Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

How do you convince a paranoid mother...

demonmike04

To let a girl stay round the night?

This is a problem im currently in, and I really need peoples help on this..

Ok, one of my friends is in a bit of trouble and needs to stay round my house not the weekend coming, but the weekend after. But my mother is a very paranoid person (she called me panicking that i was 5 minutes late home), the problem is I have to convince my mum to let this girl stay.

But here's the facts that will probably convince my mum not to let the girl stay:

She lives more than 50 miles away

The girl has a crush on me

The girl smokes

Now, how should i go about convincing my mother? Any help i am truely thankful for guys!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your mother does not need to know she is smoking - after all that girl could live for a few hours without smoking (how ironic she will live even longer without smoking) and if not she could go outside.

Tell your mother that is really important for you. You like the girl (even if you don't tell her) and it would be a great chance to improve your relation with her. You could watch DVDs, play console games, whatever. Also you should try to convince your mother that the girl has some troubles at home and doesn't know where to stay for that weekend.

I hope I am not rude but can't you ask your father for help? I mean as a man he might understand it a bit better ...

Ok, I think you and your mother need to have a talk. You should explain to her that you while appreciate her looking out for you, it is also very restrictive and that you feel it is time you were given a little more room to make your own decisions in life. It may not get her to let this girl stay, but it should allow you a little more freedom from her paranoia in the future.

Ok heres the thing, nothings gonna go on.

She just needs a place to stay because she cant find a train home at the time she was planning, and its leaving really early. Im trying to find her a train home at the moment, but if that fails she needs to stay here.

But I also realised she is good friends with one of my friends also, so if it fails for her to stay here and find a train, she will be able to stay at he's house.

Im asking my friend John because he's had the same situation and he's mum is pretty paranoid too (i guess its just the town were living in).

Thanks for your help guys! (Even the ones that are convincing me to kill my mother..)

Ok heres the thing, nothings gonna go on.

She just needs a place to stay because she cant find a train home at the time she was planning, and its leaving really early. Im trying to find her a train home at the moment, but if that fails she needs to stay here.

But I also realised she is good friends with one of my friends also, so if it fails for her to stay here and find a train, she will be able to stay at he's house.

Im asking my friend John because he's had the same situation and he's mum is pretty paranoid too (i guess its just the town were living in).

Thanks for your help guys! (Even the ones that are convincing me to kill my mother..)

Molotov her house, then your mum won't be heartless enough to cast her out onto the street, would she?

[she's also got no close living relatives or friends. Use that nugget.]

My mum's real liberal, but when I wanted my ex girlfriend (long time ago, and while she was my girlfriend) to stay over for the first time, she gave me the 'I don't want to be a grandmother' speech. I told her it's fine and that I'm sensible and I don't want to ruin my future by having a child.

Quite simple, but my mum's a liberal one. Still, try that.

To let a girl stay round the night?

This is a problem im currently in, and I really need peoples help on this..

Ok, one of my friends is in a bit of trouble and needs to stay round my house not the weekend coming, but the weekend after. But my mother is a very paranoid person (she called me panicking that i was 5 minutes late home), the problem is I have to convince my mum to let this girl stay.

But here's the facts that will probably convince my mum not to let the girl stay:

She lives more than 50 miles away

The girl has a crush on me

The girl smokes

Now, how should i go about convincing my mother? Any help i am truely thankful for guys!

Am i the only one that find this post lame?

Tell your mother that her dad rapes her and she needs a place to stay while her mum goes on a business trip because she is scared her dad will rape her constantly all night.

...or is that a little too sick?

I thought saying that this dude should play the race card went too far, if that helps put it into perspective..

Rape is never a joke. Unless you're raping a clown.