NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Or even ride home about.....

I still love. Like riding home from the cinema on a horse, desperate to warn your naive sister not to see it.

The Day The Earth Stood Still (2008)

A bad movie, but for some reason it was very watchable, maybe because I was expecting it to get better any second. Many useless and pointless scenes and characters, awful CGI (Gort looks like a cartoon of the Oscar statue), Will Smith's son is very annoying and the ending is very anti-climatix.

The Graduate.

Fantastic! The ending was very random :heh:

Cheers for the heads up. You just saved me several hours of effort/time! I won't be watching TDTEST until I hear something positive, then :)

Ghost Town

Surprisingly good film. I'd heard some good things about it, but only just got round to watching it. Gervais was decent and the film is sweet, well made and it was surprisingly funny too. Overall really enjoyable, even if Gervais is a bit too bumbling at times.

7/10

It's a great film. Really enjoyable dystopian sci-fi with a bit of a comedic bent. Was Directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet (of Amelie fame) and art directed by his then best friend Marc Caro. It's worth checking out The City Of Lost Children too, the only other film they made together before Marc Caro went off the radar for ten years.

I watched La Cité des Enfants Perdus a couple of months ago and thought it was a pretty good film, though a bit weird. But I loved the atmosphere in it. I should check out Delicatessen sometimes I think, heard quite a few things about it already.

The Virgin Suicides

A while back I said I wanted to see this, and Marie Antoinette. My friend got me this for my Secret Santa present (obvioiusly him as I told him I wanted to see it).

A beautiful and interesting film...lot's of metaphors and stuff. The style is more wonderful than the script is, but then again, it is the lives of the sisters through the eyes of the boys. Gathered through bric-a-brac and the odd meeting.

I like there's no clean-cut end/explanation..it's all there, but it's not really wrapped up for you.

Loved it though. And the soundtrack by AIR was heavenly. I need it now.

8.9/10

Madagascar 2: Escape to Africa

Hmm, where do I begin. The film started excellently, I had a few good chuckles. Then the main story set in, and it was a bit pointless, and the laughs kind of dried up in the middle. The film the picked up before the end, with the hilarious little lemur fellow Mort.

7/10

Jingle All the Way

Watched this to keep my mum company this evening, though I kind of fell asleep half way through. Not only that we were watching a recording on VHS which was a time warp in it's own right. Talking of time warps, the effects in the film haven't aged well, and if it wasn't for Arnie's superb accent, all would be lost for this film. Standard Christmas afternoon/evening watch, feel sorry for anyone who paid to watch it though.

5/10

The Day After Tomorrow

Erm...

The Day The Earth Stood Still

Talk about good advertising. The trailer shows a tiny portion of the film - the only interesting portion. The only parts of the film you need to watch are:

- Alien ship landing

- "Take me to your leader" "no"

- "My dad is a soldier, now die alien!"

- Alien stops kid from falling one foot into a stream

- "I love you now! I would have surely gotten a small bruise and drenched"

- Killing starts

- "You know what, kid...you're not so bad

- Killing stops

The characters were entirely one dimensional (and most seemed pointless, even Helen), the statue thing wasn't really that interesting and the effects weren't even that good. Also the robot (Gort) was extremely disappointing.

What the fuck where they thinking? Why on earth have a cool-looking robot if all it does is remotely turn off anything that tries to attack it and then turn into a swarm of nanomachine bugs? How the fuck could they not have it go round blasting stuff?

3/10

The Day After Tomorrow

Ummm wrong movie title your thinking War of the Worlds.

Ummm wrong movie title your thinking War of the Worlds.

Don't...don't you mean The Day the Earth Stood Still?

Don't...don't you mean The Day the Earth Stood Still?

Maybe, there similar....well the remakes are. From reading his impressions WotW is what popped into my mind.

Jingle all the way

I used to watch this movie every year at christmas when i was younger. Its the best damn christmas movie ever imo. Worth a watch just to see Arnold Schwarzenegger punch a reindeer in the face.

9/10

Maybe, there similar....well the remakes are. From reading his impressions WotW is what popped into my mind.

I loved the War of the Worlds remake (I also enjoyed The Day After Tomorrow...the advertising tactic made me think of it)

Jingle all the way

I used to watch this movie every year at christmas when i was younger. Its the best damn christmas movie ever imo. Worth a watch just to see Arnold Schwarzenegger punch a reindeer in the face.

9/10

EETS TEH-BO TAIIIIMEEEE!

EETS TEH-BO TAIIIIMEEEE!

I had to read this sentence three times before I got it.

Hahahaha.

GET MEEEE DA TUR-BOH MAAAN ACKSHUN FEEEGURE!

Day After Tomorrow? LOL. Anywho, it's a remake, go watch the original, much better.

Ummm wrong movie title.

When I went to the box office to buy my tickets, I also refered to the movie as 'The Day After Tomorrow'. :indeed:

The Naked Gun

One of the best spoof movie's out there and Leslie Nielsen's best film.

8/10

I watched The Dark Knight at the weekend for the first time (don't get to go to the cinema much these days) and loved it. I had to split it into two to fit it in around nap and bed times which meant that there seemed to be a bit of a lull in the middle (not sure if that would have been there if I'd watched it all at the same time) but the start and the end were cool. The joker felt really menacing.

8/10

The Day The Earth Stood Still

There's a decent Sci-Fi thriller hidden away in there it's just a shame the film's message is delivered with the subtlety of an Acme anvil.

Keanu Reeves was good, though.

5/10

Tropic Thunder

Better than I expected, though it dips towards the end. Downey Jr is hilarious and Steve Coogan finally gets a decent role in a US film. Tom Cruise was fantastic, he actually deserves his Golden Globe nomination, though he should be taken down a peg for his not at all amusing dancing.

Decent comedy.

6/10

La Vie en Rose

350.jpg

The scene where she is knitting on the beach was tragic.

9/10