NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Trainspotting

I haven't watched in years and I still love it. Don't need to say much as everyone must have seen it, it's a masterpiece. Obviously there are so many amazing performances and quotes; the final speech is incredible. But last night for me it was the speech about being Scottish that stood out, it's desperate, funny, perfectly written. All in all a top notch film.

10/10

I really want to see it, but never had the chance. Maybe i should just buy it.

What he said. Just knowing it's from Danny Boyle makes me want to see it. I basically decided this after watching 28 Days Later a dozen times in a row.

Don't need to say much as everyone must have seen it, it's a masterpiece.

OK, well that is quite clearly untrue. But yeah, make an effort to see it if you can, it's too good.

Indiana Jones: And Supernatural Sack of Shite

WTF! Well that was a disapointment!

I just didn't like the theme of the film, I didn't think it was fitting/right for the series. Yes I know it's about ancient discovery, and some of the treasures in the past have had an ancient/mystical magic power to them, but that's different. IMO taking it alien was an unnecessary step too far.

The action scenes seemed to try too hard and missed some of the humour from the past films. The previous films had slap-stick fight scenes, and stunts/set pieces that bordered on being far-fetched but still somewhat believable. This had too many unrealistic/rediculous moments e.g. driving the truck off the cliff onto the super stretchy tree, and all those waterfall drops etc... The action scenes were also coupled with some dodgy CGI at times. The film was trying to hard and just lost some adventure magic!

5/10

Final Destination 3

Such a guilty pleasure. I love it so much. The others are good, but this is the best of the three. I like the main character, and some of the deaths are completely brilliant. Also, the irony of listening to "Love rollercoaster" just after you've almost died on one, and then dying whilst that song is playing is brilliant.

Final Destination 4: Death Trip 3D is out August 21st. I am SO hyped.

Rather enjoyable/10

The Prestige

I liked it the first time but I loved it the second time after knowing all the twists.

9/10

Final Destination 4: Death Trip 3D is out August 21st. I am SO hyped.

I second that! I hope it's playing in my local cinema in 3D, I'd be pissed if it wasn't!

Final Destination 3 was the worst of the three imo (rollercoaster thing was a bit lame). I hope 4 is better.

The first was great with the plane and the deaths were nice and nasty. The second built on the idea. I just thought the third was fun but a bit meh. The deaths seemed just really random, okay randomer, and the build up wasn't anywhere near as good as the first two.

Rather enjoyable/10

Agh fuck you...!

My eyes!

: peace:

Final Destination 3 was the worst of the three (rollercoaster thing was a bit lame). I hope 4 is better.

No way. The second was the worst, though I loved the accident. The first, I've seen too many times and the male lead annoys me.

The next is at a nascar racing event. Male lead too (Aww). We shall see. Hopefully it manages to keep the momentum throughout, and keeps the same suprising/random deaths.

Then again. As soon as a severed arm flys at me from the screen, I'm sure I'll be loving it. :p

Agh fuck you...!

My eyes!

Look, bitch. (:p) I've not been using it half as much. I'm always aware when I type it now, that you will hate me for doing so. I just like the word too much. :D

RATHER

No way. The second was the worst, though I loved the accident. The first, I've seen too many times and the male lead annoys me.

The next is at a nascar racing event. Male lead too (Aww). We shall see. Hopefully it manages to keep the momentum throughout, and keeps the same suprising/random deaths.

Then again. As soon as a severed arm flys at me from the screen, I'm sure I'll be loving it. :p

I like that the male lead in the first it a total dweeb. :D

Two just had an awesome ending. I thought the deaths were cooler like the kid getting crushed by the glass, and then the air bag nailing that woman's head into the broken pipe, the lottery winner, the other woman in the lift with her head and not to forget the barbed wire slicing that guy to bits. Plus, the end, again, was hysterical!! :heh:

My problem with three is the rollercoaster being a bit lame, and the build up to the deaths wasn't really there.

NASCAR?!! WOOOOOOOHOOOO!!! You've got me hyped now! :smile:

The Prestige

I liked it the first time but I loved it the second time after knowing all the twists.

9/10

I always get mixed up with the prestige and the illusionist, I know I liked both muchly; perhaps I will watch again so I can sort them out in my mind.

I like that the male lead in the first it a total dweeb. :D

Two just had an awesome ending. I thought the deaths were cooler like the kid getting crushed by the glass, and then the air bag nailing that woman's head into the broken pipe, the lottery winner, the other woman in the lift with her head and not to forget the barbed wire slicing that guy to bits. Plus, the end, again, was hysterical!! :heh:

My problem with three is the rollercoaster being a bit lame, and the build up to the deaths wasn't really there.

NASCAR?!! WOOOOOOOHOOOO!!! You've got me hyped now! :smile:

Lol. Yeah! The cars smash into the crowd causing untold destruction. Should be rather amusing in 3D.

Hmm. The bit with the baby being born and all that, was a little annoying if I'm honest. I do agree, the ending was pretty hilarious. Still I loved the ending of the 3rd. Not knowing whether they died or not. Also, the sunbed death. Seeing them die whilst hearing that awesome song? It was hilariously disgusting. One of the best deaths of the series.

I think I'm just saying all this because I love Mary Elisabeth Winstead. :p (And the main guy wasn't bad to look at either...)

Lust Caution

Hmm. Certainly a beautiful film, and very emotional. And suprisingly vivid sex. Seemed to plod a long a bit and Wong was a bit...nothing. Everyone used her and she just seemed to go along with it.

Lol. Yeah! The cars smash into the crowd causing untold destruction. Should be rather amusing in 3D.

Hmm. The bit with the baby being born and all that, was a little annoying if I'm honest. I do agree, the ending was pretty hilarious. Still I loved the ending of the 3rd. Not knowing whether they died or not. Also, the sunbed death. Seeing them die whilst hearing that awesome song? It was hilariously disgusting. One of the best deaths of the series.

I think I'm just saying all this because I love Mary Elisabeth Winstead. :p (And the main guy wasn't bad to look at either...)

Yes, I did love the whole sun bed death. :heh:

Yeah, the baby thing is a bit silly but it has that lady from Heroes in it which more than made up for it. Ali Larter, I think her name is.

I've only seen the second one, a few years ago.

I loved Ali Larter in that, and that's partly the reason I stuck with Heroes for as long as I did.

Not too interested in the others...though I did have a night where I looked up all the deaths from all 3 films.

Yes, I did love the whole sun bed death. :heh:

Yeah, the baby thing is a bit silly but it has that lady from Heroes in it which more than made up for it. Ali Larter, I think her name is.

Oh, agreed totally. Had she been the lead in the film, I think I would love it so much more. She was the best thing about the second, for sure. Sometimes you just warm to a character, and she was one of those. Kind of like how I did with Winstead in the third.

FD4:DT 3D

Helluva acronym right there...

damn auto smilies.....

FD4 DT 3D

muchly

Dear Te-ERR-anceeeee

I loved you

muchly.

My favourite one.

Well, I watched Appaloosa. I liked it, of course I like Viggo and Ed Harris which may be an influence. Some people felt the pacing was too slow and it dragged on, I didn't get that. I did watch it in two sittings, but I never felt that it was dragging on. A decent story, and a good western. For being only Harris's second time directing, with the last being Pollock in 00, I felt it was pretty well directed. Even before considering that.

Of course what do I know? I'm not you after all.

7.5/10

Also, WTFFF is wrong with Renee Zellwegers face??! Was she repeatedly slammed into a wall all her life?! I'd never expect something that ugly to become a semi successful actress, much less keep that face after coming into money!

defience

well, for a start, i was sat at the very front, so my perspective was bad, and i had an idot woman next to me. she said several times, loudly, "thats spider from corrination street!" yes, it is, and thats billy elliot but i dont feel the need to inform you. still, that wasnt the films fault.

actual film. was pretty good. petty bassic story really (idiot woman didnt get it) but some decent acting, very well shot action and some rather hauting moments.

that said, it dragged at moments, and a couple of moments seemed a bit hollywood cliche for a true story.

still, very enjoyable, and an important story to tell

8/10

and once again, the spirit was a horrible film. im starting to think it gave me th AIDs.

Is Defiance about that story of the jew's who escaped the Nazi's by surviving for a few years in the forest in Belarus? (Wow, that was a badly constructed sentence)

Agh fuck you...!

My eyes!

To be fair, Haggis saying rather isn't nearly as annoying as you and chair saying lovely.:indeed:

Bride Wars

Girlfriend dragged me to see this. It wasnt bad in all honesty. I like both Anne Hathaway and Kate Hudson and they worked well together. The story was quite predictable and not as funny as i'd hoped from the trailers. Most of the funny parts were already shown in that. But nontheless it was a pleasant film. Definitely a girl flick if it wasnt obvious and probably not funny enough to keep most men entertained, but i have a bit of a feminine side so that got me through the "oh-my-god weddings are so great!" stuff.

6.5/10

When I saw the poster for that I thought someone should make a movie called 'Bridal Wave' about two surfers getting married....while surfing! Could be something...

But yeah Bride Wars looks kinda meh. From what I understand of it its basically the plot of several sitcom episodes; a bride-to-be's plans (for the perfect dress, perfect band, perfect wedding etc) are ruined due to some other bride-to-be so they duke it out. Yes? Thankfully in a sitcom it lasts no more than 22 minutes and there tends to be a less girly B-story too.

Slumdog Millionaire

I don't understand why everyone is fawning over this film so much, it was quite good, very enjoyable but it's baffling that it topped so many critics lists and that it's won so many awards.

Danny Boyle's direction is the opposite of great, he makes things more complicated than they should be making the picture harder to follow. It never gets to the point where it's confusing, but his camerawork is certainly annoying.

There are some great performances here though and a couple of great moments, but it all could have been improved if he were carrying his oversized cheque in the final scene.

7/10

Is Defiance about that story of the jew's who escaped the Nazi's by surviving for a few years in the forest in Belarus? (Wow, that was a badly constructed sentence)

it is. theres also a horse but that isnt important.

No Country For Old Men

Not the masterpiece it's made out to be, but still worth a watch. The scene's with Josh Brolin and Javier Bardem keep you hooked and are quite tense at times, but I'm afraid to say that every time Tommy Lee Jones was on screen, I was very very bored.

Night at the Musuem

Disappointing. If Steve Carell was in Ben Stiller's role it may of have been better, but there were plenty of entertaining cameos to enjoy.

Shoot Em Up

Brilliant fun. Action, 2 minutes of dialogue, action, 2 minutes of dialogue, action etc... for 90mins. A live action comic with OTT action.