NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Resident Evil Apocalypse

One of the worst films I have ever seen - the zombies look particulary not-dead, the plot is meningless and stupid and has nothing in common with any of the Resi games, the acting is trash, and - Wesker save us all - the Nemisis kung-fu fights. Believe me, it's not anywhere near as funny as it sounds. Avoid like the T-virus itself, even (or more accuretly, especially) if your a HUGE Resident Evil fan.

2/10

hitchhikers guide to the galaxy.

piss funny film. went off the book after half way through.which brought down the score for me. overall though i loved the song at he begining, thanks for all the fish, hilarious..

7.5/10

Just saw Run Lola Run.

Was absolutely awesome, and completely different to normal types of films.

Firstly it a flim showing three different versions of an event, all when something slightly different happens each time which comepletely alter the events.

Plus it was in German, with English subs, but I don't have a problem with that but I know some people automatically wright off, and bemoan films that aren't in English.... *ignorant idiots*

9/10 A great film, a breath of fresh air. Recommend it to anyone.

Only minus is that it's only just over an hour long.

Only £6 here: http://www.dvd.co.uk/product.asp?fs=froogle&id=CDR29501

Totally agree with you on everything said Laguna. Fantastic film, shame like you said, people are not prepared to watch a film because its "foreign".

Mysterious Skin - 8/10

Granted for the second time. Just had an urge to watch it last night. Definatly a powerful movie, but I found (much like the books) I didn't really care for the Brian storyline. Sure the first time I watched/read it fine but the second time it was late so I just skipped past them.

As I said, powerful, shocking, disturbing and moving, well worth watching if you can handle the storyline. The ending its one of those perfectly fucked-up endings (well the character Neil realises hes fucked up Brian's life for his own pleasure).

I just saw OSS 117. It was a toss up between that, Wild or Horribilis (Slither I think that one is) and OSS was a good call. Cheesy, amusing and a nice watch. And most important of all tonights criteria, it wasnt dubbed... bliss!

A stonking 8.5/10

Narnia (again)

8/10 like LoTR but not as drawn out

King Kong

10/10 3 hours of pure bliss

Seen a few lately:

Identity: Average horror with nice twist at the end, 4/10

American beauty: Loved it, quite funny aswell, must see, 8/10

Ichi the killer: Japanese thriller, below average, over the top on gore but ok none the less. 5/10

Aviator: Didnt like it, too long, didnt watch till the end, wont give a score because of that.

Ladder 49: Crap 1/10

Ray: The ray charles film, i'm a fan so this was a good watch, very interresting movie, similar to Malcom x in its way of portraying his life. 9/10

Have a list that i am waiting to watch including: City of God, Se7en, The eye 2, R-point, Das boot, The lover, Notting Hill, Hitch, Pocco Rosso, the village, hostel, donnie brasco and man on fire which i am gonna watch now, rating and comments will come =)

Seen a few lately:

Identity: Average horror with nice twist at the end, 4/10

American beauty: Loved it, quite funny aswell, must see, 8/10

Ichi the killer: Japanese thriller, below average, over the top on gore but ok none the less. 5/10

Aviator: Didnt like it, too long, didnt watch till the end, wont give a score because of that.

Ladder 49: Crap 1/10

Ray: The ray charles film, i'm a fan so this was a good watch, very interresting movie, similar to Malcom x in its way of portraying his life. 9/10

Have a list that i am waiting to watch including: City of God, Se7en, The eye 2, R-point, Das boot, The lover, Notting Hill, Hitch, Pocco Rosso, the village, hostel, donnie brasco and man on fire which i am gonna watch now, rating and comments will come =)

City of god is an awesome film, one of my all time favourites watch it.

Crocodile Dundee (ITV2 last night)

10/10

This is one of my all time favourite movies (as are the other 2 )

"That's not a knife, THIS is a knife"

Logan's Run yesterday on 4. It's a classic film, but I stopped about an hour in to watch Neighbours. Then couldn't get back into it after. I've seen it before and for the time it was made it's a solid film. 8/10

Rewatched Infernal Affairs again with some mates last Saturday. Awesome film. It's a really great thriller to watch, interesting story, great characters. It's basically about a mole from the Triads who sneaks into the police and a undercover cop who sneaks into the Triads and they end up having a mission to try and find each other. Very good!

8.5/10

There is also a film called Lady Vengeance by the same director, i'm waiting for that to be released on dvd. (i wonder if its the sequel)

Anyway i watched the cell last night, had a nice atmosphere and i loved its twisted set pieces, but boy did it bore me... bore me to tears.

2 Stars

None of the films are actually linked. The director wanted to do a trilogy of vengeance films. These are Mr Vengeance, Oldboy and Lady Vengeance. He just felt like doing three vengeance films and people have decided to call them his trilogy.

I watched Oldboy last..man it's good. seriously dark, dark movie but easily one of the best I've ever seen. utterly facinating.

10/10.

*runs off to find more korean cinema*

I watched Oldboy last..man it's good. seriously dark, dark movie but easily one of the best I've ever seen. utterly facinating.

10/10.

*runs off to find more korean cinema*

Awesome film. The ending was fantastic.

I've seen quite a few films recently...

The King of Comedy- 7/10

I liked it. It's one of those films which is perfect to watch on a saturday afternoon. Not mind-blowing, but still.

Glengarry Glen Ross- 8/10

Very good, but not enough swearing.

Raging Bull- 6/10

Pffft. What a disapointment. I mean it was good, but I was sort of expecting to be blown away by it (I know I shouldn't have, but still). I'll probably like it more if I saw it again, which I probably will for some reason.

Once Upon a Time in the West- 5/10

Bought it the other day since it was only a fiver it's directed by the same guy who did the dollars trilogy and A Fistful of Dynamite, but it turned out to be one of those films which is nearly 3 hours long, but could have been done in an hour. I spent most of it looking at my watch waiting for something to happen. Having said that, the plot was pretty good, as was the acting, and I'd do the leading lady (well, back then when she was young, not now). Maybe 5 was a bit harsh.

Lost in Translation

8/10

It was alright, i liked it for the way they shot tokyo, gave me a bit more detail on how it looks, the whole romance between bill and scarlett didnt really grab me but i enjoyed bill murrays performance.

a great film to watch if you plan on going japan soon.

Robocop2

I actually thought I was buying Robocop1 because of a display that covered the lower part of the DVD box, where the 2 was and I also had Phoenix Wright on my mind so I didn't look to closely.

Well the first half of the film is decent but then it's just some over the top predictable action and that from the guy who directed SW The Empire Strikes Back.

I have yet to see the original but I think it will be pretty good, after all it's a Paul Verhoeven :)

The second half really ruined this film for me, it could really end after 50mins and would be pretty ok then but this way I'll give it a

2/10

I watched Father of the Bride.

Not the first time i've seen this film, but i still like it all the same. Steve Martin does a pretty good job in this, and this film does have its moments.

7/10 :)

Dodgeball

I wasn't expecting much but it wasn't bad afterall, some bits were pretty funny and all the guess appearances were a nice surprise. It was good to see Ben Stiller as the hated guy for once. There's a bit of a twist towards the end as well so it wasn't as predictable as it could have been. 7/10

silent hill - ignore all the reviews from newspapers. trust me this film is sooooooo good i cant stress it enough. i wasnt expecting it to be this good. with some really tense and scary moments this is so much like you're playing a game. its really good and with a good storyline. its convincing aswell, with finally a good ending for a horror film. the best game to film adaptation yet also. i give it 10/10

Black Hawk Down

I'm not really a big fan of war films but I saw this on TV a few years ago and now have got it for DVD and must say I really liked it. Although it doesn't have a great message and isn't as shocking as it used to be two years ago (for me) it's still a great movie. The place feels so authentic and there is no over the top action, it also earned an oscar for the camera and it really deserves that. I also like the cast a lot and that no actor stands out too much above the others.

If there were a little less street fighting scenes and a comment on war or particularly that mission it would be outstanding.

But if you haven't seen it yet I can really recommend it.

7.5/10

I watched Collateral Damage today. It's got Arnie in it, so that was awesome. ;)

Not an amazing film, pretty average really. I give it 5/10. He's been in much better films.

I watched Collateral Damage today. It's got Arnie in it, so that was awesome. ;)

Not an amazing film, pretty average really. I give it 5/10. He's been in much better films.

on the other hand, he does kill his enemy with a fireaxe.

axe/10

on the other hand, he does kill his enemy with a fireaxe.

axe/10

That's true. A damn good moment, that was.

There just weren't any classic one-liners from Arnie that spring to mind in this movie. No "uzi 9 millimetre" (for Eevil;)) and no "Who is your daddy? And what does he do?"

watching a late-night 'skinemax' movie called Scorned. Like most other late-night movies, this one employs the seductive blonde who seeks sexual revenge on a married man by sleeping with his son, drugging his wife, and killing his maid. The formula never gets old! 10/10

i think the best weapon throwing at person moment is in robin hood, when freeman throws his sabre at the witch

SHE FLIES

that makes the film 8/10 (i dont like costner)