NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

I want so see this! :D

Important question: Is the Hamster funny? :)

The hamster is hilarious.

But he came kinda late in the movie though :/

Amelie

Nice story, very odd with the whole orgasm thing and a baby being born. But never the less, it's a nice twist on a classic love story.

9/10

Spirited Away - 5? 6, maybe? Eeeyyehh.../10

I wish I could give this a higher rating; I'd really wanted to enjoy the heck out of it. It was bizarre, crazy and had a nice storyline but I just couldn't see what the fuss is about it. That said; the animation was superb, as I'd expect from Ghibli. I don't know whether I liked it or not! I just felt no emotional connection to any of the characters and found myself not really caring what happened. Love the soot creatures and the fly/mouse too, though.

Bah.

Prince of Egypt - *sings 7.9*/10

I actually really enjoyed this film. Hadn't seen it before and thought it was very well made, animated, written and executed. Told the story very well I think, and for once the songs didn't annoy me.

Atonement

It was fantastic. I really wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was. A real treat to watch.

9/10

Atonement

It was fantastic. I really wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was. A real treat to watch.

9/10

YEs!! the ending was so sad and just sad :( your like "this isn't happening no no no"

=[

Spirited Away - 5? 6, maybe? Eeeyyehh.../10

I wish I could give this a higher rating; I'd really wanted to enjoy the heck out of it. It was bizarre, crazy and had a nice storyline but I just couldn't see what the fuss is about it. That said; the animation was superb, as I'd expect from Ghibli. I don't know whether I liked it or not! I just felt no emotional connection to any of the characters and found myself not really caring what happened. Love the soot creatures and the fly/mouse too, though.

I didn't dig it too much on the first watch (found myself 'clicking' more with Howl's) but after watching it four times recently (assignment) I do really enjoy it ::shrug:

Paris Je T'aime

Nice, perhaps maybe better suited for next weekend but theres some really nice stories in there. Seemed to be a tad long though.

YEs!! the ending was so sad and just sad :( your like "this isn't happening no no no"

=[

Yeah it was great. I was expecting it to pan out like that but not quite in that manner. Really well done.

ReZ, I don't think you'd particularly like Milk, but yeah - see it, it's brilliant.

I do like some films that are meant for their story/metaphor/acting and not just explosions.

Atonement

9/10

I enjoyed it lots, the scene where the camera pans over the beach with the choir singing really got me.

I enjoyed it lots, the scene where the camera pans over the beach with the choir singing really got me.

Yeah, done in one cut. It was immense. :smile:

Might pick up the book today. I've been looking for a new read.

I went to see Frost/Nixon last night, came back pretty impressed. Frank Langella as Nixon was superb, as was Michael Sheen as Frost. I didn't feel constantly conscious of the fact that this was two actors trying to mimic historical figures, instead you get lost in their performances and caught up in the well portrayed world of 1977.

3½/4

I want so see this! :D

Important question: Is the Hamster funny? :)

Other films I want to see are Curious Case of Benjamin Button/Milk/Revolution Road but I doubt I'll get to see many of them. If any! Bolt is first though! :p

I know! I'm crazy.

I loved the hamster in Bolt! He's hilarious!

SEE BENJAMIN BUTTON!!! It's one of the best movies ever and I'm not exaggerating...maybe a little but it's still one fantastic movie!

The boy in the striped pajamas

Brilliant. The story was fantastic and the acting from the two kids were just brilliant. It was based on a novel so I'mma try and find the book.

8/10

Atonement was very good, yeah.

However, I hated that they advertised Kiera Knightly over the actual main female character...but then I wasn't the one getting money from the film.

---

Steel Magnolias

A mildly heart-warming film, which I love due to it's southern US setting, and the fact it's got awesome dialogue. And Sally Field. I want her as my mum.

7/10

Religulous

Quite interesting but I suppose it's easy to enjoy a one-sided argument if you're on that one side. But thinking back...it didn't actually seem to answer a single thing (which I suppose was kind of the point).

8/10

Inland Empire

As a "new" fan of David Lynch, this is my third film by him, after Eraserhead and Mulholand Drive.

This is definitely the...craziest. Shot all on Digital Film, adding to the blurring sense of identity and reality...wowza.

In general. He knows to confuddle, intrigue and use a films soundtrack. Loved every minute of its 3-hours length.

Though this will bring to mind nothing a good as what it actually is, it's almost like a heady, seductive, metaphorical, disturbing spin on an Alice In Wonderland tale. Except nothing like the book.

The tagline basically sums it up; "A Woman In Trouble"

9.5/10

----

I'm revising my score of Revolutionary Road to 8.4/10.

Been slowly going through my film collection.

Wanted

I wasn't really expecting much. Just a mindless shoot'em up movie. What I got was an AWESOME shoot'em up movie. I adored how much style it took from the graphic novel. The action was brilliant and over the top. A really exciting film. 8/10

School of Rock

Didn't enjoy this film as much as I normally do, but it's got a great soundtrack, it's funny and Jack Black is always great. It is sometimes cringe worth though - "Your kids have touched me, and I'm pretty sure I've touch them" *shudder*. 7/10

Superman 1 and 2

Watched them back to back. You know what you are getting with Superman, I felt the origin story took a little too long, but it was fun and enjoyable and Christopher Reeves is brilliant playing Superman and Clark Kent so well. Also I was very impressed with the flying scenes. For a film made in the 60's (?) the technology is great especially compared to SM 3&4. 8/10 for both

28 Days Later

I adore this film. It has been shot beautifully and is very atmospheric, the empty London is haunting. The film is less a horror film than a survival film and it's amazing. 10/10

A Scanner Darkly

I still can't get my head around this film. It's brilliant...I think, but I feel the graphic style, while looking awesome, takes something away from the story telling and makes it more confusing. I really need to read the book. 7/10

American Beauty

This film is a lot more creepy than when I remembered. I feel like I only care for Kevin Spacey's character, and only when he's changing things in his life. Everyone else seems selfish and only looking out for themselves where as Lester (Kevin Spacey) has been doing everything for his family and is only now living his life. Still it's a great film. 8/10

Anastasia

First time I've seen this (bought it for the gf) and wow, it was really good, up there with some of Disney's best efforts. The animation was beautiful, the story kept me interested and most of the songs were catchy. Plus it has Rasputin who is one of the most interesting people in Russian history and he was a zombie...heck yeah! 8/10

Anastasia

First time I've seen this (bought it for the gf) and wow, it was really good, up there with some of Disney's best efforts. The animation was beautiful, the story kept me interested and most of the songs were catchy. Plus it has Rasputin who is one of the most interesting people in Russian history and he was a zombie...heck yeah! 8/10

Great film. My sister made me watch it years and years ago. I was reluctant as i was a total Disney/Pixar fanboy (dont know why, i was young) but ended up giving it a go. It's more of a grown up movie focusing less on the comedy and more on the story, but it works really well.

Pineapple Express

Well Dan Dare will be happy, because I actually quite liked it. The film itself to me was really random, more so than it would be because I was missing bits through talking. Funny film. I don't understand crying whilst eating though..

Anastacia is the Disney Classic that never was (in terms of quality).

I loved Anastacia, apart from the annoying bat and dog.

I hate when shite animals ruin good films.

I loved Anastacia, apart from the annoying bat and dog.

I hate when shite animals ruin good films.

They had a point though. Bartok technically was a real character, helping Rasputin and stuff.

----

Prime

Usually romantic-comedy stuff, but a bit...quieter. Meryl Streep was very funny, and obviously the highlight.

*shrugs*/6/10

Anastacia is the Disney Classic that never was (in terms of quality).

I think, had it been a Disney product, it would've been far more successful.

Oh, btw:

Milk

Nothing wrong with it. Quite the good stuff indeed.

8/10