NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

One Flew Over the Cukoo's nest 9/10

Brilliant, stirring film that doesn't seem dated at all, Jack Nicholson is great.

Batman Begins, love the faithful nods towards Frank Miller's "Batman: Year One", love a lot of the humour ("Make and Model?" "It's a Black... ...Tank.") and the action scenes were cleverly conspired. Loses points for cheesy lines between 'Ducard' and Bruce in his training, hard to follow fight scenes, an underused Scarecrow and Batman's choice on the train. However the storyline and new take on the opening appearance of the Bat, as well as the re-imagined Gotham and a great cast makes some of these errors look minor. Looking forward to seeing them corrected in a no doubt improved, dare I say it - perfected, sequel.

8/10

No way, the hard to follow fight scenes it what makes it great! Because that's what it would be like fighting Batman, to hard to follow, you wouldn't stand a chance!

It perfectly captures how Batman would be, we see it from the criminals perspective and this is what creates such fear of Batman!

Awesome!!

Oh, I forgot, I watched Monty Python and the Meaning Life 6/10

It was dire after watching Holy Grail and Life of Brian. Dull sketches and unfunny gross humour, the fat man exploding. Raised a few chuckles in parts, but not that great.

''Lovely and Amazing''

Watched today, recorded it from BBC1 the other night!

Not bad, not bad at all. Just about not being happy with who you are really and how you should be happy with yourself whatever skin colour, weight, look, etc.. etc.. you are. I liked the acting, Jake Gyllenhaal made a surprise visit (superb like always, although he seemed a little too much like 'The Bubble-Boy character, probably because he was filming both at the same time) and the whole feel of the film was 'real'. Could of had more depth and went 'deeper' into the whole 'idea' of the film, again ended suddenly with too many questions left answered.

It was lovely, but not ground-breaking 'amazing'. :wink:

A good 7.5/10 i think.

ace ventura - pet detective (and 'when nature calls') jIM cArrey is just fantastic in these movies. funny as you get with the facial expressions, the lines he makes up, and his voice. i just find it all genious.

when he sorts out a detective thing and he goes 'oh yeah, can ya feel it?' *humps air*

9/10

hahaha

Underworld

My favourite vampire movie, way better than the Blade movies. Great action and a solid story. The acting performances are very believable, especially Bill Nighy. Oh, and also, Kate Beckinsale is hot.

9/10

X-Men 2

Was in a super-hero flick mood so I cranked this on. Despite having no Gambit this film still rocks. I fear X3 wouldnt be as good......

grave of the fireflies: An absolutley amaziing anime, another excellent film form studio Ghibli (never let me down...), It covers an emotional time in japanese history during world war 2 and follows the journey of a young adult and his baby siter as they travel though japan with scarce to no food or shelter. Emotional film with a great stroyline. HIGHLY recomended! 9.7/10

Underworld: Evolution

Great sequal to one of my fav. movies of all time. It has everything the first movie had plus much more. If you are an Underworld fan you need to see this movie.

5 Stars

Underworld: Evolution

Great sequal to one of my fav. movies of all time. It has everything the first movie had plus much more. If you are an Underworld fan you need to see this movie.

5 Stars

Nice, might have to check this out then.:)

Riddle of the sands:

follows two english gents in pre ww1 germany on the coast of the north sea as they investigate the shady dealings of a group of germans. based on the novel of the same name that has been named the 'first spy novel'

very cool. gets mega points for the best collection of facial hair in the modern world

Davies.jpg

Captain Corelli's Mandalin:

7/10

A good film. Didn't really pull you in. She's fit but her armpits really spoil the scene.

A History of Violence

5/10

Terrible. It had a basic storyline and was essentially pointless. The acting wasnt bad though

Koma

8/10

Very good, not as good as i was expecting though. Been watching many of the asia extreme movies lately and this was at the lower end of quality but still very good.

i watched old school last night, saw anchorman the other day and thought it was very good and old school stars the same group of actors.. i was a little disappointed with it, not as surreal or silly as anchorman, i give it a 6/10, keeps you occupied for 90 minutes but there werent any really laugh out loud moments for me.

Resident Evil: Apocalypse

Watched it for no reason and it hasnt held up well. Used to love it but downgrading it to a good but meh. At least now I know where I saw the 1st Lady's aide from 24 before. She plays the news caster woman in RE:A.

Lucky Number Slevin

Tiiiiight movie. Josh Hartnett is 'that dude' What an actor.

9/10 the best movie out right now.

I watched Sin City a few days ago. An awesome movie with great lines, fast paced action and a plot to die for. Probably one of my favourite films i've ever seen. 9.5/10

i watched old school last night, saw anchorman the other day and thought it was very good and old school stars the same group of actors.. i was a little disappointed with it, not as surreal or silly as anchorman, i give it a 6/10, keeps you occupied for 90 minutes but there werent any really laugh out loud moments for me.

Really?

I thought it was one of the funniest films I have ever seen.

Just thinking about that film makes me laugh out loud let alone watching it. We obviously have very different styles of humour

Rented Domino the other day... wasnt impressed... a whole lotta nothing if you ask me, though you get to see keira knightlys tits for 0.05 seconds, and she is extremely hot throughout the film, though the english accent on a tough chick isnt pulled off all that well in places! All in all pretty disappointing, id watch it again just for the cleavage. Shallow but true. Tried too hard to be cool.

I watched Sin City a few days ago. An awesome movie with great lines, fast paced action and a plot to die for. Probably one of my favourite films i've ever seen. 9.5/10

I liked Sin City, but theres so little depth to it that I can't really love it as much. very stylish and cool, but it pales in comparison to the awesome Batman Begins that came out at the same time.

I watched the super awesome Aliens last. I really do love this movie so much. classic movie!

Finding Nemo.......Classic

8/10 watched it too many times, the girlfriends fault! grr! argh!

Mr and Ms Smith

A fun movie, both actors play their parts well. Brad Pitt isn't usually in such "light" movies, but it didn't ruin his great movie record.

"Jesus Christ private I didn't know they stacked shit that high."

Full Metal Jacket 10/10

just been going round work all day today, shouting of one liners.