NEurope
Julius

Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack: N64 & SEGA Mega Drive (& GBA!!)

If another group's venturing out I might not mind getting in on it if a spot's open.

18 hours ago, Jonnas said:

When do these sessions take place? Truth be told, Four Swords is one of the few titles I'd like to try online.

6 hours ago, Nicktendo said:

I would be down for some Friday night sword swinging if there's space. Never played Four Swords and would love to give it a try the way it was intended.

1 hour ago, darksnowman said:

If another group's venturing out I might not mind getting in on it if a spot's open.

Well, if we figure out when you lot are usually free, then we might be able to get a group together.

So, like Dcubed said, I'm basically free all day Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. The only exceptions are Thursday at 8pm (UK Time). I play Mario Kart for about an hour then, I'm up for it before or after that though.

And Saturday from 7:30pm is when I play Smash, that goes on until 10, so unless you're a real night owl, it would have to be before that.

If you lot (and @Ashley, if he's interested) say what day and times you're free, then we might find some cross reference and get a game going.

I'd be very much a "if I'm free I'll let you know" kind of thing because I'm terrible at planning my own schedule so wouldn't expect others to work around it

6 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Well, if we figure out when you lot are usually free, then we might be able to get a group together.

So, like Dcubed said, I'm basically free all day Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. The only exceptions are Thursday at 8pm (UK Time). I play Mario Kart for about an hour then, I'm up for it before or after that though.

My most consistent evenings out of those three are Thursday's, really. If that day works out for anybody else, I might just take part.

Right, @S.C.G, whenever you're ready, just hop on to our game and you'll get to watch Simon and me flail around randomly. Then when we fail or succeed, we'll play some Combat Simulator with DCubed

• Thanks 1

When I claim I'm pretty mediocre at this game, I damn well mean it!
I'm Player 1 on the left. @BowserBasher is on the right.

You can just tell when laughter stopped him from playing for a brief moment.

He was Player 3 then.

Man, it's surreal playing the N64 version of Perfect Dark in Widescreen and Hi-res and it running so smoothly, that's completely impossible on original hardware!

Just gotta fix the blur effect and the fact the N64 controller icons don't disappear in Widescreen, and it'll be perfect!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

custom-9d1d906b-3803-4557-817c-8b73b772142f-640x360.jpeg

Perfect Dark on the Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pack - N-Europe Multiplayer (28/06/2024)

Thanks for the games. :peace:

We had some great multiplayer matches, including one Knives Only match, and one with proximity mines... which went as expected. :rolleyes:

The challenges are great as well, fun to play in co-op, just don't chuck grenades with 'proximity pinall' setting, with one hit kills and expect it to go well. :p

Balls, you only unlock the extra music for Combat Simulator by doing each mission on Solo Campaign.

Still, thanks to the stuff I learnt playing with @BowserBasher, I have managed to get past G5 Building by myself for the first time ever.
I'll see how far I can take that before having to beg @Dcubed to do it for me.

Still wanna finish it in co-op, mind. It's a lot more fun.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, S.C.G said:

just don't chuck grenades with 'proximity pinall' setting, with one hit kills and expect it to go well.

Well now we need to do this. You all say what happened to me in the firing range.

Great fun, some hilarity, no that’s not right, loads of hilarity. Some very special moments in the combat simulator. 

@Glen-i let me know when you’d like to carry on with our co op game. It’s actually quite nice playing knowing you have some backup. Will be fun seeing how we do on the higher difficulty levels. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

@Glen-i let me know when you’d like to carry on with our co op game. It’s actually quite nice playing knowing you have some backup. Will be fun seeing how we do on the higher difficulty levels. 

Next Friday at 6 seems like a decent time.

• Like 1

Just looked at the price of the N64 controller at CEX and it's £50. Blimey. 

Trying to figure out if the motion sickness I felt last week was just getting used to the controller. Not having a dual analogue setup really confuses my brain now so I spent the first 5 minutes basically playing dizzy dinosaurs. 

18 hours ago, Ashley said:

Just looked at the price of the N64 controller at CEX and it's £50. Blimey. 

That's surprisingly good for CEX, they retailed for £40

On 25/06/2024 at 6:22 PM, Glen-i said:

Basically any evening with a bit of a heads up.

• Thanks 1