NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Kick Ass

shut_up_kick-ass_poster.jpg

Please go and see this film. I hope it has enough hype and success to warrant a sequel but I don't know if it will.

Amazing though. So much fun. Fun fun fun.

Wasn't crazy about

How

A) He got the girl

and

B) It was missing one of my favourite lines from the comic "Can I have a hug, my daddy just died"

But apart from those two niggles it was just amazing. The cinema seemed to love it and when the credits rolled I heard a few people clap, and loads of comments like "That was brilliant" yadder yadder.

Also lol as one person walked out of the cinema! It was a REALLY REALLY heavy 15. I'm actually quite surprised it wasn't an 18, and its violence and swearing was one of the things I was most worried about, but it most certainly delivered on both counts heh heh.

Edit;/ Totally forgot. In one of the first proper scenes with Kick-Ass in I was literally overwhelmed. Like tears in my eyes, shivers and overwhelming joy/breathing. Too good.

9.5/10

Edited by ReZourceman

The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus

What the hell?

Pretty forgettable, was really expecting much more from Gilliam...

6/10

I Love You Phillip Morris

Very dark, very funny, very sad, very true. Great performances from Ewan McGregor in particular. I'd urge people to see it unless you squirm at the idea of men kissing. It's by the writers of Bad Santa, so it has that same sort of twisted sense of humour / drama mix.

4/5

The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus

What the hell?

Pretty forgettable, was really expecting much more from Gilliam...

6/10

I found that movie quite boring...I'd give it a 5 I think.

repo_men.jpg

Repo Men

I enjoyed it but it's not the best movie I've seen. Entertaining though.

6/10

the_bounty_hunter_movie_poster1.jpg

The Bounty Hunter

Meh, could have been better. Jennifer Aniston is still hot though.

4/10

That's a really boring tagline (Bounty Hunter). There's no zing. Its just...bland.

I enjoy the font and colours of the Bounty Hunter poster/s, for some reason.

Kick Ass

Please go and see this film. I hope it has enough hype and success to warrant a sequel but I don't know if it will.

Wasn't crazy about

How

A) He got the girl

and

B) It was missing one of my favourite lines from the comic "Can I have a hug, my daddy just died"

But apart from those two niggles it was just amazing. The cinema seemed to love it and when the credits rolled I heard a few people clap, and loads of comments like "That was brilliant" yadder yadder.

Also lol as one person walked out of the cinema! It was a REALLY REALLY heavy 15. I'm actually quite surprised it wasn't an 18, and its violence and swearing was one of the things I was most worried about, but it most certainly delivered on both counts heh heh.

Edit;/ Totally forgot. In one of the first proper scenes with Kick-Ass in I was literally overwhelmed. Like tears in my eyes, shivers and overwhelming joy/breathing. Too good.

9.5/10

3079877360_0e69015f82.jpg

Everyone in the cinema was cheering on Hit Girl.

Galaxy Quest

It brilliantly makes fun of Star Trek and Sci-Fi in general but somehow still respects it and the film is actually a good Sci-Fi movie on its own. I want the Galaxy Quest TV Series to be made!

7.5/10

28 Weeks Later was on the tele

Slightly crap, like if the original was co-directed by Michael Bay, and with a composer who only bothered to write one track for the entire film, but we all knew that anyway.

It's made very watchable by the presence of the v cute & v hot two lead ladies, and the general style, pretty much as the original.

6.5 / 10

The Deerhunter

The best. And now I finally understand that revels advert! Thank goodness!

9.5 / 10

Wall-E

Absolutely loved this, though I feel it trailed off slightly toward the end. Other than that, it was fantastic throughout. They couldn't have made Wall-E more lovable, and his need for a companion was utterly heartbreaking. Still, I did prefer 'Up'.

Edited by Slaggis

Twilight New Moon

I don't know why I watched this tbh. Watched the first, thought it was rubbish and the second is not that much better. I did enjoy this more than the original but thats not saying alot about how how much I enjoyed this. Which was very little.

4/10

28 Weeks Later was on the tele

Slightly crap, like if the original was co-directed by Michael Bay, and with a composer who only bothered to write one track for the entire film, but we all knew that anyway.

It's made very watchable by the presence of the v cute & v hot two lead ladies, and the general style, pretty much as the original.

I think you're being a bit unfair on it. The word crap doesn't even come into my head when I think of that film. :heh:

Although, whenever I watch this film, I am just reminded of how much better the first film is. The soundtrack in this is massively overused. Why repeat the same piece over and over?! The first film had such a varied soundtrack. I thought the useage of the John Murphy piece at the start with the house + lake scene was absolutely brilliant. But then, they use the same piece throughout...gah, it really does get annoying on repeated viewings.

There were some nice ideas in this film, but they recycle a few things from the first that just don't need it. Such as the "I'mma stick my fingers in yer eyes" part. Just leave the original be. I did however love the field scene and the scene which follows afterwards with the "fire-men."

If the original is a 9, then I think your score of 6.5 is pretty fair. I'd give it the same.

600full-yes-man-poster.jpg

An excellent movie in my opinion. Jim Carrey stars as Carl Allen. The man who always says "No" to everything in life, but after a convention he is forced to say "Yes" to everything. His life soon becomes more "interesting" and he actually lives it. Great humour.

9/10

I think you're being a bit unfair on it. The word crap doesn't even come into my head when I think of that film. :heh:

Although, whenever I watch this film, I am just reminded of how much better the first film is. The soundtrack in this is massively overused. Why repeat the same piece over and over?! The first film had such a varied soundtrack. I thought the useage of the John Murphy piece at the start with the house + lake scene was absolutely brilliant. But then, they use the same piece throughout...gah, it really does get annoying on repeated viewings.

It would have probably annoyed me too if I didn't love it too much. In A House In A Heartbeat is just awesome. The movie gets a 6 from me though, the original gets a 9.

Scarface Been putting for way too long to watch this, excellent movie overall, much longer then I expected.

Not that it dragged it down, just felt a bit fatigued after watching this.

Seeing Pacino play a Cuban felt a bit weird, wish I could take him more seriously in that role.

On The Waterfront Much better then I expected, was told that this was a gangster film so I expected it to be more violent but ended finding out that this was an interesting take on labour unions and treating the working man fairly.

Solid performances around and was kept interested throughout the movie.

Also, lol religious messages.

Science of Sleep

Wha...what?? Bizarro film. But generally pretty great. Occassionally too weird, and some of the animation reminded me too much of bad kids TV. Not sure how much Id have enjoyed it if the leads weren't all so stunning. But generally a very interesting watch. Much love for the Gondrey

Kick Ass

Wasn't crazy about

How

A) He got the girl

and

9.5/10

I agree it was a great movie. A lot better than I thought it would be.

8/10

defendor_eng_quote_poster_resized_W416_H600_1.jpg

Defendor

Brilliant, I enjoyed watching this alot. Woody Harrelson is awesome!

7/10

Kick-Ass

I'm reeling.

It was great.

So [original adjective].

Hit Girl is the personification of Chair and I's "phrases". The things we randomly shout out to describe people we see/things we see people doing.

e.g "frak me in hell, bitch!"

or

"Of course." (after hitting someone with ease)

"What do you think will happen now?" (swinging through a window on a rope)

etc.

I'm blown.

EDIT:

*reads post back*

Bytches gonna get cut fo this shyt.

Kick Ass

The most awesome thing I've ever seen.

9.7/10

But....but...thats higher than my rating.

I won't have that.

I'm increasing my rating to 9.7.

(Its one of my favourite films of all time tbh. And I feel slightly smug that I knew it was going to be before I'd seen it)

PS Spread the word people.