NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

41129_3.jpg

Spy Kids 3D: Game Over

Loved Spy Kids in my younger days and this was my favourite installment (maybe because it's in 3D). Anyway, great movie for the family and the effects in 3D I love.

8.5/10

3D week this week on Channel 4. I had a look at what will be on. Throughout the whole 'week', there's only two shows and one movie in 3D (The Queen and Derren Brown and Frankenstein)...I thought there was going to be MUCH more than that. Is it a week or a season? Because my glasses say 3D week.

it would have been good if this was the 1990's but it's not..

ELABORATE.

3D week this week on Channel 4. I had a look at what will be on. Throughout the whole 'week', there's only two shows and one movie in 3D (The Queen and Derren Brown and Frankenstein)...I thought there was going to be MUCH more than that. Is it a week or a season? Because my glasses say 3D week.

I think the T4 people were saying some bullshit about they having something in the third dimensions.

41129_3.jpg

Spy Kids 3D: Game Over

Loved Spy Kids in my younger days and this was my favourite installment (maybe because it's in 3D). Anyway, great movie for the family and the effects in 3D I love.

8.5/10

Friday 13th 3 3D is on aswell. But yeah bot all on really.

ELABORATE.

I said this about snakes on a plane too. It's cheesy popcorn summer movie fun.

But saying it's brilliant and fantastic and wank worthy is too far so Ya I think it's overrated.

Bill and Ted's Most Excellent Adventure

Was on ITV Saturday afternoon. Pretty decent movie, one of which i have seen so many times in the past.

8.5/10

Friday 13th 3 3D is on aswell. But yeah bot all on really.

That would be cool to see as I've never seen a Jason movie except for Freddy vs Jason, Jason X and the new Friday the 13th. I can't believe they've been hyping it up for the past week or so just to put on a night's worth. I thought it would be nothing but 3D all week, how shit! :(

thirteen

Been meaning to see this for ages, thought it was brilliant. Gut-wrenching and brilliant performances, really...scary?

Plus you couldn't imagine how hard I spun in my chair when Explain It To Me by Liz Phair came on as the closing song of the film. So appropriate.

9/10

Colin

Colin-70-Zombie-Movie-Takes-Cannes-Festival-by-Storm-2.jpg

A film that was made on a £45 budget was never going to be great. But it was ok. Dragged too much in some places, was quite good in others. Basically a student movie. It was glaringly obvious how low budget it was, but they still gave it a good effort which gave it a certain charm.

As an achievement, it was fantastic. As an actual film, it was slightly above average.

Hahaha, I love the reviews on the Colin film poster. I wonder if a bad review in Gorezone simply states "Not enough gore". Still want to see this though, might try and pick it up on dvd to add to my zombie film collection.

I said this about snakes on a plane too. It's cheesy popcorn summer movie fun.

But saying it's brilliant and fantastic and wank worthy is too far so Ya I think it's overrated.

Its snakes that are on a plane.. if anything it should be given a award for actually delivering on what it promises, well maybe giving it a award is too much but you get what i mean

Up. The worst Pixar movie by far, excluding Cars which I haven't watched. 4/10.

There is no way that ; that film deserves such a low a score. Very enjoyable film deserving of a 7 or 8 /10 . The 3d glasses push it up to a 8.5.

jennifers-body-movie-poster1.jpg

Jennifer's Body

This is your typical teen-horror movie with a hot girl in it. This wasn't bad but I thought it would have been better. Some parts where like 'when is something going to happen' and other parts were like 'that was actually good'. Overall mediocre.

6.5 or 7.5/10

There is no way that ; that film deserves such a low a score. Very enjoyable film deserving of a 7 or 8 /10 . The 3d glasses push it up to a 8.5.

3d makes a film better, now?

Now that's what I call famous monuments falling over! Vol 18 (or 2012 for short)

I spent most of my time gazing around the cinema as the film was shit. So I'll review that instead.

It was a bit dark.

1/10

I waited till after I saw 2012 to read this for fear of actual spoilers. Me-Fail.

Well it had some entertaining bits.

I literally sputtered out laughing when it was revealed the little boys name was

Noah.

Pretty much had a fit.

6/10. Ish.

Absolutely horrible. The most cliche ridden piece of tat I've ever seen. And yet, it was so bad it was actually rather entertaining, if a little too long

3/10

Paranormal Activity

Absolutely fantastic. I hate horror movies as they immediately lose their mystery after the "horrible thing", or whatever it is, is revealed and they cease to become even remotely scary. This one however, plays on your childish fears of the dark and what you can't see. Made me feel a little uneasy about going to sleep, the last film to do this to me was Blair Witch so if you hated that, give this one a miss.

The one downside is that because there is no music, you have a very quiet film and you can hear everyone whispering around you in the cinema, which becomes rather annoying, so I would recommend waiting for the Blu Ray release and watching it at home with the lights off. Having said that it was fun to hear people scream around you at some of the jumpy bits, especially the finale.

And to consider that the film cost about £9000 to make, it's very impressive indeed.

Oh in case someone asks, I watched a preview that my local cinema was having on Fri 13th, it's not out till the 27th.

9.5/10

Edited by Dog-amoto

500 Days of Summer

They only started showing this on November 4, and I was planning to see it with friends somewhere at the end of this week. But when I checked the planning I found out today was the last day they're showing it. So last night I sent around txts to friends, and two of them replied to go see it today. So yay, got to see it!

And I quite loved it. =D

It made us laugh quite a few times and we loved the music in the film. Thought it was good, enjoyed it. =)

500 Days of Summer

They only started showing this on November 4, and I was planning to see it with friends somewhere at the end of this week. But when I checked the planning I found out today was the last day they're showing it. So last night I sent around txts to friends, and two of them replied to go see it today. So yay, got to see it!

And I quite loved it. =D

It made us laugh quite a few times and we loved the music in the film. Thought it was good, enjoyed it. =)

Strange coincidence. I just downloaded it, having seen it at the cinema a couple months ago but getting withdrawal symptoms. I love it too much, fills me with happiness and optimism. I seem to remember the first time I watched it was a week after breaking up with my then girlfriend, perfect time to watch.

And the soundtrack is amazin. (L)

Dog-amoto, I usually don't care at all about cliche things but 2012 was making me piss myself at how awful it was (in that department) I think Paj would genuinely kill himself if he saw the movie.

Strange coincidence. I just downloaded it, having seen it at the cinema a couple months ago but getting withdrawal symptoms. I love it too much, fills me with happiness and optimism. I seem to remember the first time I watched it was a week after breaking up with my then girlfriend, perfect time to watch.

And the soundtrack is amazin. (L)

And coincidentally enough I'm staring at my ticket for it right now (going through all films I may have not reviewed on Flixster) (I collect my cinema tickets)

I want to see 2012. It should be entertaining in the same way that Transformers is.

Im off to see 2012 tonight, expecting to enjoy it as I do like those turn your brain off and just watch it movies from time to time.

The best parts about 2012

The cameo appearances from a bad Arnold Schwarzenegger impersonator (though I believe that was intentionally bad and meant as a piss take), and the Queen and her corgis, was pissing myself at that bit!

Half-Nelson (2007)

half_nelson.jpg

Shaking.

I'll take my shoes off and throw them in a lake.

I'm staggered.

10/10

Why?

Apart from the ending being slightly unsataisfying (though in keeping and makes more sense than having some catch-all ending) I though it was great.