NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

the number 23

A thought-provoking film that's well written and has a good twist at the end.

8/10

Also love near the end when Jude Law comes into his surgery and saying that portman is his, and he loves her, you don't love her, I do etc. And Owen says "don't talk to me about love. Do you know what a heart looks like? It looks like a fist wrapped in blood." What a fucking line that is!!!

I love that scene/the writing of that too. Forgot about it until now actually. :smile:

Indeed.

Last Holiday

I got this for my sister for xmas, for the same reason I got Nancy Drew from here. Both films we hadn't seen, yet made jokes about.

It was alright, typical fare. The aspect that she's slowly dying isn't really raised much (obviously would put a dampner on the fun), but it was relatively heart-warming.

Nothing special though, and of course, a lot of unbelievable bits.

5/10

Are you scared 2

To me, it didn't really have anything to do with the first Are You Scared so I would have called it a completely different name. The acting was below average, the storyline was weak and the characters got on your nerves a lot of the time.

3/10

Slumdog Millionaire

A great film. Everything about it had you gripped. I can't really pick a fault with it, the storyline was great, the acting was alright. If you like a drama, you'd love this.

8/10

My top movies of 2008 (in no order)

1. The forbidden kingdom

2. Saw V

3. Slumdog Millionaire

4. Dark Knight

5. Bolt

6. Be kind rewind

7. WALL.E

8. High School Musical 3: Senior Year

9. Changeling

10. Resident Evil: Degeneration

The Good Girl

One of my favourite movies ever. It made me see how good an actress Aniston could have been had she not gone down the path of romantic comedies. Gylenhaal is brilliant as the slightly crazy, confused guy who hates his life and everyone in it. I love the story, and the way their relationship develops so quickly is almost as fascinating to watch as seeing it all gradually fall apart around them. The chemistry between Gylenhaal and Aniston shows, and really makes for a brilliant/funny/tragic movie.

American History X

I expected something fantastic, and instead I got a cliche ridden joke of a movie. Well ok, that's completely over the top but I'm just annoyed it was nowhere near as good as I had both hoped and expected. The main guys beliefs seem to change constantly. One thing that makes no sense to me is that we're lead to believe he loathes anyone from a different background other than white protestant. He kills three black men in a utterly over the top and violent manner just because they are stealing his car. Then, after meeting a nice black guy in jail he suddenly sees the error of his ways and changes completely? Bullshit. It's like they are saying had Hitler met a nice black guy, he would have seen the error of his ways and not killed millions of innocent people. Oh, and the ending was the most obvious thing ever too. When the camera panned to the "girlfriend" weeping uncontrollably I burst into laughter. They had met the day before at a party, it's not like they were married with 3 children. Oh and also the fact that after one story about getting raped in Jail and meeting a nice black guy his brother even stops being racist both instantly and completely. Again, what gives?

Norton gave a fantastic performance however and It did manage to keep my attention throughout. I can see what it was trying to do, but I feel it just failed to do it.

No Country For Old Men

Second time viewing and it's still a brilliant movie. The acting is utterly fantastic and the storyline holds it own throughout the movie. The ending however annoys me slightly tbh. Moments of the movie are completely gripping, but from time to time it slips and feels like it's just chugging along for the sake of it.

Alien vs Predator: Requiem

Funking abysmal. How anyone could even fathom enjoying this I don't know. The director needs burning.

Airplane

New Year Movie after lots of wine and guinness, pretty funny then.

7/10

Airplane would get a 10/10 from me on the comedy movie scale

Quoted for the god-damn truth. :smile:

Brilliant. :)

One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest

Wowza. That was awesome. I wasn't sure if the nurse woman was supposed to be seen as being a crazy bitch until it became obvious towards the end, but she looked so evil, with her face. Outstanding performances from everyone. Particularly Danny Devitos bemused smile. Rather excellent.

9/10

I think im gonna start a movie review blog. I always enjoy watching movies and writing so why not. Hopefully will give me a reason to watch the backlog of dvds ive got aswell.

Brilliant. :)

One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest

Wowza. That was awesome. I wasn't sure if the nurse woman was supposed to be seen as being a crazy bitch until it became obvious towards the end, but she looked so evil, with her face. Outstanding performances from everyone. Particularly Danny Devitos bemused smile. Rather excellent.

9/10

Yay! It's one of those films that can't be seen in any way other than amazing.

Airplane

New Year Movie after lots of wine and guinness, pretty funny then.

7/10

I also watched on new year, also after drinks and yea, Id agree with that rating.

The humor wasn't exactly subtle, though altogether it was wtf amd amusing enough.

24 Redemption

Dunno if I should post in the Tv thread or here but yah. Pretty disappointing. Jack and the kids was one of the most most cringeworthy things I've seen in a while. The action was OK, given the film format nothing special, and some of the 'emotional' scenes were pretty pathetic.

4 / 10

I also watched on new year, also after drinks and yea, Id agree with that rating.

The humor wasn't exactly subtle, though altogether it was wtf amd amusing enough.

Humour wasn't exactly subtle? Is that a criticism. "amusing enough" I couldn't really disagree more tbh.

I'd even understand more if you'd both given it a lower rating as it might not be your thing. Its not a mediocore film....its effectively a masterpiece of comedy, and shaped and inspired an entire generation of movies.

*Shrugs*

In Bruges

Wasnt sure what I was going to make of this movie, it had been spoken so highly of that that might of ruined it for me a bit. Thankfully I dont think it did.

Thought the acting was brilliant for all involved, although Ralph Fiennes looks like a pillock when he runs. Some great music used in the right places and I rarely notice soundtracks on the first viewing of movies.

I thought the comedy was excellent and I look forward to watching it again so I can pay attention to lines a bit more closely.

Oh and I love the actress who played Chloe, especially when she smiles.

8.5/10

Face/Off

Ooooh very cool action/flick. Enjoyable, and proposturous, and the finale was/quality!

8.2/10

Alien vs Predator: Requiem

Funking abysmal. How anyone could even fathom enjoying this I don't know. The director needs burning.

Hurray! I found someone who agrees with me! :yay:

I told all of my mates this and they looked at me like I was crazy. It's seriously the shittiest thing...nay, the second shittiest thing (first being Disaster Movie)

Hurray! I found someone who agrees with me! :yay:

I told all of my mates this and they looked at me like I was crazy. It's seriously the shittiest thing...nay, the second shittiest thing (first being Disaster Movie)

One line sums up the entire movie:

*Random shouting* "People are dying...we need guns".

I rest my case.

I swear it's the worst movie I've ever had the experience of watching. Well, that and Disaster movie like you say.

wall-e

still love it, cute and sweet and a good all round movie.

rambo

pretty fucking awsome, in a no need to think way, just amazine to watch, especialy when a little drunk

shaun of the dead

still love it. every second is great

cop and a half

dimond of a movie. havent laughed so hard at a family movie in ages. guilty pleasure, thy name is cop and a half.

9/10 for all!

One line sums up the entire movie:

*Random shouting* "People are dying...we need guns".

I rest my case.

I swear it's the worst movie I've ever had the experience of watching. Well, that and Disaster movie like you say.

Out of interest;

Have you seen Alien or Aliens?

Out of interest;

Have you seen Alien or Aliens?

I've seen both, yes. Why do you ask?