Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack: N64 & SEGA Mega Drive (& GBA!!)

Julius

3 hours ago, Glen-i said:

That's a long game. But assuming the other two participants are fine with it, then OK.

Don't think I have every character starred though...

You've got time.

Nah, it was a rare joking suggestion. What about Complex with proxy mines, an earnest Rare suggestion?

If I get a call-up what should I expect? Whistle stop tour of a few games over an hour?

22 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

If I get a call-up what should I expect? Whistle stop tour of a few games over an hour?

Pretty much, but we tend to go for two hours, maybe more.

You don't need to stick around for the whole duration if you can't though.

Anyway, I'll make a note to put Goldeneye on the list with those settings, but only if we play a round of Slappers Only, License to Kill afterwards. It's hilarious!

Fair warning though, we play with inverted aim. Majority of us prefer it.

Edited by Glen-i

Oh right, I forgot to ask!

2 hours ago, darksnowman said:

Nah, it was a rare joking suggestion.

Does that also apply to the Full length Mario Tennis match? Because I'm sure something like a 3 set, 2 game match would be a decent portion of Mario Tennis without commandeering the whole night.

Yes, I'm fully aware that any game of Mario Party lasts for at least an hour, but we'll only play that if you're up for it.

Edited by Glen-i

Right, good sesh. And absolutely gentlemanly behaviour throughout!

For context, I'm Player 1 (Boo, Top Left Screen, Maple)

@BowserBasher is Player 2, (Paratroopa, Bottom Left Screen in F-Zero, Top Right in Mario Kart, Sonny)

@Dcubed is Player 3, (Wario, Top Right in F-Zero, Bottom Left in Mario Kart, Wario in Mario Golf)

And @darksnowman is Player 4 (DK, Bottom Right Screen, Harry)

I'm 33 years old...

But still, sometimes we're so flabbergasted, we actually stop taking the mick!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Great evening of games. Thanks guys. So much hilarity. Most of my captures were what @Glen-i already posted but I do have this one from Goldeneye

And this slightly longer version of the one on F-Zero.

that putt of mine was just unbelievable, the moment it started rolling down I could see it going in. Sometimes I surprise myself with some shots I've made. I really have no idea why Nintendo didn't add taunting and applause to new golf games 😂  I mean it's not like we overuse them.

The tennis games were very fun and close. Some great rallies in there. Also Glen really is a one trick pony when it comes to serving with Boo. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

that putt of mine was just unbelievable, the moment it started rolling down I could see it going in. Sometimes I surprise myself with some shots I've made.

That was your putt? Well judged—nicely done. Could see it was heading for the cup as soon as it curved. I only unblock social media embeds when it looks like someone has posted news without comment.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Great gaming session, that double-double (??) Judo chop kill was awesome. 

That lightning glitch in Mario Kart needs to be looked into. I don't ever remember it being like that. I know people used to use it just before another was about to take a jump so that they didn't make it. Maybe it was always like this but we have just never really noticed cause it never happened.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank God they’re doing both at once, or else the wait would be tortuous to carry on with the story.

Will be interesting to see how they handle the save transfer feature.  Because with how the link cable support is currently set up? There will be no way to actually make use of the save data transfer feature without having to resort to passwords…

20 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Will be interesting to see how they handle the save transfer feature.  Because with how the link cable support is currently set up? There will be no way to actually make use of the save data transfer feature without having to resort to passwords…

Looks like we've got our answer on that front from the JP press release: 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Thank God they’re doing both at once, or else the wait would be tortuous to carry on with the story.

You quit that bitching and get a pen and paper out to write your gold password NAAAOW.

No, no you cannot take screenshots with the capture button.