NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Just saw Ice Age 2, no way as good as the first. Queen Latifah made it shit.

Just saw it today too; thought it was okay. The first one is overrated anyway.

I think I give this one a 7/10, had some laughs through it.

Brazil. Basically it's a romantic comedy set in George Orwells 1984. (and it doesn't have a happy ending.) It has the greatest cast. Ever. Featuring Jonathan Price, Robert De Niro, Bob Hoskins, Jim Broadbent, Katheriene Helmond, Ian Holm, Kim Greist and Michael Palin. Who plays a cold-blooded interrigator, a man who enjoys nothing more then a quiet night with his loving family after a long hard day of tearing "terroists" teeth out and sticking huge pins through their eyes, ears and brain to get them to "confess."

Oh, and boy oh boy, just you wait until you see the battle sequence with the giant neon samurai. Terry Gilliam is a fucking genius. GENIUS. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

10/10

Transporter 2

It was ok, but no way near as good as the first one. It was just over the top and kicked reality out the window. The way he removes the bomb from his car was too much.

No films on TV tonight, the Day of the Jackal on BBC4 is apparently very good.. 1973 though, not sure if I could handle such an old film.

ITV2 has Wasabi, not rated but it's an action comedy probably trying to ride the wave of the success of Rush Hour 1 and 2.

Just remembered I watched Fight Club last night. I love that film. in my top 10.

Jarhead! Absolutely fantastic film this. It's about War but it's not very serious in my opinion. I thought it was quite funny as half of them don't seem to have a clue what they are doing. Still there is a serious side to it but i thought there was a dark humour to it all.

Jamie Foxx and Jake Gyllenhaal were great! 8/10 : peace:

Only problem is it doesn't work on any of my DVD players (even thought they are region-free, so i have to watch it on my PC).

V for Vendetta. Brilliant film, I was stunned. One of my fave movies so far.

Saw The Pink Panther (2006 v.) tother day. Was alright but nothing special, few funny bits but most was just slapstick humour and was fairly predictable, still a million times better than Syriana though!

5/10

Stop hating on Syriana, or at least give a reason besides it not being an action film and having subtitles.

It was a very well balanced film and Jonathon Ross gave it an exceptional review, George Clooney is a solid actor and while the film was not orthodox it still deserves much merit.

It was not billed as an action film or anything that caters to your average film goer.. they didn't want to glamourise it and that's why Hollywood studios wouldn't back it.

In the end the owner of eBay coughed up the money for the film to be made and if it wasn't for him we wouldn't have the film.

No offense but if you didn't understand it, or wanted something else from it you should have checked up on the film before you gave away your money.

I think anyone with a vague interest in the war in Iraq would be enthralled by the 6 point perspective this film has to offer, it's not something you get every day.

I've not seen it yet so don't take my word as gospel but I'm near certain that this is a much better film than 0/10.. I think it's more likely in the range 7/10.

Obviously don't bother if you're not interested in any kind of politics- as it clearly hasn't been dumbed down like the films from Michael Moore have been.

Though they themselves are not without merit I think it's a case of apples and oranges

I watched Happy Gilmore on DVD last night. Piss-funny, especially when he rips the shirt off the guy and then punches him. 9/10.

Stop hating on Syriana, or at least give a reason besides it not being an action film and having subtitles.

It was a very well balanced film and Jonathon Ross gave it an exceptional review, George Clooney is a solid actor and while the film was not orthodox it still deserves much merit.

It was not billed as an action film or anything that caters to your average film goer.. they didn't want to glamourise it and that's why Hollywood studios wouldn't back it.

I've watched loads of stuff that doesn't have much action, etc but still enjoyed it, this however was just dull to the extreme. I can't help the fact that I didn't enjoy it, or rather hated it, I just did, and it's not as if I'm jumping on some bandwagon and following other peoples thoughts because as you said most people seem to enjoy it!

No offense but if you didn't understand it, or wanted something else from it you should have checked up on the film before you gave away your money.

I think anyone with a vague interest in the war in Iraq would be enthralled by the 6 point perspective this film has to offer, it's not something you get every day.

I was told by a couple of my mates who really wanted to go see it that it was a political thriller, Now I'm sorry but I don't feel that being told that the oil industry drives greed and hatred and that people/corporations will go to extremes to win contracts/make mulah particularly thrilling, to be honest I already knew this and the same message could have been portrayed in 5 minutes! Also all the multi story malarky didn't really add much to it at all, infact if anything it just made it harder to follow, which in my opinion was completely unessacery.

I've not seen it yet so don't take my word as gospel but I'm near certain that this is a much better film than 0/10.. I think it's more likely in the range 7/10.

Obviously don't bother if you're not interested in any kind of politics- as it clearly hasn't been dumbed down like the films from Michael Moore have been.

Though they themselves are not without merit I think it's a case of apples and oranges

I'm sorry, what? You make some big statement about how I should stop hating a film, which I have actually spent time and money on going to see, and that it deserves a good rating then drop the bombshell that you haven't even seen it yourself!? Well I suggest you do actually go and see it, if you enjoy it then fine, but don't start slamming my opinions untill you've taken the effort to see it yourslef!

I watched Happy Gilmore on DVD last night. Piss-funny, especially when he rips the shirt off the guy and then punches him. 9/10.

Hahaha I love that film, that alligator fight was hilarious.

Twilight link at least you've explained yourself- I stand corrected.

But with regard to the rating 0/10 goes to films that are shit. Stuff that you don't even hear about.. stuff that goes straight to DVD it sucks so hard, or worse still ends up in the Poundland DVD bin.

Syriana does not deserve 0/10.

http://www.metacritic.com/film/titles/syriana

76/100 from the 'established' media

8.1/10 from the voters.

Your review deviates so much from the averages of 270 other people and various publications.. and your justification was that it was boring and hard to follow, seems pretty harsh.

I'll rent it or something and check it out for myself..

I just rewatched Scary Movie. 10/10 as far as mindless, easy to watch comedy goes. Its a shame the 2 sequels go from bad to horrible.

V for Vendetta - 9/10

Great story about a 'nazi' UK. Natalie Portman and Hugo Weaving are bother awesome in it.

Hahaha I love that film, that alligator fight was hilarious.

Twilight link at least you've explained yourself- I stand corrected.

But with regard to the rating 0/10 goes to films that are shit. Stuff that you don't even hear about.. stuff that goes straight to DVD it sucks so hard, or worse still ends up in the Poundland DVD bin.

Ah yes but at this moment in time I cannot think of a film that I liked less than Syriana, this is why it is bottom of my scale! If in the future I am unfortunate to watch a film that I feel is worse then that will get the 0/10 and Syriana shall move up!

Sky Captain And The World Of Tomorrow.

Excellent film, with an interesting plot, great CGI, great acting from A-grade actors like Jude Law and some others which I forgot their names, a lovely soundtrack to go with it. Plus, how its done is just like an hybrid of a 30's/40's comic, a 30's/40's Sci-fi movie, today's Sci-fi movies, and today's technology (for the CGI). For all action and Sci-fi fans.

10/10.

DOOM 2/10

wtf man been wanting to see this for ages since a few mates said its pretty good...i couldnt get into it found it very boring and not much good action bits...terrible acting as well...surprising of the rock as he is a good actor :(

Into the blue

10/10 just for jessica alba. *goes off into dream*

Watched Howls moving Castle last night...just Wow, Amazing Piece of Film, a 9/10 for me, It did get annoying throughout the film, nothing to do with the film though just my dvd player playing sily buggers and having this thing at the top asking which view i wanted it at, the normal animated version, or the sketched version o0 I was wondering what the hell was going on when I wonderrde what it did. But anyways, was a Brilliant film, a film I could watch again and again.

Hopefully going to watch Zombie Holocaust this week, Zombie films, my fave Horror type so it's got to be cool.

Master And Commander

2/10

Bullshit. Very slow, little action, doesn't deserve the attention it got.

DOOM 2/10

wtf man been wanting to see this for ages since a few mates said its pretty good...i couldnt get into it found it very boring and not much good action bits...terrible acting as well...surprising of the rock as he is a good actor :(

Actually I think it's a pretty watchable. movie. It doesn't want to be more than it can be, so it's just a mindless action movie. And for a movie like that it's pretty cool. The OST is awesome and the FPS part is great.

Napolean Dynamite - 7/10

It was alright, but all the hype made it seem like it was going to be The.Best.Thing.Ever.

Jarhead! Absolutely fantastic film this. It's about War but it's not very serious in my opinion. I thought it was quite funny as half of them don't seem to have a clue what they are doing. Still there is a serious side to it but i thought there was a dark humour to it all.

Jamie Foxx and Jake Gyllenhaal were great! 8/10 : peace:

Only problem is it doesn't work on any of my DVD players (even thought they are region-free, so i have to watch it on my PC).

The main problem with jarhead is that its just Full Metal Jacket.