NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Awake

I had always dodged watching this, due to reading only negative reviews for it when it came out.

A friend lent it, and I finally sat down to watch it. Overall, I actually quite liked it. I wasn't even close to guessing the huge twist (It actually shocked me) and I loved the basic idea of the movie too. There was some bad acting, some overly boring bits and the start almost seemed pointless. But, it was definitely enjoyable.

Slumdog Millionaire

Fantastic!! Beautifully filmed, well paced, great story, great music, well acted, funny, tense, exhilerating!

And kid Jamal is awesome!

9/10

I like going to the cinema on my own.

I dunno why though.

It's easier. You don't have to waste time arranging schedules with mates so you can all go together. The fact is you're sitting in silence watching a movie. It's like you're mates aren't even there, unless you're one of those people who enjoys talking during the movie. In which case you're an idiot.

The best part of going to the cinema, for me at least, is the chatter and debate that happens afterwards. These discussions are huge fun, and for me a large part of what going to the cinema is all about. That combined with the massive screen and blasting sounds - otherwise, I do find it just as great, if not greater, to watch a movie in the comfort of your own home with friends.

I've been to the cinema by myself once, in wales when i was staying with my grandparents and my sister wanted to see something totally different. I don't talk during movies but I do like to try and predict what's happening -- the being right phenomenon.

Went to see Revolutionary Road last night.

Jesus fucking Christ. Now okay let me start by saying I'm not scoring it yet, and I do reserve my full opinion until I've seen the whole film (I walked out about an hour and a bit in) and I'm downloading it to watch the end, but this is one of the worst films I've ever seen. *Awaits enraged post from Paj about how I didn't get it*

You're right though Paj, I don't get it. In a film like this where ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HAPPENs (Remember I am basing off first hour) the acting needs to be brilliant. What. The. Fuck. I'd have thought I was insane if everyone I was with didn't agree with me but the acting WAS UTTER SHIT. Okay it wasn't shit but it was EXTREMELY mediocore. Just absolute trash. I am 100% completely stunned that Kate Winslet has been Oscar nominated for her role.

Not to mention everything else wrong with the film. The sex scenes? Does Leonardo Dicaprio have a magical cock that can ;

- Remove clothes

- Insert

- Wham bam thank you mam

In seven seconds? Fucking ridiculous. So yeah, I'm not rating it until I've seen the rest, which I hear was actually okay, but so not impressed. Nothing happened in this film. Nothing.

*Awaits massive flame*

Went to see Revolutionary Road last night.

Jesus fucking Christ. Now okay let me start by saying I'm not scoring it yet, and I do reserve my full opinion until I've seen the whole film (I walked out about an hour and a bit in) and I'm downloading it to watch the end, but this is one of the worst films I've ever seen. *Awaits enraged post from Paj about how I didn't get it*

You're right though Paj, I don't get it. In a film like this where ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HAPPENs (Remember I am basing off first hour) the acting needs to be brilliant. What. The. Fuck. I'd have thought I was insane if everyone I was with didn't agree with me but the acting WAS UTTER SHIT. Okay it wasn't shit but it was EXTREMELY mediocore. Just absolute trash. I am 100% completely stunned that Kate Winslet has been Oscar nominated for her role.

Not to mention everything else wrong with the film. The sex scenes? Does Leonardo Dicaprio have a magical cock that can ;

- Remove clothes

- Insert

- Wham bam thank you mam

In seven seconds? Fucking ridiculous. So yeah, I'm not rating it until I've seen the rest, which I hear was actually okay, but so not impressed. Nothing happened in this film. Nothing.

*Awaits massive flame*

I haven't seen the film, but I need to ask... why do you walk out of a film halfway through? That just seems like a waste of money to me? =/

I mean, I really didn't like Eagle Eye and thought it was laughably bad, but still I stayed in until the end.

I haven't seen the film, but I need to ask... why do you walk out of a film halfway through? That just seems like a waste of money to me? =/

I mean, I really didn't like Eagle Eye and thought it was laughably bad, but still I stayed in until the end.

A few reasons.

I was completely bored, the film was giving me no emotion at all other than rage. It wasn't even laughably bad because at least that would have been entertaining.

Normally I still would have stayed, but I was with my friends and they were like "lets just go to the pub" so it was a choice between spend my precious free time watching the worst film I've ever seen, and characters I have less than a remote interest in, or have a laugh with some friends.

It was quite funny as we walked out it turned into a run, and we literally ran out, screaming with laughter and joy that we no longer had to subject our brains to it.

(It is the first film I have ever walked out of, and I would have said before last night that I never would ever. Guess I didn't see how bad this was gonna be coming.)

One good thing came out of it. I now appreciate other films a lot more.

Shit, now you've got to fear the wrath of the Paj.

No-One's going to taaaaake yooou aliiiiive. *Hums the choon of Knights of Cydonia*

Yesterday, I made the feeeemale watch Predator. I don't think she took to it as much as the Terminator, although the "Knaaack Knaaack" and "Stick Arounnnnd" lines tickled her.

Predator is bad ass. If she wasn't feeling it so much externally, then on a sub concsisosuss level...somewhere....she was feeling it to the extreme.

Hmm, Revolutionary Road looks good to me from the trailer. I really like Dicaprio as well, and cant see him ever taking a role for a shit film.

It has to be good, so i'll ignore you Rez... (for now).

You're right. But ReZ aint no maaahn. He wants to waste more of his

precious free time

going through the hassle of downloading it and watching more.

Hmm, Revolutionary Road looks good to me from the trailer. I really like Dicaprio as well, and cant see him ever taking a role for a shit film.

It has to be good, so i'll ignore you Rez... (for now).

Fair enough. I'd be interested what other people think of it.

I can't get my head around why everyone is bumming the acting though. I literally don't understand. Literally.

You're right. But ReZ aint no maaahn. He wants to waste more of his

going through the hassle of downloading it and watching more.

PARAPHRASING! I said precious free time with my friends....

I think.

Arashi no yoru ni

Quaint little tale about the unlikely friendship between a goat and a wolf who resist their instincts of hating each other. However while a child may see their strong friendship as just that it seemed to me more like some inter-species affair...

Shit, now you've got to fear the wrath of the Paj.

No-One's going to taaaaake yooou aliiiiive. *Hums the choon of Knights of Cydonia*

Yesterday, I made the feeeemale watch Predator. I don't think she took to it as much as the Terminator, although the "Knaaack Knaaack" and "Stick Arounnnnd" lines tickled her.

It's a good film I guess, but a bit too testosteron filled. Like, too much violence, guns and blood. =P

Preferred the Terminator yes.

It's a good film I guess, but a bit too testosteron filled. Like, too much violence, guns and blood. =P

Preferred the Terminator yes.

But what about the showdown at the end?

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! [/Warcry]

Come onnnn, you were well into eet. Admit eet.

If eet bleeeds, we can keeel eeet.

A few reasons.

I was completely bored, the film was giving me no emotion at all other than rage. It wasn't even laughably bad because at least that would have been entertaining.

Normally I still would have stayed, but I was with my friends and they were like "lets just go to the pub" so it was a choice between spend my precious free time watching the worst film I've ever seen, and characters I have less than a remote interest in, or have a laugh with some friends.

It was quite funny as we walked out it turned into a run, and we literally ran out, screaming with laughter and joy that we no longer had to subject our brains to it.

(It is the first film I have ever walked out of, and I would have said before last night that I never would ever. Guess I didn't see how bad this was gonna be coming.)

One good thing came out of it. I now appreciate other films a lot more.

You don't deserve to watch films.

Seriously, if all you want are hooks to keep you watching. There's not many explosions in Revolutionary Road, I'm afraid.

The acting was not shit, it was the 1950's, and actually highly realistic (I felt personally, and then my aunt agreeing...who has more of an informed opinion than I did). Had you waited, you would notice swearing that we drop into a sentence every other word creeps in more and more. (Fittingly)

Plus walking out of a film (crime in a good film that I will never forgive you for) that relies on being watched in full?! You have to blame yourself. Sorry.

It's a tragically realistic situation and I could relate to some of the philosophical issues being batted around in it, as well as it being a beautiful and wonderfully characterised film in any case.

Eurgh. You're literally bad.

Very rarely agree with Rez but It was terrible. The main thing that put me off was Kate Winslet randomly slipping between an English/American accent. Thought Di Caprio was pretty good but other than that there was nothing to it.

You know what I hate?? People unnecessarily talking in films. People all around me talking, bastards. You know who you are :p

Anyway, I did actually stay all the way through Revolutionary Road. To be fair, the first hour or so was pretty dull, I just wasn't taken with either of their performances. It wasn't interesting enough to be compelling. Until the end, where I was quite enthralled. I still don't know if I'd watch it again though. Strike the last, I would; it deserves my full concentration all the way through.

To be fair, the first hour or so was pretty dull

Thats genuinely the biggest understatement I've ever heard. Congrats on staying though. More willpower than me.

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

other than that there was nothing to it.

You've missed the entire point (there's arguably several main points, but I see one as the main), then.

That's not the films fault.

You've missed the entire point (there's arguably several main points, but I see one as the main), then.

That's not the films fault.

Just because I didn't rate the acting of Kate Winslet it doesn't mean I missed the point.

Not everybody will like the same films and this one did nothing for me, imo it was a film that had to rely heavily on good acting and I dont think it provided that.

Just because I didn't rate the acting of Kate Winslet it doesn't mean I missed the point.

Not everybody will like the same films and this one did nothing for me, imo it was a film that had to rely heavily on good acting and I dont think it provided that.

Ok.

But I wasn't talking about her acting being good being the point. It's not like the acting wasn't entirely appropriate in context and conveyed the actual message of the film (that I related to/am terrified by) in a sublime yet perfunctory way.

You don't have to enjoy it.