N-Europe

Playstation 5 Console Discussion

Dcubed

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

Immediately made my heart drop. Did not know it's about a young man whose father died, which resonates with me. Seems like it's a story about grief and feelings associated with it.
Might make me tear up...

Not sure if you've seen it already, but if you haven't, Abubakar Salim's speech to reveal the game at the TGAs last year was genuinely one of the highlights of the show. 

I still remember the surprise that this game looked absolutely nothing like what I expected, I think just based on some of the other wonderful games others have put out in remembrance of lost ones a lot of people were expecting something different, which I found a really wonderful reminder of how we all grieve, process, and move forwards differently. 

Anyways, hope you enjoy it and that it handles its subject well :peace:

Edited by Julius
  • Thanks 2

Well, that made me tear up :cry:

It's funny, my parents kinda introduced me to gaming, too. Not by saying: "Look at this, this is cool, this is a form of art.", but rather by buying a Game Boy with Tetris for themselves :D
And sure enough, 5 year old drahkon hogged that little handheld and it grew into his biggest hobby.

My parents eventually bought a SNES and my dad and I played Super Mario World a lot. I still play this game every year around Christmas.
My dad got into gaming more and more, my mom as well but not as much. They both entered the Nintendo DS phase and I remember my father playing Final Fantasy III (among other games) and being completely absorbed. :)

He died in 2009 and I obviously remember more about him than the occasional gaming session of his, but some of my fondest memories are seeing him playing games.

I'm sure he would've loved the Switch. Same as my mom does (for her, the device is basically an Animal Crossing and various farming games machine :laughing:).

• Like 2