NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

I Am Legend: Alternate Ending - 6.5/10

Better! I prefered that Smith survived! and that the chief dark seeker and his army had more of a purpose.

But it was underwhelming in another sense in that this ending was less dramatic.

The chief wanted his wife back and almost seemed to realise that Smith had lost his family too, yet it's annoying they don't seem to acknowledge he's trying to help them. They seem intelligent in some aspects and completely oblivious in others, but ah well, that's zombie vampire things for ya I guess!

Don't really see why they didn't keep this ending, but still!

There was an alternate ending?

What happened exactly?

Hellboy 2 The Golden Army

Wow! That was cool. Very funny. One bit made me do a laugh out burst which (a specific kind of laugh out burst, like when someones made an outraegous burn) which was lol, and unusual for a film to do that. Really enjoyed it. Big lol/omg cool at the ending! :)

8/10

I didn't like this movie at all. I fell asleep for most of the later sections...

This Is England

Wow. Basically a bit of a masterpiece. Iconic and a resounding vision of the 1980s. Excellent film.

9/10

I love this movie. In fact it's my favourite film of the year before.

Gran Torino

Basically, It's about a grumpy old racist (played by Clint Eastwood) making a connection with the Hmong family next door to him. It was pretty 'meh' overall, apart from a scene where Eastwood saves his Hmong neighbor from being raped by a group of blacks in an amazingly racist way; and also a scene where he tell a joke "A Mexican, a Jew and a colored man walks into a bar; the manager says 'Get the fuck out.'" The film would have been so much better if it was just Clint Eastwood as a super racist superhero, telling the odd un-pc joke between shooting-up neighborhood Koreans. Never-the-less...

6/10

In America

Good film. It's about a poor Irish family moving to America, which ended up being a pretty emotional film I suppose. Ironically, the best performance came from a 10 year old girl.

8/10

BASEketball

Look, fuck off. I like this film. I don't care if it's not exactly the most sophisticated comedy, Stone and Parker crack me up every time I see this. The psyche outs are genius and the story is actually quite good. It's better than most of the crap that passes for comedy these days, anyway.

9/10

This Is England

Wow. Basically a bit of a masterpiece. Iconic and a resounding vision of the 1980s. Excellent film.

9/10

I agree. It's one of the best movies I have ever seen, it's brilliant. It's one of those movies you can watch again and again, sort of like Dead Man's Shoes.

Role Models

Very funny, loved all of the characters (especially the RPG guy and the foul-mouthed 10 year old). Great entertainment.

7/10

Nil by mouth

A fantastic drama starring Kathy Burke and Ray Winstone. Very gritty British drama but I thought both Ray Winstone and Kathy Burke acted their parts fantastically, though I did feel so sorry for her character.

8/10

I agree. It's one of the best movies I have ever seen, it's brilliant. It's one of those movies you can watch again and again, sort of like Dead Man's Shoes.

Funny you should mention that, the trailer was on before it and I was like...

"O.....M.....G" Also Brick. So I'm going to buy both of them. They look absolutely amazing.

Dead Man's Shoes was awesome. This is England not so much, but still good.

BASEketball

Look, fuck off. I like this film. I don't care if it's not exactly the most sophisticated comedy, Stone and Parker crack me up every time I see this. The psyche outs are genius and the story is actually quite good. It's better than most of the crap that passes for comedy these days, anyway.

9/10

I saw this a couple of weeks ago and this is a movie that every person with a bit off a childish humor should see and love and it´s from the guy that made Airplane and Naked Gun.

The House Bunny

I expected it to be a film for women. Oh how wrong I was. It was pretty funny too.

8/10

"O.....M.....G" Also Brick. So I'm going to buy both of them. They look absolutely amazing.

Brick is an excellent excellent movie.

Brick is an excellent excellent movie.

I couldn't agree more, it really is fantastic, putting a film noir/mystery story in a high school setting. It shouldn't work but it's fantastic.

Role Models

A 'PG' friendly comedy disguised under layers of unnecessary profanity and nudity. It doesn't really have anything interesting to say but boy there is some good humour here and it's always good to see Paul Rudd.

6/10

Role Models

Very loltastic, great characters and slightly heartwarming.

8.5/10

I enjoyed it

HOW BUFF IS STIFFLER!!!!

seriously gunna max out the gym so I can look just like im, just you wait...

Yeah his pecks were ridiculous.

The Exorcism of Emily Rose by the Coward Robert Ford lololol.

Meh. It was alright. The court room bits (so...most/half the movie) was enjoyable enough I suppose. Wasn't quite what I was expecting. Deborah Morgan acted pretty well though.

5.5/10

yeah that dude is stacked. It's hilarious in Welcome To The Jungle though- The Rock makes him just look like a total dweeb anyway.

Role Models

Very loltastic, great characters and slightly heartwarming.

8.5/10

I did laugh quite a bit and yes Stiffler looks ridiculously good in a t-shirt. Me and two mates were in a different row from the others and when we saw Mclovins character we all turned to eachother at the same time and said 'Michael Jamieson', it was good. Anywho, funny film, not a classic but enjoyable.

Dead Man Shoes is so over rated. Cliched, unoriginal, bad script...great performance from Paddy but was completely under-whelmed by the film. Very predictable too, and a TERRIBLE ending!!

Some blurays arrived so I'll be watching There Will Be Blood, I'll post my thoughts later!

(Dark Knight arrived too but I don't want to have a big row with the board (and Rez) about my feelings on the film ;) )

The House Bunny

I expected it to be a film for women. Oh how wrong I was. It was pretty funny too.

8/10

i found it utterly un watchable. it won my 2008 prize for worst movie.

We told you we did! and then you showed us your t shirt?!

Yeah, but what I mean was I predicted it. I heard giggling and I was like....clearly comparisons are being made. :heh:

(Dark Knight arrived too but I don't want to have a big row with the board (and Rez) about my feelings on the film ;) )

HEY! People are allowed their own wrong opinions! ;)