Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Don't die without trying this!!!

DiemetriX

Hmmm, I dunno. I just don't trust it. I somehow can't quite bring myself to experience something that was recommended to me with the words "die" and "trying this" so close in the same sentence. There's something instictive deep inside me saying something. It says no.

Never mind, I tried it, it is actually pretty cool. It's an mp3 that plays of someone shaking stuff and walking around you. It's done so it actually sounds as if there's really someone there.

Needs headphones to work, though.

After listening with my headphones a metre away from me to check for those stupid scare things, I listened properly and it's actually quite good. At first I didn't think it sounded real, even when it moved from speaker to speaker but after about 30 seconds it sounds like it's right behind you :)

I wouldn't praise it so far to say you must do it before you die though lol. It's alright

This is fairly advanced sound technology. I think it plays on some of the effects of Dolby Pro Logic 2 (virtual surround). But because you wear headphones, it's massivly amplified! Coolies!

Pretty awesome :) You should really make an effort to assure people that this isn't one of those stupid things that lures you into a quiet sense of security then scares the crap out of you. If I hadn't read people's comments here first, I definitely would've thought it was one of those.

Am i the only one that heard the matches go infront of you?

What kind of headphones do you have? I just heard them going through my head :)

If the matches didn't shiver you this probably will. And no, it's not something that spooks you. It's just another sample of the technology.

Tried it again, this time I read the instructions :D Didn't close my eyes the first time.

Ahhh. That explains it. If you have your eyes open Your eyes will feed the brain inforamtion that contradicsts the sounds, making the brain precive the sound different. (I'm a psycology student)