's news posts and appreciates his ability as a witty and succinct writer, I'm an English student and a writer myself, after all. To me, his opinion is often as valid as a star rating review from a game or movie magazine. That's why it was relevant to me, that's why I posted it. And the comment was not regarding the whole movie, only the "hacking" parts. Even PA seemed to be admitting that it was an enjoyable action-fest of a popcorn-muncher, and I will no doubt think the same.

Tell you what, let's, at the very least and for the sake of the thread, drop the argument about Penny-Arcade and postpone our little battle until I've seen the film, yeah?

Transformers

9.4/10

I cant even say anything other than "The absolute dogs fucking bollocks"

Best film this year so far. (Until Knocked Up and Superbad, I predict)

so its great? awesome. Oh and knocked up is a pretty great comedy.

well, ive said it before but regardless of what the comic says, the penny arcade writters did enjoy the film.

and also the actual hacking scenes (which i have no idea how accurate they are) are seperate from the fbi scenes, which the comic satiers.

but to be honest, if the hacking was the least belivable part of the film to any one then id surgest they don't have kids. even if the film was great.

so its great? awesome. Oh and knocked up is a pretty great comedy.

I cant wait for Knocked Up. Trailer blew me away and I love Seth Rogen.

Transformers is wicked sick cool. But I am a huge Shia fan anyway, but hes awesome so its understandable. Oh...and....Meggan Fox. Nuff said.

Saw 2 good movies today:

Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix: Good film. Much better than the other Potter films, action scenes much improved. Better than expected. 8/10

Disturbia: Good film as well. Pretty tense and scary but very funny also. Shia Leboeuf FTW!!! 8/10

Next up: Transformers & The Simpsons!!!

Saw 2 good movies today:

Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix: Good film. Much better than the other Potter films, action scenes much improved. Better than expected. 8/10

Disturbia: Good film as well. Pretty tense and scary but very funny also. Shia Leboeuf FTW!!! 8/10

Next up: Transformers & The Simpsons!!!

Can't wait for disturbia. Looks awesome.

Did you see him in Even Stevens? Its a Disney series and he played the main character.....that was the first time I saw him and immediately I fell in love.....lol just kidding. But I do rate him as a young actor.

Did you see him in Even Stevens? Its a Disney series and he played the main character.....that was the first time I saw him and immediately I fell in love.....lol just kidding. But I do rate him as a young actor.

Even stevens!!! I loved that show.

Word! I cant wait for Disturbia!

Yes! Id go as far as to say hes my favourite actor now.

I was trying to work out who Shia Leabouf was and then I realised and I was like what no no no what! but how? why? and I then I thought eh you're completely mental but that is none of my concern.

Jack Nicholson is probably my favourite actor btw. Overacting ftw

LeBouf was good in "Holes" bit annoying in everything else. Seems he's become the darling of Hollywood, Spielberg especially.

The Boss Of It All

Fairly quirky comedy from Lars Von Trier, also a fairly conventional film by Von Trier's standards. The only unconventional aspect is the gimmicky way in which it was shot, with the camera controlled by a computer, which chose all of the shots. Other than a few odd camera angles, the film is just a straight forward and enjoyable comedy.

7/10

Funny, the guys at Penny-Arcade were of a slightly different opinion.

Ironically, I have no memory of that line in the film. If I remembered it as Penny Arcade do, I would take their (and possibly your) opinion.

I personally didn't really give a shit about the computer stuff (I'm more interested about the action).

Regardless of what the hacking in the film actually was, at least it was a valiant attempt by the makers do have something a little more complex than password guessing.

Jus looked like you shat on what fish said, with information from some random site.

Eh? When the hell did this happen? All he did was show an alternative opinion to a line a in the film, which regards computers. This is also a line I don't remember, and judging by it's...inaccuracy...I feel if I remembered it, I would have judged the computing parts of the film differently to how I did.

I like the Fish

The feeling is mutual. :)

I dont get the Shia Lebouef love, I mean everything he has been in that I have seen has been utterly awful. Not even in a yeah I can understand why some people would like this way. It's all been utterly shit. Actualy he was in an episode of Freaks And Geeks, but apart from that.

Constantine

I, Robot

Disturbia

Charlies Angels: Full throttle

Dumb And Dumberer

All horrendous films that should never have been made. I havent seen Transformers yet however.