N-Europe

Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack: N64 & SEGA Mega Drive (& GBA!!)

Julius

9 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Seeing as I've racked up 7 wins so far and have the Sword Beam, I'll sit out and watch from @S.C.G's stream and laugh at you in voice chat.

@BowserBasher, you're on hosting duty. (Assuming we don't get a 6th person)

And don't forget to set the text speed to Fast on the files select screen if you haven't.

Appreciate the gesture but only do that if you're sure, it's usually your lot game night so I don't want to make you miss out or anything.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Ike said:

Appreciate the gesture but only do that if you're sure, it's usually your lot game night so I don't want to make you miss out or anything.

Yeah, but I'm always available, it's good to switch up the group now and again. Keeps things fresh.
With Nicktendo around, you'll need to get the silver keys for him anyway, so it's not like I'm falling behind.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Oof, if only @Nicktendo put his all into the credits game, he would've won that one.

Yes, it totally matters. 22 rupee difference!

I had the wife call me during the credits :cry:

Thanks for the game, that was fun! First time I've ever played it.

Just now, Nicktendo said:

I had the wife call me during the credits

Oh, that's unfortunate! I'd apologise, but that's not in the spirit of Four Swords!

Sooner or later, we'll get to a point where all 4 players had seen the credits, and then we can finally go for the gold keys!

That said, our rupee gathering was crazy good this week. Over 5000 in each of the key stages! Which is good, because the required amount is that much for the final keys!

I would have joined tonight but my TV which has been on the way out for the best part of a year finally became unusable as of last night, so I set about taking the old set out and dismantling my make-shift TV stand which I've had for ages, and then I didn't get around to setting up the new set yet, so here's hoping all will be OK for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate tomorrow night.

On the upside, I now have the two NES consoles back that I was using as part of the stand... they were £10 or less items when I originally bought them... they probably cost as much as a decent TV stand now. :p

I've got some wooden units ready to make a new TV stand, as I knew this day would come, I just need to sort it all out, heck I got the replacement TV over a year ago, when I noticed the old one was on its way out.

Anyway, I'm glad to see that you still got to play, it's just a shame that I couldn't play and stream it tonight, but I should be back to gaming tomorrow night, for now, I'm just typing this as I'm using my second monitor (now set up at the correct height) to just catch up on everything I've missed this evening. :peace:

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

A trio of games previously unreleased outside of Japan - Densetsu no Starfy 1-3 - arrive on NSO for GBA...today!

Dive into a trio of colorful action games starring Starfy, the legendary star-shaped hero, in Densetsu no Starfy, Densetsu no Starfy 2 and Densetsu no Starfy 3. Previously only available in Japan, these titles are joining the Game Boy" Advance Nintendo Switch Online library, and are available for all Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack members to play starting today!

Edited by Julius
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Oh wow! That’s awesome! Have always wanted to try these games out :D

Shame that they haven’t been translated but AFAIK, these games don’t present much of a language barrier to actually playing through these games as they’re fairly straightforward platformers; so it shouldn’t be much of an issue here.

Hopefully this means that we’ll also end up getting Kururin Paradise, Guru Guru Champ, F-Zero Climax, Rhythm Tengoku and the Bit Generations games as well at some point on the NSO service :hehe:

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Hopefully this means that we’ll also end up getting Kururin Paradise, Guru Guru Champ, F-Zero Climax, Rhythm Tengoku and the Bit Generations games as well at some point on the NSO service :hehe:

Congrats on not including Mother 3 in that, like everyone else is stupidly doing.

Anyway, what the hell, Starfy 3!? That scared the crap out of me!

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Congrats on not including Mother 3 in that, like everyone else is stupidly doing.

Anyway, what the hell, Starfy 3!? That scared the crap out of me!

There are quite a few more JPN only first party GBA games (Earthbound Endings, Magical Vacation, Tomato Adventure, Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade and Custom Robo GX), but unlike the ones previously mentioned, they’d be unplayable without extensive Japanese knowledge and would require full English localisations… which ain’t happening for a “free” NSO release.  They’d have to get the paid standalone FESD&TBOL treatment.

That being said, Nintendo have been known to sit on previously unreleased localisations before (The EU versions of Drill Dozer and Wario Ware Twisted immediately spring to mind, as does ASH on the DS), so who knows what else is sitting in their vaults just waiting to be released?

Edited by Dcubed

Right, It's Friday, time for some online NSO shenanigans.

There's 3 of us here tonight, if a fourth is interested in Four Swords, then I'd like that. If not, then Perfect Dark it is.

8:30 is the usual time, but BowserBasher and I will be messing around on Special Agent co-op before that.

6 hours ago, Julius said:

A trio of games previously unreleased outside of Japan - Densetsu no Starfy 1-3 - arrive on NSO for GBA...today!

Is this what that EMIO thing was about? :p

• Haha 1

What's the crossover with Starfy and a Nintendo franchise? Is it the same developers, does Kirby appear in one or something? I know there's some factoid like that but can't recall what. 

17 minutes ago, Ashley said:

What's the crossover with Starfy and a Nintendo franchise? Is it the same developers, does Kirby appear in one or something? I know there's some factoid like that but can't recall what. 

The ones I know of are that he appears in Super Princess Peach (also made by Tose) and in Smash Bros.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Thanks. Think it was Peach I was thinking of. 

It's not that.

A certain character appears in the third game as a cameo.

I'd tell you, but I can't seem to get the spoiler tag to work...