NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Shutter Island

Definitely not what I was expecting, but still a great film. I half-worked it out early on, but it was still great (especially the last line). I only have two problems:

- The blue screen effect for when they're shooting the actors in vehicles seemed really badly synced with the background, like a 60s film.

|Also, both me and my Dad noticed this: We're both extremely positive that the lighthouse was on top of the cliff at the beginning of the film (like in the poster) when he says the ridiculous line "what's that tower?" "It's a lighthouse", but at the bottom of the cliff later on in the film.

I have no idea if the changing of locations is significant, or if it's just a mistake.

Also...I thought whiteboards were fairly new.

8/10

Edited by Cube

|Also, both me and my Dad noticed this: We're both extremely positive that the lighthouse was on top of the cliff at the beginning of the film (like in the poster) when he says the ridiculous line "what's that tower?" "It's a lighthouse", but at the bottom of the cliff later on in the film.

I have no idea if the changing of locations is significant, or if it's just a mistake.

I think you might be right.

it could have been due to him beint totally mental. Me and a friend noticed that when the woman he is interviewing asks for some water, she drinks it, but there is no cup in her hand.

I think little things like that were supposed to be clues that he's mental.

astro-boy-poster-final.jpg

Astro Boy

Great movie, gave me a sense of nostalgia watching it.

7/10

the_final_8_films_poster.jpg

The Final

Good movie, it's been done before but I think it's good for a low budget movie.

6/10

the_blind_side_poster_01.jpg

The Blind Side

Great movie, I loved. I can see why Sandra Bullock won an Oscar for her performance.

9/10

King%20Kong%202005%20poster%201.jpg

I'm probably the only person who enjoys the first hour of this movie. :p I olove

Yayayaya, one of my favourite movies that I hadn't watched in a while so I stuck it on the other day. It doesn't get old. :grin:

6a00c2251cc2dc8fdb00cd973a64e74cd5-500pi

Watched for the first time last night. It doesn't really go anywhere does it? Despite that loved it all the same and could help but smiling (a lot like being high...).

Is it just me or does it look like Totoro is ready to eat the girls every time he does that big smile?

BeKindRewind-785162.jpg

Kind of fun. Could have been much better. I think/know I'm a bit bored of Jack Black.

6/10

American Beauty

normal_1.jpg

So relevant, watching it now of all times; after I've reanalysed my life, and my relationship with my parents.

The most plenteous thing I've seen. I'm so wet.

9.8/10

Surround me with your depth and soak my mind in your unrelenting persecution of my body.

American Beauty is an excellent movie, I think it's in my top 5 of all time. I just felt different after watching it, in a good way of course. It's so strange in the way you feel like it's aimed and it is speaking directly towards you, despite having obviously broad themes.

american+beauty+bag.jpg

Yeah, it's brilliant.

I think.

I love the bag bit. Though you're meant to.

Chalk me up to the "top 5" films people. Favourite. Win. Etc.

Not surprising though....as Kevin Spacey is made of massive magnitudes of hax.

I hate Kevin Spacey. His voice is, what can only be described as, the vocal equivalent of dredging a lake for a corpse.

Cut (I wouldn't even disgrace the forums with a poster)

It's made film history for being the first movie to be taken in 'one continuous shot'. As much as I can appreciate how difficult it must have been to film that...it's the biggest load of crap I've ever seen. Danielle Lloyd is on the poster and she's barely in it! (Thank God) and when she is, she can't act.

On the plus side, it has Zach Galligan from Gremlins in it but even he wasn't very good.

1/10

American Beauty just falls shy of my Top 5 films at number 6. :p

Unless I was willing to clump the Lord of the Rings films as one, which I'm not. :heh:

Y'all know what it's about.

This time however I saw it yesterday in the Imax 3D in London. :grin:

That was an extremely spicy experience! :D

The 3D was Seamless and it looked gorgeous. Though the Dialogue seemed to be worse than before!

So for me.

Avatar Imax > Avatar 2D > Avatar 3D. :)

24-404~Leprechaun-Posters.jpg

SHAME ON YOU JENNIFER ANISTON!

I think the poster says it all. Hilarious, but absolutely abysmal.

24-404~Leprechaun-Posters.jpg

I think the poster says it all. Hilarious, but absolutely abysmal.

I really need to buy those movies, brilliantly crap.

alice-in-wonderland-2010-johnny-depp-tim-burton-film-anne-hathaway.jpg

Wasn't what I was expecting. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what I was expecting, but this wasn't it. Not a bad film, but it's not something I'll be going out of my way to watch again anytime soon.

Was my first 3D film experience, which was nice, but as it's been mentioned earlier, once you get used to it you hardly notice. I saw a trailer for Toy Story 3, which has got me confused on the time period between the 2nd and 3rd films, as Andy is apparently going to college/university in the third instalment.

Also a trailer for the film Legend of the Guardians. Awesome 3D visuals, but it consisted of 99% footage of owls flying.

just back from seeing

shut_up_kick-ass_poster.jpg

was really good, stayed more faithful to the comic than Wanted (not hard though), several laugh out loud moments plus

Jetpac miniguns!

9/10

Chalk me up to the "top 5" films people. Favourite. Win. Etc.

Not surprising though....as Kevin Spacey is made of massive magnitudes of hax.

This.

Also, watched Once which was actually pretty fucking excellent

once_press.jpg

The first song, in the shop, came a bit too easily but fuck it, it was so fucking beautiful, I damn near welled up

Really, really stunning.

Nine

Rec 2: The word stupid comes to mind when watching it, I really like the first one so I had high expectations for this, but this was borderline comedy some of the stuff in this.

Especially if you look at the previous one.

Someone takes some firework lights it and shows it down the throat of one of the creatures and it spends the next 15 seconds bobbing its into nearby walls quite comically.

A rage zombie did the backwards spider-walk on the ceiling

Holy scripture, crosses and prayer beads can hold back these rage zombies back.

They are all controlled by a demon.

One certain rage zombie cannot be in light because it is a creature cast away from the light of god, so obviously night-vision fixes that...

God also apparently banished a door because they could not see a door until they turned on the night-vision, guess the door was pretty offensive.

Then a bathtub mocked the glory of god because in the same room they see a bathtub on the floor, one of the characters is dragged into and when they turn off the night-vision, the character and the bathtub are gone.

Real classy horror right there...

This is so disappointing because I really like the first one, it was atmospheric and had a sense or realism do it, but this one just went pfft this needs to be more like The Exorcist.

Its like the filmakers though: "You know what The Exorcist needed? Guns... and people using them".

28 days later

28-days-later.jpg

Its been quite a while since I watched this, given I recall watching 28 weeks later in the cinema when I was still in high school. I really enjoyed it, given its actually pretty gruesome at parts.

I still much prefer 28 weeks later to this, I'm not sure why.

8/10

28 days later

28-days-later.jpg

Its been quite a while since I watched this, given I recall watching 28 weeks later in the cinema when I was still in high school. I really enjoyed it, given its actually pretty gruesome at parts.

I still much prefer 28 weeks later to this, I'm not sure why.

8/10

That makes me Sad Panda. Well if I was a panda.