NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

You watch on Gold? :heh:

I have no idea. It was just on so I decided to watch it. I'm guessing that it was Gold as that's what everyone else watched it on.

Drunken Master

One of Jackie Chan's earliest films and one of his best as well. Lost count how many times i have seen this, it just keeps getting better all the time. Martial Art battles are brilliant, especially the last one. 9.5/10

"Yes its true. This man has no dick."

Cracked up at that bit and several other bits, as always.

"Ray, when someone asks you if you are a god, you say 'YES'!"

Back to the Future II

Brilliant. Just what I needed on a Sunday afternoon. It brought back some great lazy memories! :grin:

The Little Mermaid - I haven't seen this since I was about 7 so it was quite strange watching it again after so many years. Still loved it though. I love how before Disney turned to utter shite, their films are so watchable for everyone.

9/10 for nostalgic reasons.

Adulthood

Really rather good, just like the first. The main guy is brilliantly portrayed by Noel Clarke (I also love how, they seemed to deem it important to get his arse into both films at some point during the plot...not that I'm complaining). It was annoying that Lexi wasn't in it, and instead was only passingly mentioned...and I now loathe word "blood" because it's used so damn much during the movie.

It's incredibly depressing, paints a really bleak picture of society today and has a cliche ending...but somehow it just works. Definitely worth a second watch.

The Bourne Ultimatum

Never been a big fan of the previous Bourne films but this one was very good. Very thrilling and some impressive set-piece's. My only complaint - too much 'shaky-cam'.

Space Cowboys

Had high hopes for this film from Eastwood but it was somewhat disappointing. Story wasn't epic/in-depth enough and not enough time was spent on several scene's.

Looking forward to Gran Torino later this month!

Tallageda Nights

Dull comedy. One of Will Ferrell's worst.

Bolt

I'm immensely surprised as I didn't expect to like it at all. This must be the first good non-Pixar Disney film since the good 'ol days. They somehow made a dog likeable and it was great fun to watch.

8.5/10

Die Hard 2

Was on ITV2+1 when i came back from pool. Decent sequel to the original, had some good moments with it but lacked a little in sections. 8/10

Slumdog Millionaire

Or, for those of you who've seen eet, Slumdog Millonairrrre!

I went to see this with the feeemale (Eeenoooo) yesterday!

Our thoughts: This was a pretty awesome film, and it seemed to strike a balance between romance and comedy, whilst also giving a bleak and disturbing image of India. There were a few parts which had Ine's friend roaring with laughter, at which point we tried to siddle down the aisle to dis-own her, heheheh.

*hands over keyboard to Ine*

Ehh, don't really have anything to add. Yes. Good film.

*hands keyboard back*

...woman of few words!

I think we're going to give this a 9/10. Definitely would recommend that you see this, and it rightfully deserves all the acclaim it's received so far.

:)

Or, for those of you who've seen eet, Slumdog Millonairrrre!

LOVE IT! I loved hearing him say it. Brilliant.

Revolutionary Road

The most boring thing I've seen in a long time.

3/10

Revolutionary Road

The most boring thing I've seen in a long time.

3/10

Why are you so bad?

OK...so it wasn't that bad. Just boring. So 6/10 is a fairer score.

At least that's fairer.

To be honest, my 9/10 came from the fact that I related to the fear of just.."floating" and not knowing what to do in life.

I think it captured that in a very realistic way, and also had all-round excellent characterisation (extending to the minor characters too).

I really really can't get other how bad the acting SOUNDS in the trailer. Leonardo Dicaprios voice just sounds soooo actored...it really doesn't sound real.

I aim to see Frost/Nixon and Valkyrie this week. *Glances hintingly at Molly and Spenno*

I really really can't get other how bad the acting SOUNDS in the trailer. Leonardo Dicaprios voice just sounds soooo actored...it really doesn't sound real.

I don't watch trailers.

It's really very good. And realistic. And as you know...those are two things I like in films.

It is set in the 1950's, a very different time to now. Especially between a man and a woman.

I aim to see Frost/Nixon and Valkyrie this week. *Glances hintingly at Molly and Spenno*

Either Revolutionary Road or Valkyrie. Frost/Nixon's not on in Aylesbury and I'll be damned if I'm going further in these conditions!! :heh: I wish Benjamin Button was out before friday, I want to see it now.

I don't watch trailers.

It's really very good. And realistic. And as you know...those are two things I like in films.

It is set in the 1950's, a very different time to now. Especially between a man and a woman.

It's the advert that's playing on tv that he's talking about I think, but I have a totally different opinion on it. I think it makes it sound absolutely fascinating, and I'm desperate to see it (And Milk/Button).

Neeeeeed.

The Bourne Ultimatum

Never been a big fan of the previous Bourne films but this one was very good. Very thrilling and some impressive set-piece's. My only complaint - too much 'shaky-cam'.

Oh god yeah, this is my favourite out of all the Bournes, the plot is brilliant in this. but YES the shaky cam thing was lame, just can't tell what the hell's going on...

Bolt

I'm immensely surprised as I didn't expect to like it at all. This must be the first good non-Pixar Disney film since the good 'ol days. They somehow made a dog likeable and it was great fun to watch.

8.5/10

I want so see this! :D

Important question: Is the Hamster funny? :)

Other films I want to see are Curious Case of Benjamin Button/Milk/Revolution Road but I doubt I'll get to see many of them. If any! Bolt is first though! :p

I know! I'm crazy.

Go by yeself ye queen.