NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

V is for Vendetta

Went to see this with the Mrs and my best + his g/f. Some action bits were really good but when theres no action going on i found the story pretty borin :S.

6/10

*next on cards "Scary movie 4"*

Braindead i guess, or one of other peter jacksons other films.

Yup, you got it. That was the first Peter Jackson film I ever saw. It was on TV last week so it was also the last. I havent seen Bad Taste yet though.

Die Hard

Easily one of the best action movies ever made. it's slick, tense, well acted, written and cast.

10/10

Garden State 8/10

I really liked this film. Its funny but not in a completely obvious way. Apart from the one of the best lines ever: "Somebody's pissing on my GameCube". The African dude said, I forgot his name. The reason its not a 9 is because it gets really chick flicky at the end.

Wallace and Gromit: Curse of the were-rabbit.

An excellent film, much better than that crap Shrek, and its very funny. 10/10.

The transporter DVD boxset, 1 and 2.

Currently I've only seen 1.. but as far as mindless action movies go it's pretty average.. I don't see the appeal of them often, but this is not up to the standards of Die Hard or Mission Impossible.

The transporter would get an extra 3 points if the music wasn't so shit.. it has class and the chase scenes are authentic.. all the good hallmarks of a film that has a lot of effort put into it- whoever did the music should be shot.

The only people who would enjoy the music in this film are pilled up chavs.

3/10.

GoldenEye is on ITV2 in ten minutes for those looking for something to do.

I introduced my girlfriend to Ghostbusters 1 and 2, after i found the dvds for £2.99 each in Virgin Megastore.

10/10. They were my favourite films as a kid, and i still love watching them to this very day. Bill Murray is a genius and some of his facial expressions are hilarious.

"Ray, when someone asks you "are you a God", you say "YES!""

:)

The Constant Gardener- 8/10

Very good. Slow moving, but also very intriguing, gripping, and also quite powerful. Plus Wiesz has an arse which is asking to be spanked.

Goodfellas (again)- 9/10

Better the second time around

The Wedding Crashers

I wasn't expecting much after reading some negative reviews but I liked it, there's a few funny bits and a good story. Worth a watch.

Goodfellas (again)- 9/10

Better the second time around

Good call my favourite film of all time.

I watched Wag The Dog the other day, good performaces as ever by Robert De Niro and Dustin Hoffman. The plot has Robert De Niro as the presidents spin doctor, 11 days before the election the president is spoted groping a girl. So Bobby conjours up a fake war with albania in order for the sleeze to blow over until after the election, Dustin Hoffman is a tv show producer who is hired to oversea all the fake news reports and stuff.

A pretty novel idea for a film and its pretty funny at times I reccomend it 7/10

The transporter 2.

As above pretty much, the music wasn't as bad, and the story had a few more twists than the first- pretty rad though again not as engrossing as your general box office action blockbuster.

I really wish I didn't have this boxset in my collection now.. heh, guess it will come in handy if I ever have chavs as guests.

5/10

Everyone should watch some kung fu.

If you have a look around on the torrent (torrentspy) websites theres a .torrent of the BBC4 shows 'Asian Invasion' by Jonathon Ross and I'm absolutely loving it. So many cool films to check out atm.

- Don't download these unless you pay your TV license though ;)

Alien Autospy (sp?)

Ant and Dec were really good in it and theres some real good laughs in it alot better than i thought was gunna be

8/10

It actually was about a week ago that I watched V for Vendetta but I didn't see any film in the meantime so:

I wasn't quite sure what to think of it when I left the cinema but somehow it has grown on me since then.

I watch quite a lot of utopian movies and also read some classics and this society, how it works, the role of the media and so on are very cleverly pulled off - I believe it could really exist.

The characters are also very interesting, only the inspector annoyed me a bit as he was one of those predictable stereotypes.

The action scenes are really nice too and the story has a few good twists but at some points it drags on a bit too long.

7/10

Fight Club's on BBC2 tonight.

It's a top film and definitely worth staying up for.

meh WM22 at middnight for FOUR hours....gunna get a chinese and have some sweets and few cans during it cant wait :D

Yes regarding asian invasion i highly recommend the japanese films that wossy pointed out, altho casshern aint THAT great.

Ichi the Killer is recommended if you thought americans made sick movies, Ichi the killer just takes the biscuit.

I would also recommend Zatoichi (the kitano one) absolutly superb.

I think Visitor Q is much sicker than Ichi. Though I've never seen Ichi the Killer in full.. They're both pretty bad.

The last movie I saw was 12 Monkeys. And I've got to say, it blew me quite away. It was one of the more confusing movies I've seen. And it was pretty awesome.

9/10

And also, I'd like to mention that I saw the Hulk before that (for the second time), and it sucked. Just like the first time. Something around 1/10.

I think Visitor Q is much sicker than Ichi. Though I've never seen Ichi the Killer in full.. They're both pretty bad.

The last movie I saw was 12 Monkeys. And I've got to say, it blew me quite away. It was one of the more confusing movies I've seen. And it was pretty awesome.

9/10

My flatmate has 12 monkeys and i've been meaning to ask him if i can borrow it. I've seen it before and it is indeed an awesome film.

Just saw Batman Returns. It's my favourite Batman film, with Batman Begins coming in at an extremely close second. Danny DeVito is an absolute diamond in this film. I just love the whole gothic/'christmasy' look and feel about the film. 8/10.

I only started watching 12 Monkeys halfway through, which was not a good thing. It was on TV, and I happened to suddenly be around while dad was watching it.

If I had gotten the start it would've probably been so much better. But it was awesome nonetheless. I'd never heard of it before so it surprised me.

I only started watching 12 Monkeys halfway through, which was not a good thing. It was on TV, and I happened to suddenly be around while dad was watching it.

If I had gotten the start it would've probably been so much better. But it was awesome nonetheless. I'd never heard of it before so it surprised me.

Maybe renting it would be a good idea, just so you know what happens all the way through. If you really enjoyed it, you might consider buying it. Amazon.co.uk have a decent price on it. http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00004R78L/qid=1144014302/sr=8-1/ref=pd_ka_1/203-0062143-9081566

It's looking quite tempting to me now. I'm looking to expand on my dvd collection.

Just saw Ice Age 2, no way as good as the first. Queen Latifah made it shit.